• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
do you work for any events after weltkrieg? when europe is liberated from commies?

Not much. Hopefully it will be better in Hoi3 :D

are political parties can do something like revolt in germany? grossdeutchland in power = III reich ,communist = weimar deutschland etc. ?
of course in the full version of mod?

are political parties can do something like revolt in germany? grossdeutchland in power = III reich ,communist = weimar deutschland etc. ?
of course in the full version of mod?

From what I've read in previous pages, they seem to have been meant to function in a way that your choices could launch certain parties into power or provoke internal strife of some sort (civil war possibly like in America), but as of the current version there's nothing set for them. They might put some in the next version, but that depends on whether they decide to start anew once HoI3 comes out.

Does any one know how to change a nations name.

i think if you go into config in the doomsday folder and then world_names excel file you can simply retype the name.

Hey. This is an absolutly fantastic mod, so much detail.
Anyway i started as Russia last night (as was suggested) but i'm not sure when or if the war will hit me by event. I'm only just going into 1938, i tackled the need for reenforcement, and i'm half way through the upgrades. But i haven't had an oppertunity to build any new units yet. I'm interested in preparing for a war with the cossaks, but i'm wondering if i should wait for my upgrades before i start building up my army. Am i falling behind? I usually played smaller nations in vanilla so i may not be used to such a vast country.

I accepted the tsar. I've generally been choosing the path of least resitence. After i reinstated the tsar i got an event for the cossaks becoming my puppet, but i chose the option that rebuffed them and gave me a claim to all their territory. I figured that the reconquest of the russian imperial possessions would be a suitable goal and better in the long term.
It looks like there may be possible friction with finland, mongolia and japan but at the moment i'm gearing for an early war with the cossacks. I'm just wondering if i'm falling behind, should i let off on upgrades and start building up my forces?

I accepted the tsar. I've generally been choosing the path of least resitence. After i reinstated the tsar i got an event for the cossaks becoming my puppet, but i chose the option that rebuffed them and gave me a claim to all their territory. I figured that the reconquest of the russian imperial possessions would be a suitable goal and better in the long term.
It looks like there may be possible friction with finland, mongolia and japan but at the moment i'm gearing for an early war with the cossacks. I'm just wondering if i'm falling behind, should i let off on upgrades and start building up my forces?

Russia starts off with a lot of divisions in the game and you should be larger than most nations with the exception of the French and Germans when their war kicks off. What's necessary is to bring them back up to full strength, and that's really about it. Keep upgrades down to handle like 2-3% and focus on exploiting your large manpower for new units.

ok out of curiosity, i made some events that need help. Try adding them to your germany file and tell me how to make them work.

#########################################################################
# The Treaty of Munich
event = {
id = 1337010
random = no
country = GER

name = Munich defection"
desc = "With the nazi government in austria, Partisans have demanded to leave our glourious republic and form a new one, these partisans will defect toward austria. "
picture = "Outlaw_fasist_parties"
style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }

action_a = {
name = "Rid our great democracy of the useless nazis"
ai_chance = 100

command = { type = trigger which = 1337000 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = AUS value = 74 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = AUS value = 313 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = AUS value = 375 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = AUS value = 315 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = AUS value = 374 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = AUS value = 376 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = AUS value = 314 }

}
action_b = {
name = "No way our industry is to important to lose"
ai_chance = 0
command = { type which = sleepevent which = 1337000 }
}
}

event = {
id = 1337000
random = no
country = AUS

name = "A new land"
desc = "After the the nazi defection,the partisans were inlisted into the army."
picture = "Millitary_Parade"
style = 0

action_a = {
name = "We must take this bold step to ensure our future is a bright one!"
ai_chance = 100

command = { type = add_division value = infantry when = 0 } # New infantry
command = { type = add_division value = infantry when = 0 }

Command = { type = capital which = 376 } # Munich is our new capital
}
}

Hey. This is an absolutly fantastic mod, so much detail.
Anyway i started as Russia last night (as was suggested) but i'm not sure when or if the war will hit me by event. I'm only just going into 1938, i tackled the need for reenforcement, and i'm half way through the upgrades. But i haven't had an oppertunity to build any new units yet. I'm interested in preparing for a war with the cossaks, but i'm wondering if i should wait for my upgrades before i start building up my army. Am i falling behind? I usually played smaller nations in vanilla so i may not be used to such a vast country.

taking down the cossacks shouldnt be too challenging. when i played as tsarist russia i reinforced and upgraded all my divisions before building more land units, but thats just the way i wanted to do it as the russians have a massive army at the beginning, it just needs reinforcing. i only got involved in the great war because i chose to, but that was the previous version so it may have changed, but i doubt it. i would say that until about 1941 you'll just want to annex your neighbours - my goal was mainly to regain the entire tsarist empire. some countries for example mongolia you will get the chance to go to war with them by event, and can gain a lot of ic that way.

ok out of curiosity, i made some events that need help. Try adding them to your germany file and tell me how to make them work.

