• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
T-hiddemen said:
As interesting as this possibility seems, I fear it would be unlikely. I have often thought that if the British had handled things differently in the 18th century, specifically allowing the colonies either representation in Parliament, or the ability to have their own truely self governing assemblies that a constitutional monarchy might have developed in America.

But as regards Kaiserriech I think the ATL branches off from our own too late for this. Unless maybe the Kaiser or someone were to IMPOSE a monarch on the Americans . . . and that could make for some interesting event chains . . .

Yes, I can't really see any chance of there being a King in the United States - although of course there are other countries in the Americas!

A Habsburg 'restoration' in Mexico would probably be a bit too implausible, but there may be a very slight chance of a renewed Empire in Brazil. And maybe maybe the elites in La Plata may decide that a King would be a good thing to have, both as a common and disinterested focus of loyalty to bind the federation together and to cement ties with Germany....

Seten said:
i think yes , but it is really a what if , in his "young" time it would have likely do that , he became wise only at the end of the war
The only thing that can prevent him from joining the syndicalist is if in this what if history his wife would be still one from petain's family

well i think we just have to wait Sarmatia1871 decision

Mmmm - I'd also reckon that de Gaulle would be a bit too young at this time to play much of a major political role early on. And I already have about five different factions in Communard France, without having a new Napoleonic one as well!

I'd suppose it's probably best to have him start out in some military capacity in Algeria...

Sarmatia1871 said:
Mmmm - I'd also reckon that de Gaulle would be a bit too young at this time to play much of a major political role early on. And I already have about five different factions in Communard France, without having a new Napoleonic one as well!
Ahaha, Communard France, my term. :D :p

But well, factions? Like German political parties...?

Also, not to push you or anything, but how exactly is the mod progressing?

Sarmatia1871 said:
Also, another open question: absolutely nothing has been done with Holland so far - anyone have any ideas if anything can be changed with them?

This is just a guess, but I'd say that they'd be a slightly righter-leaning version of their actual timeline. Since Dutch neutrality had been acknowledged and defended, there'd be little reason for ill-will against their neighbor. As a constitutional monarchy, perhaps the Netherlands would have even been impressed by Germany's triumphant show in the war and gradually adopted similar policies. Not to the extent of being Germany's puppet or even ally, but perhaps along the lines of the relationship Belgium had with England. Holland wants to remain neutral, and Holland wants to play a major role in global trade; good relations with Germany is their key to both objectives.

Does Germany control the Bismarck Archipelago in this world, or did Japan manage to take that from them in WW1, despite the poor performance of her Allies? If Germany still has it, then Holland borders Germany both in Europe and in the Indies--their economies would probably be remarkably intertwined.

EDIT: With kings in the Americas; I would consider it highly unlikely, except perhaps in Brasil. More likely would be Presidents-for-life or Dictators... even Mexico still celebrates its victory over the Austrian emperor Maximilian that France tried to install in the 1860s; it would be much easier to install a loyal Presidente or General.

T-hiddemen said:
As interesting as this possibility seems, I fear it would be unlikely. I have often thought that if the British had handled things differently in the 18th century, specifically allowing the colonies either representation in Parliament, or the ability to have their own truely self governing assemblies that a constitutional monarchy might have developed in America.

But as regards Kaiserriech I think the ATL branches off from our own too late for this. Unless maybe the Kaiser or someone were to IMPOSE a monarch on the Americans . . . and that could make for some interesting event chains . . .

Actually the latter was my idea, more or less. Obviously it should be RIDICILOUSLY difficult, but I could see it as a kind of "Okay, now we're going to go to the MOON!" Kind of thing :p

Arilou said:
Actually the latter was my idea, more or less. Obviously it should be RIDICILOUSLY difficult, but I could see it as a kind of "Okay, now we're going to go to the MOON!" Kind of thing :p
Perhaps the Southeast coast could become a colony for Greater Lotharingia... :p

Sarmatia1871 said:
Yes, looking over the map, Wallonia wouldn't really be particularly viable, and if there are too many minor countries there might be an MDS-style slowdown...

The Diets Republic idea for a radical expansionist Flanders is probably the best idea. And it wouldn't neccessarily require a war - with a potentially expansionist France across the border, there would be some justification for both Flanders and the Netherlands to sink their differences and unite for security if Germany is no longer able to protect them!

Well - I guess you could have an 85/15 chance of Flanders asking them, 75/25 chance of Dutchiestan accepting, and then a 60/40 chance of Flanders declaring war if they would refuse...

Just for fun - I want to have a chance to see Flemish tanks rolling in the polders of Holland, damnit!

CCurio said:
Ahaha, Communard France, my term. :D :p

But well, factions? Like German political parties...?

Also, not to push you or anything, but how exactly is the mod progressing?

France is too politically centralized here to have German style parties, so they are just alternate cabinets, which are probably going to start killing each other off when one becomes dominant.

In terms of progress, I've currently got basic AIs for most of the major countries, changed some resource distributions and am smoothing out what I've got already (in terms of basic setup and Iberian and Balkan events). And implementing stuff suggested in the thread of course! So maybe another Alpha once all the ministers are worked out some time in the next week or so....

