• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hooray for a paranoid, national populist military junta led by General MacArthur! :rofl:

I prefer thinking of him as a benevolent ruler that conquered Canada, Mexico and the Carribean uniting North America to HELP the people.

In all 4 games I had as the US, I've always chosen MacArthur. God, I love that bloody general, even if he doesn't have any events for post-ACW.

what im sick of is electing reed or long and then getting an event that basically says: Oh, sorry. Now Macarthur is leader. Oh well.

Why can't I have Reed or Long lead the nation through its darkest hour?

Why not have the AUS and CSA breaking off be lead by different leaders, as long or reed are president. Reason for AUS or CSA forming is the people in group believe that reed or long have become soft and decide to break off themselves, without reed or longs approval.

Also, again. Is they're a way to stop the ACW from triggering? If so, what event would this be and what option? I really think like the RCW, their should be an option to appease the AUS and CSA. Why can russia stave off civil war but america can't? Also, seriously, why cant reed or long continue to be president? its so annoying!

what im sick of is electing reed or long and then getting an event that basically says: Oh, sorry. Now Macarthur is leader. Oh well.

Why can't I have Reed or Long lead the nation through its darkest hour?

Why not have the AUS and CSA breaking off be lead by different leaders, as long or reed are president. Reason for AUS or CSA forming is the people in group believe that reed or long have become soft and decide to break off themselves, without reed or longs approval.

Also, again. Is they're a way to stop the ACW from triggering? If so, what event would this be and what option? I really think like the RCW, their should be an option to appease the AUS and CSA. Why can russia stave off civil war but america can't? Also, seriously, why cant reed or long continue to be president? its so annoying!
Say Long or Reed is leader, if they act extreme they should be kicked out by MacArthur. If they act somewhat moderate, the opposite extremeists sould seceed (except with more territory) but the current radical President would still be President. Finally, if the extremist leader acts very moderate (relatively) no civil war, just still chaos.

Say Long or Reed is leader, if they act extreme they should be kicked out by MacArthur. If they act somewhat moderate, the opposite extremeists sould seceed (except with more territory) but the current radical President would still be President. Finally, if the extremist leader acts very moderate (relatively) no civil war, just still chaos.

exactly. I think that should be implemented in next release of this mod. For those players who want a syndicalist or National Populist in the White House.

I also think the United States should actually be able to build a army before civil war to squash revolts and prepare for the war. I've never been able to keep order prior to civil war breaking out unless I put MacArthur in power. Give the united states moderate economy slider settings, so that it can build stuff, make money, etc but still accurately represent the great depression era united states.

It is not an exploit, it is working as it is supposed to be. Based on his choices during the first years of his presidency, Long can remain President of the United States. Probably there are not events about this after the end of 1938, but after all this is such a low probability chain that is not worth working on. After all, the American Civil War is supposed to happen and is supposed to be hard to fight.

I also think the United States should actually be able to build a army before civil war to squash revolts and prepare for the war. I've never been able to keep order prior to civil war breaking out unless I put MacArthur in power. Give the united states moderate economy slider settings, so that it can build stuff, make money, etc but still accurately represent the great depression era united states.

It is possible. By march-april your dissent should be 0%, trade your oil and energy for supplies and you should have around 30IC - it's easy to spam enough divisions to win the war after few months at most.

At any rate the post-ACW events are lacking. It wouldn't help to spruce things up for the player, because in my experience the ACW will probably have finished up or fairly close to being so before the main war kicks off in Europe.

Personally I think that the possibility of avoiding the war should only be given to the two main candidates from the Democrats and Republicans. Reed and Long could possibly avoid war but I think it'd be dull in that regard. More focus should be given to making robust events and military leaders for the AUS and CSA rather than a possibility of a peacefully-led Syndicalist or America First administration.

