• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do I start learning land doctrines for Russia?

kezard has the knowhow of it, though several events depending on chains can see you having the blueprints for two entirely different chains (for example if you take any option (I like Denikin, because Soviet Techteams work for it, and it's the biggest dissent reducer), then move over to Soviet Russia peacefully, a new event fires that'll give you some options and the choice to grab Spearhead etcetera)

On the topic of Russia

1) Russia - taking the Proletarian Dictatorship Route. I have to cancel all my research before I take it, otherwise my Russia techteams glitch at their current values, or glitch and lock off the techs as being researched but allowing replacements research to occur. Annoying though that you can for example, never progress beyond Advanced Machine Tools or Early Tanks though!!!

2) Soviet Russia Security Ministers. Another case of busy Ministers, this time Lavrentij Beria - Security Minister of the Soviet, HoG AND Chief of Army of Georgia? Busy man!

Sorry all my posts on here are bug reports/etc. I just play Kaiserreich intensively(!)

Question. Was an event chain for Makhno's Free Territory of the Ukraine ever thrown in there? I'd love to play a game as a pure Anarquista state :) (sorry CNT-FAI, but you suck)

Last edited:
I like this mod... but there seem to be a couple of problems.

1. After the US Civil War, the Pac States doesn't give the territory back to the victor.
2. Sometime around mid-late '39, there just doesn't seem to be any events for anyone anymore.

To answer
1. There (supposedly (I am impatient)) is an event chain which fires, which can allow for Pulling the Pacific States back into your sphere of influence. Alternatively, conquer the impudent fools! *muahaha*

2. I get the feeling that by then life seems to have got busy for the devs. Though to be fair, event chains stop making sense by then in some cases. (A favourite of mine is when you play Bengal, go through the Great Insurrection Series of Events, and then form a Syndicalist Burma, whilst being a Market Liberal Bengal!)

To answer
1. There (supposedly (I am impatient)) is an event chain which fires, which can allow for Pulling the Pacific States back into your sphere of influence. Alternatively, conquer the impudent fools! *muahaha*

What I meant to say is that the event chain does fire, but the provences don't revert back to their proper ownership like they should.

I've seen the Commune of France wipe Germany from Europe, but of course Germany still exists and refuses to surrender thanks to owning a tiny island and such. So... events to fix that would be nice. :p

Was an event chain for Makhno's Free Territory of the Ukraine ever thrown in there?
Makhno is exiled in France and has a small following there, and there's already an entrenched syndicalist sentiment in the Ukraine at this point via Khrushchev. (Probably because the Makhnovists failed whereas foreign Syndicalist movements have not)

Makhno coming back to the Ukraine could be interesting, although it'd require a lot of events and some altered events. (Makhno having his own faction in France and all that being one basic issue, and how his arrival in the Ukraine, his victories or defeats within it, etc. have an effect on his admirers in France)

A bigger issue though is how likely it'd actually be. To my knowledge besides the CNT-FAI (which is Anarcho-Syndicalist) and Makhno's small faction in Communitarian France, there are no other Anarchist movements in the game and I can't really imagine a scenario where Makhno both simultaneously returns to his homeland and gains a sizable following, unless maybe international syndicalism is completely destroyed (and if subsequently a resurgence of anarchism occurs) which in turn would probably take many years of the game passing to occur, which also in turn means that you'd need to enjoy waiting a while. :p

Last edited:
I propose a better image for the Italian Federation militias and a pic of Mussolini without that silly fascist hat. I hope you'll appreciate...

rename them into

ill_div_ITA_11_0.bmp
M3002.bmp

What I meant to say is that the event chain does fire, but the provences don't revert back to their proper ownership like they should.

No idea then. Conquest fires the event, therefore a fish around in the events CSA.txt (or such) would be advised

Mrdie said:
I've seen the Commune of France wipe Germany from Europe, but of course Germany still exists and refuses to surrender thanks to owning a tiny island and such. So... events to fix that would be nice.