# The Treaty of Munich
event = {
id = 1337010
random = no
country = GER

name = Munich defection"
desc = "With the nazi government in austria, Partisans have demanded to leave our glourious republic and form a new one, these partisans will defect toward austria. "
picture = "Outlaw_fasist_parties"
style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }

action_a = {
name = "Rid our great democracy of the useless nazis"
ai_chance = 100

command = { type = trigger which = 1337000 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = AUS value = 74 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = AUS value = 313 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = AUS value = 375 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = AUS value = 315 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = AUS value = 374 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = AUS value = 376 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = AUS value = 314 }

}
action_b = {
name = "No way our industry is to important to lose"
ai_chance = 0
command = { type which = sleepevent which = 1337000 }
}
}

event = {
id = 1337000
random = no
country = AUS

name = "A new land"
desc = "After the the nazi defection,the partisans were inlisted into the army."
picture = "Millitary_Parade"
style = 0

action_a = {
name = "We must take this bold step to ensure our future is a bright one!"
ai_chance = 100

command = { type = add_division value = infantry when = 0 } # New infantry

Command = { type = capital which = 376 } # Munich is our new capital
}
}

nver mined

I have a quick question, has anyone considered whether or not Mexico should get events that would give it a choice as to whether or not to jump into the American Civil War?

One would think some would say that it would be a golden opportunity to grab back lost lands...

I have a quick question, has anyone considered whether or not Mexico should get events that would give it a choice as to whether or not to jump into the American Civil War?

One would think some would say that it would be a golden opportunity to grab back lost lands...

Yea, that would be nice. There's some events standing alone there where Mexico can claim lands only after defeating the Pacific States, but options to take Mexico into a more aggressive direction would be interesting.

well mexico can get into a war with california but there isnt any point, im going to try to work on that when hoi 3 comes out and beta 1 is out

Thanks for the replys. It's kind of refreshing not knowing how this war is supposed to go. I defeated mongolia, absorbed the country in the khazakstan area, got claims on tansmur and got into war by event with the cossaks and gerogia. However i only have one victory point left to go for the cossaks and germany decide to make good on their gaurentee of the cossaks and my high belligerence and DOW me. It's just 1939 and since there was no event i'm guessing it's not the historical world war. With their european allies they have more troops then me, i'm not sure how long i can hold out, especially if one of my other neighbours attacks, i probably have a long time to wait before the entente or the international join in right?

Thanks for the replys. It's kind of refreshing not knowing how this war is supposed to go. I defeated mongolia, absorbed the country in the khazakstan area, got claims on tansmur and got into war by event with the cossaks and gerogia. However i only have one victory point left to go for the cossaks and germany decide to make good on their gaurentee of the cossaks and my high belligerence and DOW me. It's just 1939 and since there was no event i'm guessing it's not the historical world war. With their european allies they have more troops then me, i'm not sure how long i can hold out, especially if one of my other neighbours attacks, i probably have a long time to wait before the entente or the international join in right?

yeah you might be screwed, as the whole of central and eastern europe licks germany's shoes. i must have avoided going to war with anyone germany guarantees when i played with russia. i puppeted the cossacks personally.

i you want to plaay like i did, go soviet and take down kahakastan then instantly dow on turkestan, keep building infantry, then go after the mognols and tibiet. the dow on quing or the other holy populist faction, then dow on the german company, take them down and take all eastern german value points then move all units back to the west and put them on the don kuban front and take them out, then come up under ukraines underbelly and beat them down. finnaly move all units to the baltics and push through them and get into berlin and the dow on austria and northern rome, quikly hit hungary from both sides or you will get in some trouble, after that, make stacks on the french front and dow on them, then go toward spain, and annex build transports and land in the UK and take them out, then create seprate states such as normandy and prussia, or carlists and cnt-fai. wales england and scotland. finally take time and beat up japan and create a soviet republican china and a commie japan.