• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've downloaded Kaiserreich (using the JGSME method) but it doesn't come up, it is on the Doomsday folder (since although I have Armageddon, I don't see its folder.) Am I doing something wrong?

I also realize that I have a bad time downloading mods...

put the mod in a folder called mod, then turn on with jsgme

Double post, I apologize:

I think its a stupid question, but every time I try to enable a mod through JGSME it stops responding. Should I be worried?

EDIT: I am worried now, when I click on DDArma, it appears that the files have changed to the point where even the Vanilla game is all messed up.

Last edited:
Yeah i don't use jgsme. jsut make numerous copies of your game and mod them. If you ahve the hard drive space that is.

I have too agree with this :)

I think its a stupid question, but every time I try to enable a mod through JGSME it stops responding. Should I be worried?

EDIT: I am worried now, when I click on DDArma, it appears that the files have changed to the point where even the Vanilla game is all messed up.
Give it a bit of time, my JGSME does that too. Just disable the mod (Or enable then disable it) to get it back to normal, then enable it and wait.

JSGME takes about 3-5 minutes on my PC which was made last year for under 400 quid (at the time about 850 US) - and it's operating onto an external drive. So don't worry if it takes awhile. It's because it backs up your files

A warning though - I have had my JSGME 'forget' I modded the game after I messed around with the directory structure, and so I don't use it any more.

at me it does too, dont do anything with and wait a while, read this forum or go drink some tea (or cola or lemonade). then after a while your mod is turned on and jsgme it will respond again.

if stop running jsgme while the mod is going turned on some files are on and some not. that is why your game is messed up. just turn the mod, play, turn mod off (just wait a while) and you can play vanilla again. just even when your pc says the program doesnt react (or whatever, dutch pc)dont do anything and let it, after a while the mod willbe on or off.
JSGME takes about 3-5 minutes on my PC which was made last year for under 400 quid (at the time about 850 US) - and it's operating onto an external drive. So don't worry if it takes awhile. It's because it backs up your files

A warning though - I have had my JSGME 'forget' I modded the game after I messed around with the directory structure, and so I don't use it any more.

dont mod a mod while it is on. first turn it off.

idk why erverybody has so much problems, at me it works fine.

too many copies makes your pc slow.

I've been using the Generic Mod Enabler for years and have never had an issue. Just allow the application time to do its thing. It only freezes temporarily because it is moving a TON of files. It's working, no worries :)

How do you figure?

well, a normal Hoi2 DDA takes about 800mb + the new mod you install it is about 1 GB. and computer dont have unlimited space. i have 1 TB pc and i think that there are more then 1000 mods mods so even then i cant play all mods (not that i want that, but for the idea:rolleyes:)

I've been using the Generic Mod Enabler for years and have never had an issue. Just allow the application time to do its thing. It only freezes temporarily because it is moving a TON of files. It's working, no worries :)

the same :)

I can't be arsed, and have 1 TB of space on my external drive. Solution - I do it my way. And I'm always tinkering, modding etc. So sod that.

(the key is really that I have a spare, huuuge drive I can just whammy stuff onto)

I can't be arsed, and have 1 TB of space on my external drive. Solution - I do it my way. And I'm always tinkering, modding etc. So sod that.

(the key is really that I have a spare, huuuge drive I can just whammy stuff onto)

look my post above ^

but now i go sleep.

Is the KR team using the new Valicator program?

Hi all. I am helping a guy with his mod. He is using the latest version of the Validator program and it comes up with lots of problems like bad commands, missing brackets, etc. even for vanilla Arma. This mod is very stable. I can play for years in game time without a crash. So I was wondering if you guys are using this program or not.
Thanks,
d :cool:

PS. Sorry that is Validator program.

I dont think they are, because inoticed of problems in some of the events.
Couple of which wouldnt trigger the validator also.

JR thanks for the quick answer, just wondering. Still trying to figure out how well it is working. Gives lots of errors even in vanilla. A lot of time to fix all of the errors. If it fixes a bunch of problems then it is more than worth it.
d:cool: