• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What do options ''take Dualism'' or ''take Federalism'' change in Austria? Does Austria absorb all puppets? In current KR version, Federalism means even more puppets and Dualism means status quo. I was not pleased with situation like this as it is not very precise in legal terms. Federation is union of entities that have no sovergnity. States of USA are not represented as puppets. Puppets have internal independence, but they have only external quasi-independence. Confederations can be represented as unions of puppets in Hoi2 terms. Austria-Hungary is some kind of confederation in KR mod. Dualism is type of federation too. If you chose Danubian federation or revival of Austria-Hungary, all puppets must be anexed in empire.

Here are some of the more infamous double generals and leaders, including some suggestions of my own:

Canada - UoB
Auchinleck - UoB (leader) and Canada (leader and techteam). Suggest Canada

US Civil war
LeMay - AUS (minister and leader) and USA (leader). Suggest AUS
Marshall - CSA (leader and minister) and USA (leader and minister). Suggest USA
Halsey - AUS and USA. Suggest AUS.
Arnold - PSA (HoS) and USA (leader) suggest PSA
Stillwell - PSA and USA. Suggest PSA
Hyman Rickover- AUS (techteam) and CSA (minister). Suggest AUS.

Perhaps defect event (sleep USA) for Arnold, Stillwell, Halsey and LeMay?
Perhaps removing Roosevelt (he is assasinated in Kaiserreich?)

Italian Federation - Sicily
Graziani - leader in both. Suggest Sicily

India
MGH Barker - Delhi and Canada. Suggest Delhi
Dyer - Delhi, has been dead for decades. Remove?
Wavell - is Delhi minister, not leader. Add him as leader?

Germany
Hitler, Goering etc. Delete?

Russia
High ranking bolsheviks Tuchanevski and Blücher still available for Russia. Delete?
Vlasov - Ukraine (leader) and Russia (meader/minister). Suggest Russia.
Many Russian leaders with same names. Not sure if all of them are doubles.

What do options ''take Dualism'' or ''take Federalism'' change in Austria? Does Austria absorb all puppets? In current KR version, Federalism means even more puppets and Dualism means status quo. I was not pleased with situation like this as it is not very precise in legal terms. Federation is union of entities that have no sovergnity. States of USA are not represented as puppets. Puppets have internal independence, but they have only external quasi-independence. Confederations can be represented as unions of puppets in Hoi2 terms. Austria-Hungary is some kind of confederation in KR mod. Dualism is type of federation too. If you chose Danubian federation or revival of Austria-Hungary, all puppets must be anexed in empire.

Yup it is an event for after Austria (only Austria for now) sucessfully centralize either through war or event. Federation takes you down the road of sort of United States of Austro-Hungary, while Dualism takes you back to status of 1914.

Nevertheless to successfully work it out Austria must control all of Bohemia and Hungary and even then the chance of it to succeed is still not guaranteed.

What I've done is essentially to make the sometimes chaotic aftermath of the Ausgleich more smoothly. Either way the paths to this event for the AI is very low... But for the Austria-Player it can make the aftermath more fun!

How would you best advise Austria to fully unify? Build infantry/militia, click "centralize" and wait for the inevitable conflagration? :D

Yup it is an event for after Austria (only Austria for now) sucessfully centralize either through war or event. Federation takes you down the road of sort of United States of Austro-Hungary, while Dualism takes you back to status of 1914.

Nevertheless to successfully work it out Austria must control all of Bohemia and Hungary and even then the chance of it to succeed is still not guaranteed.

What I've done is essentially to make the sometimes chaotic aftermath of the Ausgleich more smoothly. Either way the paths to this event for the AI is very low... But for the Austria-Player it can make the aftermath more fun!

Good to hear that, altough I don't know how would United States of Austria look like in game. Single state with no puppets(except Italian Federation)? In terms of gameplay, Dual Monarchy, Federation or centralised Empire would look just the same... United States are one nation, Texas is not puppet of USA for example...

How would you best advise Austria to fully unify? Build infantry/militia, click "centralize" and wait for the inevitable conflagration? :D

Good to hear that, altough I don't know how would United States of Austria look like in game. Single state with no puppets(except Italian Federation)? In terms of gameplay, Dual Monarchy, Federation or centralised Empire would look just the same... United States are one nation, Texas is not puppet of USA for example...

