• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is an engine problem, not a mod problem - when a country's tag changes, all its research freezes. You can only avoid that by cancelling all research before changing the tag, or by subsequently making some edits in the savegame file (I don't know the details of such edits though).

Delete all tech teams, and cancel all research progress in the save game :D

Last edited:
I'll give you a sample from the discussion with my partner (whom I've let off the hook)

Hobbs - *numbers says (11:50 PM):
right
its not working, even when I JSGME KR in
Time to face the music, it's a different game.

So yeah... KR? Maybe. Some point... but theres no quick fix, and I don't have the time to rebuild from ground up.

AFAIK, KR should be completely compatible with AoD. Just pop it in using JSGME. Of course, AoD offers a whole range of possibilities for the further development of the mod and I see no reason why KR shouldn't be upgraded and fine-tuned for AoD.

I've seen somebody try this. It crashes while reading scenario. All this talk about full compatibility was false marketing.

Yes, Kaiserreich is compatible only with Armageddon 1.2-1.3b!

############
### How do I install Kaiserreich - Two Options!
############

A. Download JSGME and put it in your Armageddon folder. Then create a folder called MODS in your Armageddon folder and extract the Kaiserreich mod folder in the MODS-folder. Then open JSGME and the Kaiserreich mod should be visible in the white box on the left. Activate it using the arrow-button in the middle. Activation might take some time.

B. Extract your files into the Doomsday directory and voila you can play it! Please notice that by doing so you will overwrite all the vanilla files, so you have to reinstall it again. A better way is to firstly install Doomsday in a new directory say C:\Program Files\Kaiserreich and then extract Kaiserreich into it!

############
### A. Steps on Installation of Kaiserreich - Direct Extraction Option
############

1. Make a clean install of Hearts of Iron ARMA Version 1.2 or 1.3
You should now change the descriptions. Since this for 1.3b only now...

Another issue-

France and the Internationale go to war against Mitteleuropa as usual. During the course of the war, Imperial Russia joins the fray and allies with Germany to join Mitteleuropa.

The Syndies are blasting their way through, with the Germans holed up at the Baltic States. The bitter peace with Russia fires off, but the peace applies to all members of Mitteleuropa, not just Russia, so the war virtually stopped.

Load up. Hit production. Go to divisions. Look at the image for 1918 inf. ;)

A picture of an immobile heavy tank? And then when you click something else and re-click it turns into a normal 1918 inf picture? Why?

First, Thank you for making this 'mod'.

I am unsure if this has already been answered; if so please direct me to the found solution.
I played a game as Canada and successfully liberated the UK, I wished to continue my game playing as them. However as I start my reconstruction of the RN I notice that i have no naval leaders!

Is there anyway to resolve this?

Regards
Sobhuza

Ok i download this mod, its really great with the attention to detail with the events and i as i was playing USA during the civil war, Germany for some insane reason decides to DOW the PSA , Pacific states of america, and then invade the west coast and when i annex the PSA , germany recives everything from seattle to los angeles:confused:, so i was wondering in the next version, please add a "return of occupied provinces" for every nation in the world so it dosent mess itself up...

First, Thank you for making this 'mod'.

I am unsure if this has already been answered; if so please direct me to the found solution.
I played a game as Canada and successfully liberated the UK, I wished to continue my game playing as them. However as I start my reconstruction of the RN I notice that i have no naval leaders!

Is there anyway to resolve this?

Regards
Sobhuza

What version are you using? IIRC, there was a bug in an older version that meant a liberated UK had no leaders.

What version are you using? IIRC, there was a bug in an older version that meant a liberated UK had no leaders.

Thanks for your reply;
I'm currently using version 1.1 of 'Kaiserreich', is there a more recent one available?

Regards
Sobhuza