• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
KMS Wotan

{in the voice of Syndrome from the Incredibles}

"Its bigger! Its Badder!! Its too much for the navies of the world!

Its the Woooooooooooooooooootaaaaaaaaaaaaaan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Its also too big to post as an image so CLICK HERE

and it looks like crap even in a 1280x1024 web page so make sure you view it in Paint Shop or PhotoShop . . .

T-hiddemen said:
{in the voice of Syndrome from the Incredibles}

"Its bigger! Its Badder!! Its too much for the navies of the world!

Its the Woooooooooooooooooootaaaaaaaaaaaaaan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Its also too big to post as an image so CLICK HERE

and it looks like crap even in a 1280x1024 web page so make sure you view it in Paint Shop or PhotoShop . . .

sweet Jesus thats gorgeous!!!!! :eek:

Ayeshteni

Ayeshteni said:
sweet Jesus thats gorgeous!!!!! :eek:

Ayeshteni

Well I must admit that most of the work came from kbismark.com. . .

but I added 12.6 meters in length, probably 15,000-20,0000 tons displacement, upped the guns from 15" to 18" and changed 2 of the 2 gun turrets to 4 gunners, added an additional 2 gun turret on the bow, added 2 15cm double turrets aft, and a few aa batteries. I added a stack, some superstructure and rearranged some masts, aerials and df gear, plus added the float planes and converted them from old biplanes to the 109s

maybe if Sarmy likes it he will let me work on Panzerzeppelins . . . :rofl:

Seylanov said:
There are thousands of these photos.
The ones not touched up are also in color, but far less impressive.

I just checked out the Prokudin-Gorskii online exhibit at the Library of Congress site and both the photos and the process are amazing! Looking at the 84 year old sluice gate keeper was eerie. Here's a guy who was born in 1823 and its like looking at a picture taken yesterday with a digital camera. . . .

If you are interested
http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/empire/

Sorry to be off topic Sarmy , , ,

T-hiddemen said:
Well I must admit that most of the work came from kbismark.com. . .

but I added 12.6 meters in length, probably 15,000-20,0000 tons displacement, upped the guns from 15" to 18" and changed 2 of the 2 gun turrets to 4 gunners, added an additional 2 gun turret on the bow, added 2 15cm double turrets aft, and a few aa batteries. I added a stack, some superstructure and rearranged some masts, aerials and df gear, plus added the float planes and converted them from old biplanes to the 109s

maybe if Sarmy likes it he will let me work on Panzerzeppelins . . . :rofl:

:D Very nice - And the Panzerzeppelins are an even neccessity for modern warfare!

:D Hehehe! Why not include Zeppelins that can transport planes! Oh and there is a very good site about a book (sadly in German, but if you want I can translate it! I've also got the book! :D ), that describes the world in which there was no WWI. Really intresting! So there are Air Craft Carrier Zepplins and two intresting new planes. http://kaisertag.oliverhenkel.com/
Hope you like it!

Zauberfloete said:
:D Hehehe! Why not include Zeppelins that can transport planes! Oh and there is a very good site about a book (sadly in German, but if you want I can translate it! I've also got the book! :D ), that describes the world in which there was no WWI. Really intresting! So there are Air Craft Carrier Zepplins and two intresting new planes. http://kaisertag.oliverhenkel.com/
Hope you like it!

:rofl: - Possibly one of the best sites I've seen all year!
(Would a 300m aluminium 'Trägerzeppelin' actually be technologically feasible?)

We need to include both of these:

018.jpg
032.jpg

And I think I'll have to put in some 'Sonderbrigade events/troops....!

Sarmatia1871 said:
:rofl: - Possibly one of the best sites I've seen all year!
(Would a 300m aluminium 'Trägerzeppelin' actually be technologically feasible?)

We need to include both of these:

018.jpg
032.jpg

And I think I'll have to put in some 'Sonderbrigade events/troops....!

Didn´t the US have Airships that carried fighters (4 if Irember correctly)?

arc3371 said:
Didn´t the US have Airships that carried fighters (4 if Irember correctly)?

So they did! Here's one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Akron

It doesn't seem to have been a very successul design though - but were R&D to be funded by eccentric Princes with too much time and money on their hands, rather than a pragmatic military establishment, who knows what could be the result!

A bout of illness recently has prevented me getting those Canada events sorted ( :( ) but I'm starting to get to work on them now.

Anyway, I've been looking at what territorial demands Canada could make of the US in return for supplying aid in the civil war. Alaska seemed like an option. However upon checking the Alaskan provinces I found that they were almost worthless, supplying no raw materials or IC and very little manpower. Hence Canada would gain little from demanding them.

Then it occured to me that there was oil in Alaska, though it wasn't found untill 1968. Thus I wondered whether it'd be possible to have oil found earlier than that, say in the late 30's/early 40's? Possibly as a result of new explorations triggered by Canadian occupation.

As this change is rather significant I thought I'd ask on the forums first before actually coding the events. So, opinions are welcome.

By the way, discovery of oil in Alaska could lead to the USA demanding its territory back if it had recovered by then, and could also lead to Russia reasserting its old claims to the region, resulting in yet another world tension spot.

Lastly, I have thought of other egions to be used instead of Alaska, most notably the three provinces around and including Detroit (ids 616, 617, 618) in case that makes any difference.

Timotheos said:
A bout of illness recently has prevented me getting those Canada events sorted ( :( ) but I'm starting to get to work on them now.

Anyway, I've been looking at what territorial demands Canada could make of the US in return for supplying aid in the civil war. Alaska seemed like an option. However upon checking the Alaskan provinces I found that they were almost worthless, supplying no raw materials or IC and very little manpower. Hence Canada would gain little from demanding them.

Then it occured to me that there was oil in Alaska, though it wasn't found untill 1968. Thus I wondered whether it'd be possible to have oil found earlier than that, say in the late 30's/early 40's? Possibly as a result of new explorations triggered by Canadian occupation.

As this change is rather significant I thought I'd ask on the forums first before actually coding the events. So, opinions are welcome.

By the way, discovery of oil in Alaska could lead to the USA demanding its territory back if it had recovered by then, and could also lead to Russia reasserting its old claims to the region, resulting in yet another world tension spot.

Lastly, I have thought of other egions to be used instead of Alaska, most notably the three provinces around and including Detroit (ids 616, 617, 618) in case that makes any difference.

Well, with the big alterations in province distribution, I think the world needs more resources generally - so putting some oil in Alaska should be good from a gameplay perspective (and shouldn't the Dutch East Indies get more resources anyway as well??).

Also, letting Canada take Alaska would mean that the Alaskan VP wouldn't be under US control, so it would be easier to annex (which is probably a good thing!).

CCurio said:
Actually, I was wondering if somebody could fins me some pics possibly usable as techpics? Masses of ragged, vaguelyy commie looking infantry, germans soldiers using flamethrowers, infantyr with tanks etc...?

For ragged commie looking infantry, the best sites tend to be ones with photos of the Spanish Civil War - I'll see if I can find any...