Aye you must be lucky indeed to have a smooth centralization! So fight you must. And yes the name is more of a flavour to it though I made some minor events for both paths and also Dual Monarchy only has Austrian and Hungarian Ministers and the Federation almost all. The Federation path is more or less bit more democratic than Dual Monarchy.

But the beginning will always be the same, since I think Sarmatia wanted more flavour to the AH situation and also to make the game more intresting - ie. the fragmantation of Austro-Hungary should represent the near independence of the respective regions.

Note: I am through the aftermath of Austrian centralisation event path. So here is the list I have done sofar:

Done so far:
War Reparation events for GER defeat of FRA
War Reparation events for GER defeat of ENG
War Reparation events for FRA defeat of GER
Gearing up for War events GER
Revised German Flavour Dissent hits
Double German Ministers
Graphics for Minors - ARG, BRA, BUL, EGY, NZL
Post-War Flandern-Wallonien event (Leopold is no longer be the default King)
Mittelafrika goes Syndie event fixed
Austria Centralization Aftermath events - Dual Monarchy, Centralized Federation
Set up events for both Dual Monarchy and Federation
Several new Minister pics
Several new event_pics
fixed the counters for France (U08) and England (U07)
fixed Torun core province bug
Revised the Arabian Revolt to Great Arabian Revolt
Kurdish Uprising

Still to do:
Double ministers, leaders
Graphics for SAF, SWE, TRA, FIN, HUN, POL, ROM, SPA, SPR, AST, CHI, ITA, SOV
Dissent slider bug in production screen (anyone who can find it get a real Kaiserreich cookie, I have spent frustrating hours on fixing it)

Maybe I will do this:
Union of Syndicalist Africa events (a revised Mittelafrika goes Syndie event path)
Gearing up for war Canada
Events for minors - Siam, Persia etc.

Thanks for great explanation, Zauberfloete. As for Syndicalist Mittelafrika, wouldn't be better to make Union of Africa as revolter? There could be even civil war then. If Mittelafrika goes Syndie, German name and flag will still stay the same. Or can those things be changed via event?

What about if Hungary wins the war?

Tell you the truth, I haven't really thought about it!

Some events about dealing with Croatia, Galizien etc? Maybe a new Austro-Hungarian empire from Budapest instead of Vienna.

And will I get myself the alternative Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?

So far it's only possible for Lithuania to inherit Poland, while there should be a possibility for Poland to inherit Lithuania. They were the ones leading the original one after all. I know it's not important, but... it irks me to see Lithuania in Cracow or Lvov.

And if Hungary wins, it might want to go and take all of Romania for itself.

Just some ideas here. How about with a Hungarian victory they receive a event to pick their future setup just like Austria.

-The first option is to release a non-aligned, but Hungary friendly Austria and Bohemia that are not puppets (as Germany would probably be really ticked off if German people are under foreign domination). With this choice, a new event would then pop up asking what to do with all the other old puppets of Austria (puppet them? absorb them?). This would perhaps be the default AI choice.

-The second choice would be a grand deal with Germany. Germany could absorb Austria and Bohemia (probably with a dissent hit for the incoming Czechs and maybe some IC reductions in Bohemia), while Hungary would out-in-out annex Croatia, Bosnia and Galizaien, enter Germany's alliance (with maybe a German prince coming to the thrown of the newly victorious Hungary), and demand the remaining lands of Romania.

-The third choice is a "damn them all" where a new Danubian empire is created out of the victorious Hungary but at the expense of sever diplomatic troubles with Germany, Romania and Serbia. Diplomatic chaos ensues...

As for the question of a revolutionary African state, I believe Asalto is correct to suggest that it be a revolter. I'm wondering now if everyone uses Armageddon? If so you could easily edit the files for the UAP to make it workable in Kaiserreich. Thats what I've done myself for my personal games. I left the generals as is, messed around with the ministers (added some pan-Africanists and revolutionary African Americans), changed the name to African People's Republic (it could be whatever though), fixed up the cores to include all of Africa, and set its capital as Dakar (for when I beat out the French Nationalists. It could of course be anywhere however). If Armageddon is the main game edition we'll all be playing on, then thought should be given to including the New Nations Mod more completely and in adding some new and perhaps vital revolters (revolutionary Canada and the return of Uruguay for example).

Thats my two cents for the day. Questions, comments, concerns?

