• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The 'milestone' error is usually the result of installing a patch into the wrong folder. If you then try and run the patch .exe file it can't access all the game files and you get the 'latest milestone' message.

If you installed Doomsday first the game files should be in a DOOMSDAY folder, not the ARMAGEDDON folder

It's often best to make sure the base game (in this case Armageddon 1.2) runs properly, with the correct checksum, before installing mods.

Last edited:
The 'milestone' error is usually the result of installing a patch into the wrong folder. If you then try and run the patch .exe file it can't access all the game files and you get the 'latest milestone' message.

If you installed Doomsday first the game files should be in a DOOMSDAY folder, not the ARMAGEDDON folder

It's often best to make sure the base game (in this case Armageddon 1.2) runs properly, with the correct checksum, before installing mods.

Thanks! I re-installed everything, and the vanilla Armageddon and patched Armageddon gets the same issue.

I guess I'm going to try the Doomsday mod version. It's a shame, I was hoping to have attatchements in the building menue too!

Not to mention capturing tech teams. I'm going to miss that in the mod.

#EDIT#
Wait a minute, the instructions in the first post describes an installation for the Armageddon mod! What do I do with the DD mod version?

Two more things :

- if you're using Vista, don't use the default installation path - use a custom path such as c:\games\doomsday.

- if you have XP you could try a custom install path anyhow, and make sure DOOMSDAY, ARMAGEDDON and the ARMA 1.2 patch are all installed into the same folder.

#EDIT#
install into the DOOMSDAY folder instead of the ARMAGEDDON folder :)

Two more things :

- if you're using Vista, don't use the default installation path - use a custom path such as c:\games\doomsday.

- if you have XP you could try a custom install path anyhow, and make sure DOOMSDAY, ARMAGEDDON and the ARMA 1.2 patch are all installed into the same folder.

#EDIT#
install into the DOOMSDAY folder instead of the ARMAGEDDON folder :)

Alright, just to make sure I got this right (cuz im dum).

Instead of having seperate paths (c:\games\Doomsday and c:\games\Doomsday\Armageddon), everything goes into the same folder, overwriting ANY and ALL files?

Alright, just to make sure I got this right (cuz im dum).

Instead of having seperate paths (c:\games\Doomsday and c:\games\Doomsday\Armageddon), everything goes into the same folder, overwriting ANY and ALL files?

Yes - they all go into the same folder, overwriting as necessary.

An exception is if you have Anthology - the games in that are self contained so you only need Armageddon + 1.2 patch

Yes - they all go into the same folder, overwriting as necessary.

An exception is if you have Anthology - the games in that are self contained so you only need Armageddon + 1.2 patch

Awh hell yeah! I got this bad boy working!

Thanks for the help, I wouldn't have figured this one out on my own.

The details you mentioned could really stand being mentioned in the first post, but then again, I am a friggen noob. :wacko:

While I'm still here and being a noob, what's the deal with the links in the front page? The Syndicalist music, and the Unit and Army name download links are jumbled and fragmented. Did any proper links get presented elsewhere?

While I'm still here and being a noob, what's the deal with the links in the front page? The Syndicalist music, and the Unit and Army name download links are jumbled and fragmented. Did any proper links get presented elsewhere?

The links in the second post are a few years old (message written 9-12-05, last edit 10-11-07). I'd guess some of it at least has been incorporated into the game by now.

The 'optional downloads' links in the first post are still active but I don't know if those files are compatible with the latest pre-release version. I'd suggest waiting for a definative 'yes' or 'no' from a kaiserreich guru before installing anything extra :)

P.S. did you download the latest version (0.9, september 14th) from here:

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kaiserreich/index.php?showtopic=1050

Last edited:
The mod is great but it still needs some tweaks considering the Russian civil war.

