• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sarmatia1871 said:
The storyline in Asia has been developed a bit without me telling anyone: AlgOstAsien is the German puppet, controlling most of Southern China. However, the most strategically important Treaty Ports and the abandoned British colony of Hong Kong were granted statutes of autonomy in the 1920s, guaranteed by the major interested powers (eg. Germany, Japan, USA, and Canada), and bound into a loose political federation for mutual protection and assistance. Their 'Government' is controlled by a mixture of local Chinese bosses and displaced Europeans, particularly former colonial administrators. As such, they're independant and a bit vulnerable, but also conduits for smuggling and all sorts of other illicit activities into the rest of China.

Ah... Reminds me of that Tintin story :p

DCyDe said:
Hi, first i would like to congratulate you to this excellent mod.
Second: excuse my bad english :rolleyes:

I have some ideas to make southamerica more interesting:

Argentina: should follow imperialistic goals with help from germany.

In case of that Venezuela, Ecuador, Kolumbia should get the chance to form a new Großkolumbien like in 1828 together with Peru.

Bolivia: should be divided between Großkolumbien and Argentina in the case that Großkolumbien would be established.

Brasil: should have the opotunity to deside what to do: 1) assist Großkolumbien 2) assist Argentina 3) behave neutral and very issolated

I think I'm planning on having a Chilean-Argentinian war against Bolivia at some point, and Brazil is going to be a potential major player, getting a choice of which global faction it's going to align with.

A restoration of Grancolumbia might be an idea, as I haven't really found anything interesting to do with Venzuala, Peru, Columbia or Ecuador. So any suggestions with these (particularly on the domestic policy front, which is what I generally want to deal with first) will be greatly appreciated!

Hey, does anybody know any prominent german military academies, possible name for a french revolutionary military training establishment, a canadian/british military academy and some military establishment that would propagate static defence?

For the doctrines. They have that "Officer training method" subtechs and I'd need names...

T-hiddemen said:
flag_es1.bmp

shield_es1.bmp

counter_es1.bmp

*Drool*

CCurio said:
Hey, does anybody know any prominent german military academies, possible name for a french revolutionary military training establishment, a canadian/british military academy and some military establishment that would propagate static defence?

For the doctrines. They have that "Officer training method" subtechs and I'd need names...

I'm no help with most of these, but I reckon "L'Institut Valmy" would be a reasonable name for the French Syndicalist one - named after the famous victory of the Revolutionary forces in 1792.

Or possibly "L'Académie militaire Vercingètorix', named after the Gallic chieftain who led resistance to Julius Cesar...

heres some port scenes...idk how to make them into event image format. sorry. maybe i'll post more later...

1999PORT.jpg

mcgrew2.jpg

this could be like a visit from germany or something...

shanghai_port.jpg

this is a nice view...

lifeless said:
heres some port scenes...idk how to make them into event image format. sorry. maybe i'll post more later...

:D - Thank you - Can someone convert these into event pictures please?
(Not something I've worked out how to do properly yet!)

Last edited:
that's from the game WAR FRONT published by CDV (also released blitzkrieg, looks like this game plays like generals).

Not out yet, though.

lifeless said:
after scouring google, i found a possible communist politician for the legation cities

Chen Duxiu.

Thank you - I haven't actualy planned having a Communist faction in the Legation Cities, but am working out a lot of trade-union style activity both there, and potentially in the AlgOstAsien GmbH zone. So, he could possibly be a minister choice aligned with this.

I'm thinking that most of the Chinese collaborators with AlgOstAsien could probably be lifted from the Guangxi clique or Nationalist China ministers files (but still need a few German/European bosses!).

But - I still need some ministers for the Millenarians and Qing Empire - so, if anyone can locate some more peasant orientated early members of the Chinese Communist party (and related groups) for the former, and overt conservatives/reactionaries for the latter...?

Sarmatia1871 said:
Thank you - I haven't actualy planned having a Communist faction in the Legation Cities, but am working out a lot of trade-union style activity both there, and potentially in the AlgOstAsien GmbH zone. So, he could possibly be a minister choice aligned with this.

I'm thinking that most of the Chinese collaborators with AlgOstAsien could probably be lifted from the Guangxi clique or Nationalist China ministers files (but still need a few German/European bosses!).

But - I still need some ministers for the Millenarians and Qing Empire - so, if anyone can locate some more peasant orientated early members of the Chinese Communist party (and related groups) for the former, and overt conservatives/reactionaries for the latter...?

Well its back to school today, but since we will be finishing up watching the movie, I'll see what I can find for leaders and event pics . . .

you said you needed Bavarian leaders...

Franz Xaver Ritter von Epp

Otto von Lossow (died 1938)
lossow.jpg

Hans ritter von Seisser (head of State police and army colonel)
Seisser.jpg

Arnold Ritter von Möhl*
got a picture for Mohl here, i'll post it here later.

Friedrich Freiherr Kress von Kressenstein
Kressenstein.jpg

Adolf Ritter von Ruith

Ritter von Martini (old guard)
martini.jpg

Kronprinz Ruprecht von Bayern

Felix Graf von Bothmer (died 1937)
bothmer.jpg

Ritter Nikolaus von Endres (dies early 40's)

Erich Ludendorff (maybe he did live in Bavaria in the 20's,30's etc)

Oskar ritter von Xylander (died 1940)

Konrad Krafft von Dellmensingen (died 1953)
krafft.gif

Hermann Ritter von Lenz (died 1959)

NSDAPLeaders.jpg

from left to right:
Heinz Pernet, Friedrich Weber, Hermann Kriebel, Ernst Roehm, Robert Wagner
These are all possible leaders..i will try to find pictures for more of them...but there maybe some that won't have any.

Last edited:
Kaiser Franz said:
you said you needed Bavarian leaders...
Otto von Lossow (died 1938)
lossow.bmp

Hans ritter von Seisser
seisser.bmp

Arnold Ritter von Möhl*
mohl.bmp

Friedrich Freiherr Kress von Kressenstein
1870kress.bmp
1900kress.bmp

I found 2 Friedrich Kress von Kressensteins the older fought against Allenby and in Romania in WWI, the younger was a naval officer in WWII, both from Munich

Ritter von Martini (old guard)
martini.bmp

Kronprinz Ruprecht von Bayern
kp_rupprecht.bmp

Gustav von Kahr
vonkahr.bmp