And will I get myself the alternative Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?

So far it's only possible for Lithuania to inherit Poland, while there should be a possibility for Poland to inherit Lithuania. They were the ones leading the original one after all. I know it's not important, but... it irks me to see Lithuania in Cracow or Lvov.

And if Hungary wins, it might want to go and take all of Romania for itself.

Just some ideas here. How about with a Hungarian victory they receive a event to pick their future setup just like Austria.

-The first option is to release a non-aligned, but Hungary friendly Austria and Bohemia that are not puppets (as Germany would probably be really ticked off if German people are under foreign domination). With this choice, a new event would then pop up asking what to do with all the other old puppets of Austria (puppet them? absorb them?). This would perhaps be the default AI choice.

-The second choice would be a grand deal with Germany. Germany could absorb Austria and Bohemia (probably with a dissent hit for the incoming Czechs and maybe some IC reductions in Bohemia), while Hungary would out-in-out annex Croatia, Bosnia and Galizaien, enter Germany's alliance (with maybe a German prince coming to the thrown of the newly victorious Hungary), and demand the remaining lands of Romania.

-The third choice is a "damn them all" where a new Danubian empire is created out of the victorious Hungary but at the expense of sever diplomatic troubles with Germany, Romania and Serbia. Diplomatic chaos ensues...

As for the question of a revolutionary African state, I believe Asalto is correct to suggest that it be a revolter. I'm wondering now if everyone uses Armageddon? If so you could easily edit the files for the UAP to make it workable in Kaiserreich. Thats what I've done myself for my personal games. I left the generals as is, messed around with the ministers (added some pan-Africanists and revolutionary African Americans), changed the name to African People's Republic (it could be whatever though), fixed up the cores to include all of Africa, and set its capital as Dakar (for when I beat out the French Nationalists. It could of course be anywhere however). If Armageddon is the main game edition we'll all be playing on, then thought should be given to including the New Nations Mod more completely and in adding some new and perhaps vital revolters (revolutionary Canada and the return of Uruguay for example).

Thats my two cents for the day. Questions, comments, concerns?

On the Polish-Lithuanian-Commonwealth I have to look into the files first. As far as I can remember a member has already done the event chain, but it was well buggy so I have put it on the side for now.

On Hungary your options, Trot seems very fine to me. So maybe I have to test the event chain for HUN first!

And yes the next version will be ARMA only, since I've use more userdefined countries than in DD! So yes UPA will be a revolter.

not appearing on JGSME box

hey i kinda have a problem it's not appearing on the JGSME box.

i did it as exactly, placed the JGSME RAR file inside the Armageddon folder, made a new folder named MODS inside this same Armageddon folder, and extracted the Kaiserreich folder into the MODS folder. but when i run JGSME, the box appears but it's blank :(

I really wana try this mod though, so i hope anyone could help

Here are some of the more infamous double generals and leaders, including some suggestions of my own:

Don't forget Franco Bahamonde, I saw him in both the Kingdom of Spain and the Syndicalists. He's probably with the carlists, too.

And I think I saw Böhm-Ermoli as an Austrian minister... He died in the early 40s.

A couple of questions:

1. I downloaded the Kaiserreich 1.0 and noticed that it does not seem to contain the events for Lithuania that were in the beta versions. Is there a particular reason for that?
2. The event no. 9000813 (USA forced to release Puerto Rico after a compromise government after the election is suspended) makes my game crash. I have no idea why... I found two errors in that event (1 being that it should be triggering event 9000814, not 8000814, after resolution, another that the removed core should be Puerto Rico rather than a random province in California), corrected them, but there seems to be no change. Once I click the only option, I hear the sound of a new message window opening, but then the screen turns black and crashes. Any ideas about the problem? I checked that liberating a country does not crash the game.

Hey, Zauberfloete, what did you think of our ideas for UK on the previous page? I'll understand if it's not a priority.

is there any forum/subforum/wiki for discussing country strategies using this mod? i checked the kaiserpedia and the subforum, but i don't think i saw any strategies...

oh and by the way, i just started to try and play as the US, but they have ZERO IC. :( why??

Last edited:
Uhm, I'm a bit confused here. When I installed the mod, a lot of things were screwed up. Many countries had the same government type as the regular game, and instead of Russia I still had the Soviet Union. Whaaaa?