They always lose. I wish the French would play it smart and backdown on Alsace-Lorraine or war, then build up more. They have better IC for most of the first half of the game, but they're utterly mired in Inf tactics thanks to what seems to be a poor AI file (I've not looked), whilst Germany usually has at least SOME Panzer divs. :(

Mrdie said:
Makhno discussion
The free territory of the Ukraine, before the Reds in the IRL timeline invasion of Ukraine, occupied most of the provinces along the volga and such. I'd love to see the black flag rise again, even if it is far-fetched. Perhaps an event chain involving CNT-FAI support if they win the Civil War (I've seen that several times) and the Hetmanate being in power in Ukraine? (So something that would appear around 1938, 1939ish, to potentially destabilise the Ukraine further after the dissolution of the Rada.)

My only quibble is that mitteleuropa is likely to interfere, which guarentees a quick demise unless Germany is occupied in France, or Opposing a Soviet Behemoth, Red Alerting them (or worst a 2 front war! Kekekeke!)

I've once again began work on the KR skins and my list for nations deserving new ones are as follows:

Union of Britain
Bengal
Republic of the Sicilies
Princely Federation
(Liberated) United Kingdom
PSA
Republican China

Any other suggestions?

BTW here's my WIP on the UoB skin:

fullscreen-15.jpg

Last edited:
There is ALOT of spelling mistakes in the first event for Italian Federation xD

I´m sorry if it has been asked before, but I could not find it so far.

I was just looking wether there would be a new version because I was afraid that you guys wouldn´t make a new version for HOI 2. But you did! :D
So i quickly uninstalled my kaiserreich (and the whole HOI game because i always want to have a fresh start for problems like these), and installed Kaiserreich 1.0 the way I should do it according to Post #1 (with the JSMGE thingy).

The installation had no problems and although JSMGE said "program not responding" I just waited some more because I had the problem before and it turned out ok, lust like this time.
Now when I click the shortcut it says "critical error. Error in db". And I click Ignore, and again, and again and then it goes away and I go to the Kaiserreich start page.. When I select a country and click start I get another "Critical Error"

"--- Error: Unrecognisable which or value 'which = U21' Line = 1308 file = db\events\KAISERREICH\WWII\partitions.txt---

It doesn't matter if i click Abort, Ignore or retry, it will exit and tell me that HOI stopped working (duh).

Can anyone help me please?

I´m sorry if it has been asked before, but I could not find it so far.

I was just looking wether there would be a new version because I was afraid that you guys wouldn´t make a new version for HOI 2. But you did! :D
So i quickly uninstalled my kaiserreich (and the whole HOI game because i always want to have a fresh start for problems like these), and installed Kaiserreich 1.0 the way I should do it according to Post #1 (with the JSMGE thingy).

The installation had no problems and although JSMGE said "program not responding" I just waited some more because I had the problem before and it turned out ok, lust like this time.
Now when I click the shortcut it says "critical error. Error in db". And I click Ignore, and again, and again and then it goes away and I go to the Kaiserreich start page.. When I select a country and click start I get another "Critical Error"

"--- Error: Unrecognisable which or value 'which = U21' Line = 1308 file = db\events\KAISERREICH\WWII\partitions.txt---

It doesn't matter if i click Abort, Ignore or retry, it will exit and tell me that HOI stopped working (duh).

Can anyone help me please?
You got ARM or DD?

@ Milites - You know you want to make a Dutch screen :D. Something with De Ruyter, Queen Wilhelmina or a dead Willem (many choices indeed) would be epic.

Doomsday, it is compatible right? :O
Apparently. However, on the previous page there seems to be a way around it.

Hi. I love this mod and i've been playing it through the last several releases. However, I had this strange occurrence while playing Japan in the latest version.

screenshotlog.jpg

Basically, a sporadic mass declaration of war after the Austria-Hungary crisis and the Alash Orda-Don Kuban crisis. Azerbaijan seems to be the brunt of the world's aggression. Some alliances also seem to be at was with themselves.

This wasn't far from the whole thing though. Shortly after, a whole heap of minor countries declared war on Germany.

I'm playing as Russia right now. Niiiiiiiice! :)

A huge step from the last beta to this version.
Congratulations!
One of the best mods ever!!!