Passivocalia said:
This is just a guess, but I'd say that they'd be a slightly righter-leaning version of their actual timeline. Since Dutch neutrality had been acknowledged and defended, there'd be little reason for ill-will against their neighbor. As a constitutional monarchy, perhaps the Netherlands would have even been impressed by Germany's triumphant show in the war and gradually adopted similar policies. Not to the extent of being Germany's puppet or even ally, but perhaps along the lines of the relationship Belgium had with England. Holland wants to remain neutral, and Holland wants to play a major role in global trade; good relations with Germany is their key to both objectives.

Does Germany control the Bismarck Archipelago in this world, or did Japan manage to take that from them in WW1, despite the poor performance of her Allies? If Germany still has it, then Holland borders Germany both in Europe and in the Indies--their economies would probably be remarkably intertwined.

EDIT: With kings in the Americas; I would consider it highly unlikely, except perhaps in Brasil. More likely would be Presidents-for-life or Dictators... even Mexico still celebrates its victory over the Austrian emperor Maximilian that France tried to install in the 1860s; it would be much easier to install a loyal Presidente or General.

Yep, what I was assuming for both these places - was just wondering if anything could be done to make Holland more distinctive!

Jebus said:
Well - I guess you could have an 85/15 chance of Flanders asking them, 75/25 chance of Dutchiestan accepting, and then a 60/40 chance of Flanders declaring war if they would refuse...

Just for fun - I want to have a chance to see Flemish tanks rolling in the polders of Holland, damnit!

Seems reasonable and shouldn't be hard to implement - although of course if Flanders is too occupied, France will then get some sort of option to intervene...!

Sarmatia1871 said:
In terms of progress, I've currently got basic AIs for most of the major countries, changed some resource distributions and am smoothing out what I've got already (in terms of basic setup and Iberian and Balkan events). And implementing stuff suggested in the thread of course! So maybe another Alpha once all the ministers are worked out some time in the next week or so....
Oh, cool nice to hear things have been going forwards. :)

Regarding the Italian and French flags, do you want me to make a new italian one similar to the italian flag but with the symbol on it, or do you want me to stick wtih the current color scheme of the flag? Also, will the suggested french flag do?

The party flag for Verdinaso was this:

Verdinaso.png

180px-Verdinaso2.jpg

Image123.gif

It would be used for a Diets empire too - especially the middle one.

CCurio said:
Oh, cool nice to hear things have been going forwards. :)

Regarding the Italian and French flags, do you want me to make a new italian one similar to the italian flag but with the symbol on it, or do you want me to stick wtih the current color scheme of the flag? Also, will the suggested french flag do?

I think it's probably better to keep the current Sicilian flag colours (based on the Roman Republic, I think...) to stop it from getting mixed up with the Northern one. And the earlier French flag (tricolore plus symbols in middle) was good.

Jebus said:
The party flag for Verdinaso was this:

It would be used for a Diets empire too - especially the middle one.

Many thanks - so probably keep the BEL tag for Flandern-Wallonien, and use the FLA tag for the Diets Empire, with this flag...?

Sarmatia1871 said:
Many thanks - so probably keep the BEL tag for Flandern-Wallonien, and use the FLA tag for the Diets Empire, with this flag...?

Why call it Flandern-Wallonien, when there's only Flanders? :confused:

I'd suggest using the FLA tag and flag for Flanders, and whatever tag you'd want for the Diets empire.

what is the diet empire? Are the people on a diet all day long?

heh heh. The 'Diets empire' was a dream of some early 20-th century fascist idiots, who had the idea of uniting all Dutch (or pseudo-dutch) speaking people under one government: Flanders, The Netherlands, South Africa, Dutch Guyana, Indonesia and the Congo; as well as taking back all the land France had 'stolen' from the Dutch-speaking people: French Flanders.
They never got around to it, though.

Jebus said:
Why call it Flandern-Wallonien, when there's only Flanders? :confused:

Although they do still have the one Walloon province you identified at the start! Might help for purposes of legitimising the state...

Sarmatia1871 said:
Although they do still have the one Walloon province you identified at the start! Might help for purposes of legitimising the state...

Well, on second thought they have two... Mons is Walloon too.

But yeah, whatever floats your boat. It appears that technical stuff is your field anyway, so I will not steer you off course with my layman remarks... :)

what is the diet empire? Are the people on a diet all day long?

Well, at least it's not the Diet of Worms....

Hello Sarmatia, this is looking like a great mod.

I read something about some of the plans of changing some techs, I believe that all techs need little change, especially naval ones, so we can include things like Dreadnoughts, and other stuff that would be around and still be in use in this scenario.

A place with info about the hochseeflotte that might ilustrate better what I'm talking about:
http://www.german-navy.de/hochseeflotte/index.html l

Also read about some of the stuff CCurio posted about doctrines, and I would like to contribute a bit with the debelopment in this area, if needed. So basically I think techs need to reflect a world where the Washington Naval Treaty never hapened, where infanterie tanks are still very important, where techs keep developing during the 20's, at different speeds, and most likely in diferent countries. Sorry got carried away :rolleyes: .

So If You Like any of my ideas tell me. I haven't realy modded anything since HOI 1, but in a couple of hours I could be in good enough shape to mess with some techs.

I'm sorry about my English, it always keeps me from posting, I hope it's good enough so you understand.