• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For my own personal pleasure and because I'm a Russian history buff I completely redid the ministers for Russia and added about 20-25 domestic events. Should I send all of this to someone or just post it somewhere in case people want it?

Thats great! Just post it here.

Hi there everyone,

I play as Russia for a rather long time here and have even more fun than the time I played Poland and was Invited in the Axis.

Anyway, I managed to make Russia a democratic country, allied with Germany, conquered Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Japanese China, Japan and UK, which are now puppet states, Germany defeated France and made it a puppet state.

The first strange thing was the army of Germany. When France declared war Germany had around 20 Divisons on the front. Luckily I had 120 of my divisions stationated in Germany. After a long fight, France and UK were defeated by us (me) and Italy was annexed by Hungary.

Now I am gearing against the CSA but there is a huge problem.
I need 310 Manpower to build just one Division of '43 Infantry. Because of this, I couldn't repair my troops after the War, so of my 200 Division only 50 survived.

Do you know how I could fix it? I checked the dbs, but it says that the infantry costs 10 manpower.

Also, excuse me for my bad english, it's not my native language

Yeah I saw that CSA AAR and was wondering how someone could play as the other factions x.x

You need to play the game until the civil war starts, then save and reload as one of the other factions of the civil war.

I just tryed what you sugested. But the USA is still the only faction i can pick. Even after the Civil war has started. x.x; Maybe it has to do with my steam verson of HOI II. ty anyway for the help.

I just tryed what you sugested. But the USA is still the only faction i can pick. Even after the Civil war has started. x.x; Maybe it has to do with my steam verson of HOI II. ty anyway for the help.

Right click on any flag and change it to one of the other factions.

You've got to be kidding me. I just finally retook britain as canada, and to my surprise my options do not include keeping the island and receiving cores. Instead my only options are to give the island to the UK, or to take a 5 dissent hit and still not get cores.

Why on earth would anyone retake england as canada if you don't even get cores?

You've got to be kidding me. I just finally retook britain as canada, and to my surprise my options do not include keeping the island and receiving cores. Instead my only options are to give the island to the UK, or to take a 5 dissent hit and still not get cores.

Why on earth would anyone retake england as canada if you don't even get cores?

Seems about right to me... Canada retaking England would be a war of liberation and not revanchist conquest.. so no cores.

And I think Canada should be named United Kingdom.

Then if you decide to go on with reconquering the isles, everything is right as you control Canada and UK and have cores on both. Then you can continue with releasing Canada or keeping it. And having cores on it.

If you go with the canadian way instead of the british way, you release Canada as a opm, then save. Reload as Canada, Canada annexes UK through event.

I believe this would be the best option.

Yes of course it makes sense, but is it fun? Who wants to liberate an ai puppet, or play the rest of the game without the elite troops you've created for yourself?

It isn't that much of a stretch. Just create an event that makes it a decision, include some flavor text like
'But Canada had changed during the interim. After the liberation, many realized that they were now just as loyal to the maple leaf as they were to the union jack. Many former British residents chose to stay in Canada. '

Choice A would be to liberate the island, become "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Canada" and keep current cores and add british cores. Capital becomes London. I would say it would be fun to set a logical flag to Canadian_UK and to load a specially designed graphical flag that is a combination of the maple leaf and union jack. If that isn't possible just use the normal UK flag.
You never get some of the events that add industry because a lot of people stay in Canada.

Choice B would be to create UK as it happens in the game currently. Set a logical flag to British_UK to distinguish from choice A. Country gets all it's industrialization events. Reload and play as UK and say bye bye to Canada.

C The choice "govern from afar" seems unnecessary to me but I guess you could keep it in for those die hard Canadian nationalists.

From there the UK+C should be faced with the task of either combating the Commune of France with the goal of restoring it to National France, or a showdown with a victorious Germany in the usual case that Germany defeated CoF already. The restoration of National France would then pretty much be the ultimate win scenario for the Entente.

help!

I got some wierd shit going on, everytime I try to play the game I get this "Wrong in db" or something like that, but I just press ignore and when I choose scenario and pick a country, after that when it have loaded like 95% it comes an error message saying, "Something wrong in db-KAISERREICH-partitions-"which-u21=value=???"

whats wrong, and what can I do about it

EDIT: never mind! I got it to work :)

Last edited:
Is there any way to prevent the Otoman Empire from joining the Mittleeuropa alliance? It's usually kinda annoying to see that for example Germany and Hungary decides to agree with Belgrade pact terms, but OE DOWs Bulgaria anyway forcing Ger and Hun to participate...

What do you think about adding ''I wish I was in Dixie'' song into game? It could represent atmosphere of AUS(American Union State) which is very Southern oriented. I found it on Wikipedia and it is in public domain, so it could be used in game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dixie_(1916).ogg

Hi! Is there a mod which could convert all flags (or actually the shields) to same style, no matter if it's Vicky or HoI2 style, but solid style would improve the overall impression even better. :)

Last edited:
Hi! Is there a bod which could convert all flags (or actually the shields) to same style, no matter if it's Vicky or HoI2 style, but solid style would improve the overall impression even better. :)

I would prefer Victoria style.

As regards to the situation with the post UoB liberation scenario, ie what to do with the entente. I have some ideas I posted earlier and would like to share them. I'll gladly do the events myself if anyone's interested. If anyone is interested, please notify me here or by PM, either way is fine. And if you aren't interested, please notify me anyway. Thanks.:)