• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now I wonder if there are any events for the occupation of Canada by the Combined Syndicates?

Yes, there are. Fist of all, when the CSA starts occupying important Canadian provinces the King has the opportunity to flee the country. When (almost) every Canadian provinces with VPs is under your control, Canada should capitulate and you will have the opportunity to create a puppet Canada and/or a puppet Quebec. If you are allied with the Commune of France, they may be interested in Quebec.

Yes, there are. Fist of all, when the CSA starts occupying important Canadian provinces the King has the opportunity to flee the country. When (almost) every Canadian provinces with VPs is under your control, Canada should capitulate and you will have the opportunity to create a puppet Canada and/or a puppet Quebec. If you are allied with the Commune of France, they may be interested in Quebec.

The king escaping I have encountered. Bloody coward. =) Where in the files can I find the events? Is there any penalty to just annex Canada yourself and then release Québec and Canada?

Last edited:
If the event would not work. You will have to excuse me, but I am a bit wary of the events at the moment :p

Works as a charm! Although I had to restart when I noticed that all of my army was converted to Canadian and Québecois. Bah. :p

How do I replace the Royal Canadian flag with the Syndicalist one? And is it possible to change the now united republic of Sicilys name to the Republic of Italy following their conquest of Italy?

I never thanked you for the help, btw. Thank you!

world_names.csv in config for the Italy question.

IIRC the Syndi canada flag is floating about out there somewhere, download and replace it like you would any flag

Yes, but how would I replace any flag? I have not done this before. I found the flag, but I don't know how to replace the canadian one.

And does these solutions only affect the save game?

I got a idea when I was playing as Sweden in KR.
Why not make a event of a Sami People uprising in north Finland, Norway or/and Sweden.
There is possible % of making the event appear.
That should be funny as those countrys don't have so much wars.

Flag:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Sami_flag.svg/800px-Sami_flag.svg.png

Location of the people:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/57/LocationSapmi.png

Note that they don't need to control all that land, but they could have cores on it.

What do you think? :D

Works as a charm! Although I had to restart when I noticed that all of my army was converted to Canadian and Québecois. Bah. :p
Thanks for reporting this bug, I will correct it for next version.

How do I replace the Royal Canadian flag with the Syndicalist one?
Rename gfx\palette\counter_can.bmp to counter_can_old.bmp and then rename gfx\palette\counter_CAN_SYND.bmp to counter_can.bmp.
Rename gfx\map\flags\flag_CAN.bmp to flag_CAN_old.bmp and then rename gfx\map\flags\flag_CAN_SYND.bmp to flag_CAN.bmp.
Rename gfx\map\shields\shield_CAN.bmp to shield_CAN_old.bmp and then rename gfx\map\shields\shield_CAN_SYND.bmp to shield_CAN.bmp.
Please note that this will have effect not only in the savegame but in each new game, so if you want to go back to Royalist Canada you will have to revert these changes.

I got a idea when I was playing as Sweden in KR.
Why not make a event of a Sami People uprising in north Finland, Norway or/and Sweden.
There is possible % of making the event appear.
That should be funny as those countrys don't have so much wars.

Flag:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Sami_flag.svg/800px-Sami_flag.svg.png

Location of the people:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/57/LocationSapmi.png

Note that they don't need to control all that land, but they could have cores on it.

What do you think? :D

No, there are no things in KR that makes the sami people more or less anry at the Swedish / Finish government, so it just seems like something to fill the game with.

I don't think this is wrong per se, after having looked at the files. But the description in the Austrian Ausgleich events after the Hungarians refuse integration seem to imply that Austria will fight, but there is no war, neither in the war, nor in the files. Is this as it should be?

Edit: Never mind, I looked a bit closer and saw the chain of events.

Is it possible to centralize later? When one has grown stronger?

Last edited:
I don't think this is wrong per se, after having looked at the files. But the description in the Austrian Ausgleich events after the Hungarians refuse integration seem to imply that Austria will fight, but there is no war, neither in the war, nor in the files. Is this as it should be?

Edit: Never mind, I looked a bit closer and saw the chain of events.

Is it possible to centralize later? When one has grown stronger?

No but people have been talking about making an Ausgleich 1947 and 57 too (Only Austria and Hungary still are friends)

Just a quick update . . .

The first beta of v1.2 has been posted in the KR forums, located here. Anyone who wants to help testing v1.2 is more than welcome to! ;) There will be further betas released that incorporate additional material & bug fixes (both pre-existing & those discovered by testers). Right now there is no timeline regarding a final v1.2 release, but progress is being made. :)