A.)Often when Finland joines Russia to help them, Germany dows Finland for simply no reason. That resoults in an eventual bitter peace, which in case you play as USSR landlocks you and resoults in an unfinishable civil war.
B.)On the start of the game I redeploy the whole russian army to Moscow for reorganization. Once the civil war event triggers USSR has no starting army (This exploit works both ways).
C.)There should be a peace event between SOV and FIN if Soviets caputre enough Finnish territory or if they get cut of from white russia, because Finland kinda owns you if you dont have the whole red army invading Finland (Which is kinda delaying for the civil war).
D.)The Soviet TC tottaly suxs, it would help a lot if they had atleast claims on all russian lands.

The links in the second post are a few years old (message written 9-12-05, last edit 10-11-07). I'd guess some of it at least has been incorporated into the game by now.

The 'optional downloads' links in the first post are still active but I don't know if those files are compatible with the latest pre-release version. I'd suggest waiting for a definative 'yes' or 'no' from a kaiserreich guru before installing anything extra :)

P.S. did you download the latest version (0.9, september 14th) from here:

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kaiserreich/index.php?showtopic=1050

I did not. I just assumed that the first post was updated, heh.

The version I have is about 70 meg large, the one you mentioned is over 220 :eek:

Un-activate mod -> replaced files, I guess.

I noticed something that I thought was odd. In '37, when Sweden gets the "Swedish Empire" three parted option event, when I select the "Excellent Idea!" option, I get a full fledged Dove Lobby policy shift. I had a maximal Hawk Lobby.

I thought that didn't make much sense. Could that be fix'd for the future release (if any)?

Last edited:
a currently playing with Carlist Spain ...a have a few suggestions to make..... there should be en event to give them more tech teams after the civil war is over.2 the event when they claim the throne of France is great .... next they could claim the old Spanish colonies like Cuba and Philippines.3 after they claim the throne of France they could have an event that would rise their fortification level at the border with France. THX

I noticed something that I thought was odd. In '37, when Sweden gets the "Swedish Empire" three parted option event, when I select the "Excellent Idea!" option, I get a full fledged Dove Lobby policy shift. I had a maximal Hawk Lobby.

I've never even seen such an event! Is it in the latest pre-release?

event = {
id = 94012
random = no
country = SWE

name = "Swedish Empire"

date = { day = 1 month = april year = 1937 }
deathdate = { day = 1 month = february year = 1939 }

action_a = {
ai_chance = 80
name = "Excellent idea!"

command = { type = set_domestic which = interventionism value = 1 }
command = { type = set_domestic which = defense_lobby value = -1 }
command = { type = set_domestic which = democratic value = -2 }
command = { type = set_domestic which = political_left value = -2 }
command = { type = dissent value = -1 }
}

Last edited:
The event Peace in Central Asia which spawns after you conquered the Orda and Turkmenistan is kinda pointless. After I conquered Turkmenistan (Got into the war by agreeing to the Ordas proposal of annexing them and destroying Turkmenistan.) I waited, and waited, and waited. After the 10% dissent I got by going to war died out I got the event telling me I conquered Central Asia. And instead of cores on the region (Which would make sense as I'm recreating the Empire.) I got an -15% dissent.

It would be nice if this would be changed.

The event Peace in Central Asia which spawns after you conquered the Orda and Turkmenistan is kinda pointless. After I conquered Turkmenistan (Got into the war by agreeing to the Ordas proposal of annexing them and destroying Turkmenistan.) I waited, and waited, and waited. After the 10% dissent I got by going to war died out I got the event telling me I conquered Central Asia. And instead of cores on the region (Which would make sense as I'm recreating the Empire.) I got an -15% dissent.

It would be nice if this would be changed.

For the millionth time, you don't get cores willy-nilly in K-R and this represents the fact that 'claim' or no claim, people don't just accept conquering powers with open arms.

On the other hand when Cossacks tell me they want to be part of the empire I can say "Whatever! I'm getting cores on you so prepare to get annexed!" and then they either ran off to Germany for help or feel brave and do nothing.

Central Asia was part of the Russian Empire just like the Don-Kuban area so I don't get your point. They can claim both of those areas.