I would also recommend some more events for Soviet Russia. It's still lacking in many regards and should be given an approach as a countering influence to the French-led Syndicalists possibly. I would also raise once again to use the DDR slot, currently used for the SPD, to be given to a united, Syndicalist Germany that would be useful for a soviet player or some other deviation from a CoF-led alliance.

Regarding the last suggestion about a single German Syndicalist state, we are currently discussing this idea. :)

I know. I just felt I should bring it up again :p

Personally I think that the possibility of avoiding the war should only be given to the two main candidates from the Democrats and Republicans. Reed and Long could possibly avoid war but I think it'd be dull in that regard. More focus should be given to making robust events and military leaders for the AUS and CSA rather than a possibility of a peacefully-led Syndicalist or America First administration.

It think it might make a bit more sense (although both are plausible, really) to have the ACW more easily avoidable for Reed and Long than for the Republicans or Democrats, in such a way that the USA can either survive through breaking the two-party system entirely, or a civil war.

I do think the ACW, as one of the most important series of events, should be virtually certain if the AI is in charge, but I think it makes more sense for it to be avoidable for radical parties than for the moderates, seeing as the entire point of the ACW is that the Democrats and Republicans have a very hard time dealing with the social issues at hand.

Ultimately though, it doesn't matter much, and it's up to the modders to decide if they implement either option.

One of the things that should be worked on is Japan, I think. I was pleasantly surprised at the new events for Russia in the latest version, but I don't see much having changed with Japan, unless I missed something major. The biggest issue I see is that there's an event that's supposed to get Sanzo Nosaka into office, but he and most of his cabinet never, ever appear for me. And generally, it just doesn't have that many events. It starts off a lot like Russia, but in the end, your only real choices for where to take the country is a nationalist dictatorship, or a more democratic system that's never really reflected through events, and doesn't have a really big impact on anything.

I admit I didn't play much as Japan in this version, since I pretty much stopped when I noticed no changes after a while, but I would like to know what's new with them and whether anything is being worked on for them.

It think it might make a bit more sense (although both are plausible, really) to have the ACW more easily avoidable for Reed and Long than for the Republicans or Democrats, in such a way that the USA can either survive through breaking the two-party system entirely, or a civil war.

I do think the ACW, as one of the most important series of events, should be virtually certain if the AI is in charge, but I think it makes more sense for it to be avoidable for radical parties than for the moderates, seeing as the entire point of the ACW is that the Democrats and Republicans have a very hard time dealing with the social issues at hand.

Ultimately though, it doesn't matter much, and it's up to the modders to decide if they implement either option.

One of the things that should be worked on is Japan, I think. I was pleasantly surprised at the new events for Russia in the latest version, but I don't see much having changed with Japan, unless I missed something major. The biggest issue I see is that there's an event that's supposed to get Sanzo Nosaka into office, but he and most of his cabinet never, ever appear for me. And generally, it just doesn't have that many events. It starts off a lot like Russia, but in the end, your only real choices for where to take the country is a nationalist dictatorship, or a more democratic system that's never really reflected through events, and doesn't have a really big impact on anything.

I admit I didn't play much as Japan in this version, since I pretty much stopped when I noticed no changes after a while, but I would like to know what's new with them and whether anything is being worked on for them.

RE:ACW - aww, but it's So FUN!

RE:Japan - nothing afaik, but I do agree with you.

What is all those German parties doing?
Something special with them?

Something was done RE:German elections, but I don't think it ever got finished. I'm not sure if they'll last too much longer.

Some reactions to previous posts:

On Japan: several Japanese events put the wrong ministers into power. The problem is known and being worked at.

On TAGs: don't expect any new nations anytime soon. We believe that there are too many eventless, deadweight nations already. If, and thats a big if,we would add new nations they would probably be syndie versions of existing nations. We will not add nonsensical natuions as a Hanseatic League (sorry Hax).

And how about fixing revolt.txt so that one coul release for example Italian Federation as a whole Italy, not only it's 1936 version... It's a pain in the ass to handle them southern provinces and even after that the unification events sometimes don't give them cores on the south.