• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Until now, the Script is Great, but there are some characters, Like Mackenzie King and Crerar that appear only as a filler.

That might work. But you need to add something to encourage the player of Finland as well. Adding IC and resources on the Kola peninsula, some in Far Karelia and other areas that would be fought over would help, and maybe adding a somewhat stronger starting military and somewhat more IC and resources for Finland to reflect a military-industrial and military buildup by the Lapua regime (the current setup for Finland in KR is approximately the same as in historical Finland, whose military had suffered severely from this man's defence policy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aimo_Cajander . It's not unfair to give all Nordic countries a large IC and resource boost actually, considering the surreal IC-situation (too high) in the former Austro-Hungarian Empire and Bulgaria for example, and some other parts of the KR world.

Personally I believe IC setup in KR is better than the vanilla one - more countries have 3 or 4 tech team slots, finally distincting minors (like Greece or Colombia) from regional powers like Bulgaria or Sweden. Plus countries with 40-60 base IC are capable of building something else than infantries and IC - HQs, reasonable airforce and navy. It's kinda frustrating to see all Axis minors working on infantry and cavalry because Germany is the only tank-producing country in the Axis.

As for Finland and Russian northern provinces - adding IC seems quite unrealistic, taking into consideration that cities like Norilsk, Vorkuta or other sub-Artcic settlements would not exist in KR timeline - they were Soviet projects and would be deemed pointless in White Russia. As for resources, I made some research and here are the results:

Kola Peninsula
Komi republic

So some rare materials and energy would seem most suitable. IMHO, the chain would be as follows:
1) Circa 1938 a couple of events fire, regarding accidental discovery of new resources - Russia would recieve small amounts of them, giving hopes for new findings later on
2) A flavour event would fire, with nationalists proposing creations of "Great Finland", stretching into Karelia and Komi
3) If Finland is right-winged, the government may annouce claims on Karelia and Komi
4) A congress may be held in Stockholm, Tallin or any other neutral Baltic city, with a compromise - Russia ceding Karelia and Finland withdrawing claims on Komi - being reached (somewhere around 20% chance).
5) War erupts, with peace event firing either if Finland conquers Petersburg or captures Murmansk and Arkhangels.

The alternative chain would be far simplier - yet another "civil war panic" effect, just like Primorsk getting Far East and Cossacks getting Tsaritsyn.

As for Finland and Russian northern provinces - adding IC seems quite unrealistic, taking into consideration that cities like Norilsk, Vorkuta or other sub-Artcic settlements would not exist in KR timeline - they were Soviet projects and would be deemed pointless in White Russia. As for resources, I made some research and here are the results:

Kola Peninsula
Komi republic

So some rare materials and energy would seem most suitable. IMHO, the chain would be as follows:
1) Circa 1938 a couple of events fire, regarding accidental discovery of new resources - Russia would recieve small amounts of them, giving hopes for new findings later on
2) A flavour event would fire, with nationalists proposing creations of "Great Finland", stretching into Karelia and Komi
3) If Finland is right-winged, the government may annouce claims on Karelia and Komi

The Lapua movement was all about Greater Finland and crushing leftism and the Swedish language. So there should be no limit on how mad the Finnish player should be allowed to be (in the KR world, the Mongolia of Europe).

For the newly conquered Kola peninsula and Far Karelia I think industrialization events and colonization efforts for Finland would make sense. Russia may have more profitable and accessible deposits for resources and focusing infrastructure projects in, Finland would only have these places as it's option. Railroad links and some initial efforts by Finnish entrepreneurs to establish industrial production (lumber and paper mills, possibly develop metal industries, establishing fisheries in the Arctic Sea...) would likely occur soon after the conquest. The fact that Russia would deem the region useless may be a reason to create a fair AI chance for Russia to hand over the territory peacefully, especially if Germany backs Finland.

Adding more rares for Petsamo is a must though. Deposits of approximately 5 million tons (and half as much copper as well I just found out) of nickel existed there according to geologists in 1934.

