• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Some idea's I would like to push forward for more interest in Asia in KR.

When the Korean lobby events are shuffled around to Germany, Russia, and the Qing Empire. I wonder why Korea is immediately rushed into to war with Japan thus giving the state very little chance of survival on its own. My advice is why not have a situation like with the Gibraltar scenario? We know that once the territory is seized by the CNT/FAI Germany has the option to seize it and so does the Commune of France. Why not pull the similar option for Korea? Whoever the Korean Lobby receives assistance from should have the option to rush in troops to prevent total Japanese doom. Germany and Russia could certainly use a spring board to hold the Japanese at bay in the Pacific.

I'm not familiar with Korean History but how about the idea of a "Korean Legion" (like the Czech legion) which resides in one of the Central Asian countries? I.E., Korean soldiers who intervened under Japan during the Russian Civil War but stayed in Kazah.

As well I think we could have Kim IL Sung working in Bengal and if Bengal wins the Indian conflict (which it does a lot in my games), than Bengal and the Syndicalists can intervene in Korea.

Also back to Japan, it is pretty obvious that Japan is basically playing a vanilla story except for the decision of choosing the path towards democracy but that's about it. I think that the factions of the world should be focusing of the importance of Japan considering that they were the top power in the region. Germany should have events that try to make efforts to befriend Japan, even though it is most likely since Japan and Germany are enemies in this world that it is unlikely. The Entente should make efforts to pursue an alliance with the Japanese for a strong hold in the Pacific. The Internationale should have events to cause unrest and possibly coup the government. The Japanese could do their "vanilla" path, a path to the International, or a path towards the Entente.

Also for the Commune of France during the first Internationale in Paris, the French have the option of beginning to export Syndicalism to Latin America. I believe options to be included to export Syndicalism to Asia, the Middle East, or Africa. A rise in Syndicalism in areas other than just South America could cause the Germans a different view in their foreign policy.

I think the reason Japan follows the vanilla strategy because in RL it joined the Great War not out of democracy or friendship with the west but simply to land grab German's holdings in the Pacific.

That means they're either upset (and want to try again), or are afraid of Germany (and even might join them out of security... :rofl:) or simply abandon their Southern and Chinese interests and look towards expansion into Russia or alternatively into the Americas once it annexes Hawaii and then has the option of springboarding into Ecudor or something...

Japanese - Peruvian axis? Maybe Naoichi Fujimori (Alberto Fujimori's father) might become a Peruvian leader? :p

Another thing I'd like to mention, the picture of Wilhelm II in the loading screen and ingame looks horrible. I mean, there are 10x better pictures of him.

Drei_Kaiser_Bund.jpg

Or something like this? :D

Another thing I'd like to mention, the picture of Wilhelm II in the loading screen and ingame looks horrible. I mean, there are 10x better pictures of him.

I think it looks brilliant, as by 1936 that's what he actually looked like. It's a godsend that other people with different destinies in KR lack (finding pictures of Oswald Mosley wearing anything other than a black shirt between 1936 and 1945 is essentially impossible, for example).

I like it, altough the carriage (?) in the upper right looks a little strange.

I think its the statue (Quadrigia, with some sort of Prussian goddess of Victory) standing on the top of the Brandenburger Tor in Berlin, so its quite appropriate. :)

As for me the current photo is the best one possible. Wilhelm IS old because KR is set almost 20 years after the Weltkrieg and it's hard to believe the Kaiser would resist the unevitable flow of time. He proudly wears his uniform and has a sort of a grand-daddy look, sutiable for a "male Victoria", a father of new Europe (when I first read this on Kaiserpedia I simply :rofl:ed). All in all, would you put a WWI pic of Churchill in vanilla HoI2 only because he looked better then?

The problem is the banner, which is rather horrible. Also, photos in the background could be revised (for example, Alexei Romanov is out of the place). I suggest we either used Legolas' KR map, with Wilhelm II, Otto Habsburg, Edward VIII and some Syndie French chap in the corners, or made something like the "Wilhelm II with Germany in the background" picture, but with aged Willy instead of Welktrieg one.

yes but there are enough pictures of old Wilhelm, much better then the on in the loading screen.

wilhelm_ii_kaiser2.jpg
keizer-wilhelm-ii-kaiser-wilhelm-ii-huis-doorn.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-01280,_Kaiser_Wilhelm_II._mit_Sohn_und_Enkel.jpg

(3 Kaisers in a row)
doorn06.jpg
WIlhelm%20II.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-11383%2C_Doorn%2C_Kaiser_Wilhelm_II._mit_Gattin_und_Tochter.jpg
2619.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_136-C0804,_Kaiser_Wilhelm_II._im_Exil.jpg

you see enough, at least here has to be good.

Such an understatement. What does Australia have other than a single election event, a completely broken naval tech tree, et al?

if can add to this i am not aware of australia ever haveing a consevative party the only two major partys are labour (left wing) and liberal (right wing) and even then i dont get to pick 1 of the two in that one election (and the others are just confuseing)

and broken naval tec is a massive understatement under statment Australasia has only 4-6 tecs