• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like it :eek:

Hm, I don't think that is a good idea. The Germans aren't stupid, they'd certainly let the French state have a French name! Besides, it look wierd alongside all the Anglophone countrynames.

Is Mittelafrika Anglophone as well?

Hm, I don't think that is a good idea. The Germans aren't stupid, they'd certainly let the French state have a French name! Besides, it look wierd alongside all the Anglophone countrynames.

Some German puppets have Germanised names as Vaximilian already mentioned. Mittelafrika and AlgOstAsien for example. On the other hand, maybe this French state shouldn't have German name because the proud French population wouldn't like it to much. The only thing which bothers me with this French puppet is that it's so generic. What exactly means this ''France''? We have Commune of France and National France, but German puppet is named just ''France''. There could be something connected with Charlamagne maybe? Some kind of cloned Frankish Empire, which had many Germanic elements. There are Brittany, Normandy and Occitania also possible to release after conquests of France and those countries are known from Middle Ages. Germans like old tradition and they could make some kind of this France too.

After all, decision is for modding team. There's nothing more to do as only flag/shield replacing and changing name. Small cosmetic change, literally.

By the way, here's another proposion for team. I know this is so easy that everyone can change this himself, but it would get more weight if team would decide for this option.

What about renaming Germany into German Empire? This nation is meant only as empire. This would mean also Communist and Republican minister cabinets could be removed and used for other German states. German Empire cannot get communist or republican since the flag would have to be changed with political changes. France could also have an option to release united German state if it's victorious, something like DDR, if player wouldn't like to split Germany between Bavaria, Prussia and Rheinland.

Just few suggestions, KR team has probably more important work to do now, but if you like ideas, you can use them.

What about Frankreich? This would fit the policy for Germanophone Mitteleuropean puppets, as well as German continent names (anyone else noticed this?), reflecting German world dominance. Splintering France also sounds nice, but we shouldn't go too far - Occitania seems a bit far-fetched, IMHO.

My proposition: northern parts (Dunkerque, Calais, Lille) could be given to Flandren-Wallonia, Brittany could be released as a puppet (perhapse some francophone could research into local departments' governments of the time?). Central France (Paris, Loire Valley, Normadie) could become a German puppet. Parts of South-East could be given to Italian Federation (are there any parts of historical Savoy beyond Grenoble and Nice that are not a part of the IF?), while the French part of the Basque State could be given to Spain (either royalist or Carlist ones).

What about Frankreich? This would fit the policy for Germanophone Mitteleuropean puppets, as well as German continent names (anyone else noticed this?), reflecting German world dominance.

Why not Frankstaat? 'Reich' means 'empire', and there's only one empire - the German! And 'Staat' means just 'state', which gives 'state of Franks', or, if you prefer, 'French State'.

Reporting a logic bug:

As germany, I chose to ally with the qing while they were at war with shanting qingdao (or however it's spelled). Then Pu-Yi gave a speech and japan declared war on him, before I was given a chance to break my ties with him. This could be easily fixed by having germany's response to the speech take place one day before japan's.

Is there any kind of ETA for the conversion to an AoD-compatible mod? Will it have to wait for the next version of Kaiserreich?

I just got AoD and I'm sorely missing Kaiserreich. =(

There is no ETA for a AOD Kaiserreich. I almost think noone is working on a AOD version.

Why not Frankstaat? 'Reich' means 'empire', and there's only one empire - the German! And 'Staat' means just 'state', which gives 'state of Franks', or, if you prefer, 'French State'.

Yeah, I was surprised too when I first saw this ;) Alternatively, I guess Kaisermuffin hit the jackpot - a subtle allusion to Charle... Karl der Grosse, I mean without too much historical equilibristics. :)

Last edited:
Funny you should mention AOD compatibility...After 5 hours of work last night, I made an AOD patch for Kaiserreich. It's not pretty, but it should work.

INSTRUCTIONS:

Delete Kaiserreich's Doomsdaytext.csv.

This makes sure that the AOD Doomsdaytext.csv file is being used. This will clear up any "unknown string wanted errors."

Replace your Kaiserreich leaders folder with this one: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0b025c/n/leaders.7z

If the above does not work, back up your AOD vanilla leaders folder, and clear it out.

Last edited:
There is a problem with events leading to the Ethiopian civil war. There is an event "Cattle Dispute" and then "Cattle War". Quite often I see Ethiopia siding with the farmers in the first event, but then they side against them (can't remember if it's aristocrats or something else) in the second one.

Reich is not empire. Reich is more like the equivalent of "Realm".

That article won't prove anyone right or wrong on this matter. What I mean is that reich certainly doesn't have to mean empire.

Yes, but it may mean. Even if it means only 'realm', the word 'realm' is a bit higher in the hierarchy than 'state'. That's really MHO, it just sounds like that to me.

There is a problem with events leading to the Ethiopian civil war. There is an event "Cattle Dispute" and then "Cattle War". Quite often I see Ethiopia siding with the farmers in the first event, but then they side against them (can't remember if it's aristocrats or something else) in the second one.
Ethiopia gets a last chance to pull out before SOM appears :D