• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey guys, i was just reading the "Mittelafrika"-entry in the Kaisereich-Wiki and there is a false translation for the "Free State of Central Africa / Freistaat Mittelafrika". "Freistaat" doesn't mean "free state" in the sense of an (semi) autonomous entity. "Freistaat" is the german word for "Republic". The term means that a state is free from the rule of an absolute monarch. The in the german language commonly used word "Republik" is a loan word that came from french and latin. If Mittelafrika is still under the rule of a monarch, it is no "Freistaat".

Today, we have three Freistaaten within Germany (Saxony, Bavaria, Thuringia) and none of them is (semi)independent in the sense of a free state in the english language. It means they are just democracies.

If you want to keep the name, i suggest to change it to "Freier Staat Mittelafrika". Role model for this is the "Freie Reichsstadt" (free imperial city) in the Old Empire (HRE). That term means that the entity has a self-administration but is still under the rule of the monarch or another top-level entity like a president in case the Empire became a democracy.

"Deutsch-Mittelafrika" would be another good name.

Last edited:
Hey guys, i was just reading the "Mittelafrika"-entry in the Kaisereich-Wiki and there is a false translation for the "Free State of Central Africa / Freistaat Mittelafrika". "Freistaat" doesn't mean "free state" in the sense of an (semi) autonomous entity. "Freistaat" is the german word for "Republic". The term means that a state is free from the rule of an abolute monarch. The in the german language commonly used word "Republik" is a loan word that came from french and latin. If Mittelafrika is still under the rule of a monarch, it is no "Freistaat".

Today, we have three Freistaaten within Germany (Saxony, Bavaria, Thuringia) and none of them is (semi)independent in the sense of a free state in the english language. It means they are just democracies.

Ah, I see! But then with a Kaiserreich pulling the strings, I think the term would be rendered to fit with the vision of Kanzler Tirpitz and a world dominated by the Hohenzollern monarchy!

Ah, I see! But then with a Kaiserreich pulling the strings, I think the term would be rendered to fit with the vision of Kanzler Tirpitz and a world dominated by the Hohenzollern monarchy!

I edited my post while you were posting. No much change is necessary to make it correct.

And i may can do a couple of other suggestions for the german parties.

The "IHK-Mitteleuropa" has a real role model with name "WP - Wirtschaftspartei" (means economy party) whilst IHK is the abbreviation for the lobbyist chamber of commerce. I think making the century old chamber a political party is not a good idea. It doesn't fit in their history and their self-image. As an interest group, it is necessary to stay neutral to have influence on every government.

"Ständischer Verbund" has also a real role model with name "DKP - Deutschkonservative Partei". After reading the short description, i would say the SV is a perfect DKP clone. :D

Is there place for the KPD, the communists?

As of now the next version of Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg is open for testing!

The PRE-RELEASE KAISERREICH 1.0!!!!!

Nice. Downloading now.

Edit: Looks pretty smooth right now. Just noticing some grammar/spelling errors in some events playing as Russia. Only thing I'd suggest atm is to give the Soviets a chance to join the Syndicate, since other Russian governments are able to.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
This looks like an amazing project. I love alternative history, and the work you put into this is staggering. I'd like to give the mod a go, but I'm having trouble downloading the file. The first 2 attempts froze before I got 1/2 way through the download. I don't know if it's my computer, my internet connection, or what, but I seem to have this problem frequently when I try to use download sites for big files.

Is the Megaupload site the only way to get Kaiserreich?

Thanks

If anyone does have a suggestion on another way I can get the file I'd really appreciate it. Every time I try to download it hangs up with the download somewhere between 7% - 20% complete. That is followed by a 7 minute wait so I can make another attempt, with the same result. Very frustrating. As I said earlier, I don't doubt this is a problem with my internet connection or computer since I've experienced it with other big downloads. I unfortunately don't know how to get past it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

If anyone does have a suggestion on another way I can get the file I'd really appreciate it. Every time I try to download it hangs up with the download somewhere between 7% - 20% complete. That is followed by a 7 minute wait so I can make another attempt, with the same result. Very frustrating. As I said earlier, I don't doubt this is a problem with my internet connection or computer since I've experienced it with other big downloads. I unfortunately don't know how to get past it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Is it the pre-release or the BETA V thats giving you problems? For Beta V we have also a rapidshare download, for pre-release for now, only Megaupload, but I think for the next pre-release which should be out, about next weekend or early next week, will have an alternative download site! So I suggest you play with BETA V first!

Thanks. I've been trying to download pre-release 1.0. Are the 2 similar with regard to playability?

The Beta has some bugs left, nothing major, but minor ones! The Pre-release has many new events and other changes so it has more atmosphere, less bugs, music etc. (too many to name them all)!

The Beta has some bugs left, nothing major, but minor ones! The Pre-release has many new events and other changes so it has more atmosphere, less bugs, music etc. (too many to name them all)!

The lack of proper bitter peace events is quite major I'd say, but perhaps not exactly a bug.

While playing Finland, Germany went to war with Russia in 1938, I made enough money to join the alliance two months later and easily pushed quite deep into Russia, nearly reaching the Urals without a fight. As soon as the Russians surrendered in the Bitter peace, all the territory I and Ukraine had occupied except for the Kola peninsula and Far Karelia went back to Russia, which mean't there were enclaves all over European Russia.

As Canada, when you grant New England its independence via event, any military units inside New England automatically convert to their control. Needless to say, this pissed me off as I lost my marine division, a tactical wing, a cavalry division, and two infantry divisions due to this.

I think the event should be coded so any Canadian military units in New England should either move back to Quebec or just stay there under Canadian control.

As Canada, when you grant New England its independence via event, any military units inside New England automatically convert to their control. Needless to say, this pissed me off as I lost my marine division, a tactical wing, a cavalry division, and two infantry divisions due to this.

I think the event should be coded so any Canadian military units in New England should either move back to Quebec or just stay there under Canadian control.
Yes, but there should also be an option for Canada to keep New England, if USA wins and is a democracy, NE will get angry at Canada. If AUS/CSA wins or USA dictatorship, then Canada should get cores on NE.

I've just installed the newest version and it's all fine and dandy. HOWEVER! Why has the team suddenly decided to make the French military elections quite pointless as the CoF already has land doctrines in place?

OK, I've poked around on the mod a bit and it all looks very interesting. I particularly like the possibilities related to the A-H Empire. I've also perused some articles on the KR Wiki.

Can anyone recommend a good link or 2 that gives a good overview for what to generally expect in the mod?

Thanks