Will the next version use the colour pics?

No. The black and white simply provide more flavour.

Will the next map use E3 map or any other new map,becouse the old HoI map is boring and unrealistic :cool:

O and do you have a plan to implant new techtree ?

The game will keep using the old HoI2 map. The E3 map isn't suited for the 1930s and 40s, as it adds areas not relevant for this time in history.

The techtree has been reworked a bit already by Jedrek, and there are some plans to rework the naval techtree.

Amen. It's WW2 so B&W pics should be used.

The techtree has been reworked a bit already by Jedrek, and there are some plans to rework the naval techtree.

Behemoth trains used as tanks?! That would be so awesome. Also more focus on cavalry would be nice.

can you upload the black and whit pic then? i also use gip and now i have half colour and half black/white, and that is stupid. thanks!

are ou all also planning to make all the flags same style? now they are all different (in the version i use)

and do you have a map, like on the first page, but without the flags? i can make it like in my game.

Last edited:
can you upload the black and whit pic then? i also use gip and now i have half colour and half black/white, and that is stupid. thanks!

are ou all also planning to make all the flags same style? now they are all different (in the version i use)

and do you have a map, like on the first page, but without the flags? i can make it like in my game.

It is rather simple to change the pics GIP changed back. Simply plunder them of a vanilla installment. I cannot upload them for you, as I don't know which pics are changed by GIP.

[shameless plug]I made a map for the mod recently. Maybe this will help :) [/plug]

Still a fine looking map :D.

What would i have to do to get my mexico events included. Are they too unlikely? -Leon

Personally I think the events are unlikely, but we are a democratic bunch. Make your case at our forum here, to defend your case.
I do agree that Mexico needs some events, its just I think Mexico or the USA shouldn't get cores on eachothers land.

hi noticed something in the new beta (4). the psa conquered half of america and the rest was mostly controled by csa but then the psa joint the usa. it was an peace talk event allright but isnt it a bit unlikely that they join the usa when they are winning the war ?

Personally I believe IC setup in KR is better than the vanilla one - more countries have 3 or 4 tech team slots, finally distincting minors (like Greece or Colombia) from regional powers like Bulgaria or Sweden. Plus countries with 40-60 base IC are capable of building something else than infantries and IC - HQs, reasonable airforce and navy. It's kinda frustrating to see all Axis minors working on infantry and cavalry because Germany is the only tank-producing country in the Axis.

Kola Peninsula
Komi republic

4) A congress may be held in Stockholm, Tallin or any other neutral Baltic city, with a compromise - Russia ceding Karelia and Finland withdrawing claims on Komi - being reached (somewhere around 20% chance).
5) War erupts, with peace event firing either if Finland conquers Petersburg or captures Murmansk and Arkhangels.

The alternative chain would be far simplier - yet another "civil war panic" effect, just like Primorsk getting Far East and Cossacks getting Tsaritsyn.

The Lapua movement was all about Greater Finland and crushing leftism and the Swedish language. So there should be no limit on how mad the Finnish player should be allowed to be (in the KR world, the Mongolia of Europe).

For the newly conquered Kola peninsula and Far Karelia I think industrialization events and colonization efforts for Finland would make sense. Russia may have more profitable and accessible deposits for resources and focusing infrastructure projects in, Finland would only have these places as it's option. Railroad links and some initial efforts by Finnish entrepreneurs to establish industrial production (lumber and paper mills, possibly develop metal industries, establishing fisheries in the Arctic Sea...) would likely occur soon after the conquest. The fact that Russia would deem the region useless may be a reason to create a fair AI chance for Russia to hand over the territory peacefully, especially if Germany backs Finland.

Adding more rares for Petsamo is a must though. Deposits of approximately 5 million tons (and half as much copper as well I just found out) of nickel existed there according to geologists in 1934.

Quoting conversation by me and Jedrek to ensure it doesn't go unnoticed.