• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm having some trouble getting the skin pack to work--I'm using the JSGME tool; extracted them into the mod folder and then used JSGME to execute Kaiserreich and then "Skins" should I have just extracted them into Kaiserreich's folder?

No idea if someone else has came up with this, but :
When starting game: ERROR IN DB. Do you still want to continue? -- yes

When loading a scenario:

Error: (unrecognisable which or value) 'which = U21' Line = 1308 file = db\events\kaiserreich\wwii\partitions.txt
---
What ever I choose, game crashes.

Ty.

E: This time I gave more specific info C:

I had a similar error when I click the .exe... With Arma 1.3.

Can't load the game. :(

I'm having some trouble getting the skin pack to work--I'm using the JSGME tool; extracted them into the mod folder and then used JSGME to execute Kaiserreich and then "Skins" should I have just extracted them into Kaiserreich's folder?

I think this has to do with either the placement or the naming of the folders in the skinpack. Of course, just plain replacing the vanilla skin folder with the KR one should do the trick if JSGME fails.

Doomsday sir, doomsday. Latest with it,, what ever it is D:

Mmmh! Try to make a clean reinstall! And then follow the steps on the instruction part, if you're using DD then skip the ARMA patch, it should work now!

I had a clean reinstall, didn't install spy patch: still the same error

E: meant to edit my last post, but apparently I didn't D;

Thats weird! Another question: Are you using vista? Maybe when you uninstall HOI there are still some hidden files left - this can be the problem! If that doesn't help go and delete this line and other similar ones that pop up, but this is really the drastic version.

Dont suppose you have any plans to shift the mod to hoi3 in the forseeable future?
Whatever path you take, i just want you to know this is easily the best mod i have EVER played...EVER!

Keep being awesome.

Manage to get it work. I went to events and deleted these from Partitions.txt :
Code:
# line 1308

command = { type = independence which = U21 value = 1 when = 0 }
	command = { type = independence which = U22 value = 1 when = 0 }
	command = { type = independence which = U23 value = 1 when = 0 }

# line 1378  

# line 1455

# line 1527

#line 1864

command = { type = make_puppet which = U21 }
	command = { type = alliance which = U21 }
	command = { type = make_puppet which = U22 }
	command = { type = alliance which = U22 }
	command = { type = make_puppet which = U23 }
	command = { type = alliance which = U23 }

I don't know how it will affect the gameplay, but at least it works now! :p

Manage to get it work. I went to events and deleted these from Partitions.txt :
Code:
# line 1308

# line 1378  

# line 1455

# line 1527

#line 1864

command = { type = make_puppet which = U21 }
	command = { type = alliance which = U21 }
	command = { type = make_puppet which = U22 }
	command = { type = alliance which = U22 }
	command = { type = make_puppet which = U23 }
	command = { type = alliance which = U23 }

I don't know how it will affect the gameplay, but at least it works now! :p

I think its got to do with DD having only limited tags! But I don't know if this is the problem. It shouldn't be much of a problem with the game - you must choose total annexation option since those countries are minor french states!

Why does the game crash if i edit the save with the editor (The screen turns black when the scenario loading reaches its end and the game terminates itself). I could also edit the save file directly but it wouldnt be worth the effort, since the save is one big mess when you open it and its hard to find anything.

Not really. If you want to edit provinces you just look into province_names.txt and then seek out the province you want to edit. If you want to edit a country you search for any of their provinces until you find their owned/controlled/national provinces list. Then it's just scrolling to what you want to edit. (Tech teams for an example.)

But I'm afraid I don't have an answer for your question. Probably some important files are changed when installing Kaiserreich so the editor changes them back and boom. You can't start the game anymore.

Not really. If you want to edit provinces you just look into province_names.txt and then seek out the province you want to edit. If you want to edit a country you search for any of their provinces until you find their owned/controlled/national provinces list. Then it's just scrolling to what you want to edit. (Tech teams for an example.)

But I'm afraid I don't have an answer for your question. Probably some important files are changed when installing Kaiserreich so the editor changes them back and boom. You can't start the game anymore.

Well the problem is that the file is super full of text and its hard even to scroll properly. But yea once you find that, its easy (As i said its just too much effort, or atleast way more effort as with the editor). But yea your are right about the editor. I just had to copy the files into an other hoi 2 and it worked, then i just had to retun it back to kaissereich.

Just use the Find function. That should speed things up for you.

Did the Kaiserreich forum go down?

Hi, registered to just say a few things

1) Love the mod. I play it more than Vanilla. Keep going with it.
2) I'm playing a game as I post, and I have a national populist Siberia in a Russian Civil War (Sov Russia and Russia being other participants) where Alexander Kolchak is HoG. He's also HoG of Transamur at the moment. If I sit and wait, do I get to see him uniting the pair and freeing Vladivostok from Japanese Yoke? Or is this a mere mistake of timing? :rofl:

A shame Siberia occured before The Russians could reintegrate Transamur via the Transiberian Railroad Event chain fired... Kolchak vs Kolchak would have made my day. :rofl:

this is my Serbia game.

Oh, just played on. Joined Tripartite Pact. Took Nis and Pristina, error message appears 'Can't open \switch/CYN_atwar_JAP.ai' (I think that was it.) Game over :/
Replay from May Autosave worked fine however. *shrug*

IT DID IT AGAAAAAAIN.... Just as I was resting on my laurels from defeating the Bulgar empire with only the Serb starter troops (and... lots and lots of mil control of Romania *ahaha*)
Something is definitely up with the Fengtien/Qing war. In this case it was when Qing was annexed by Fengtien. - though Fengtien are very buggy anyway, I tried playing them once, and it crashed as I attempted to select a tech team. o_O

Is there a fixer event in the case of a victory in USA as CSA/AUS/pacific etc? I've got all of the old USA (+Canada XD XD XD) in another game (playing as CSA) and Hartford/Boston/Albany/Macon, as well as the entirity of Texas (who never give cores to any victors save USA?!) without cores. I think the first grouping were due to partisans when the events fired. The latter is intentional?

Last edited: