• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why not? From what I remember you just decide if you want them to become your puppet or be annexed after you choose Centralizing the Monarchy. Then an event spawns telling you if they accepted, if no then you can declare war on them by the event. Can't remember Germany attacking me too... A hell lot of dissent though.

I edited my files to increase the chance of total unification. :D

That way a stronger Austria is more likely, good for me as them, interesting for me as anyone else. :)

Why not? From what I remember you just decide if you want them to become your puppet or be annexed after you choose Centralizing the Monarchy. Then an event spawns telling you if they accepted, if no then you can declare war on them by the event. Can't remember Germany attacking me too... A hell lot of dissent though.

Well, yes. But you cannot declare war on a country if you have military access and troops stationed inside its borders.
The result is, that during the event, the option to declare war on the country isn't even there! You can only chose to back down as your only possibility, which will also automatically lose you the cores.

Additionally, the offending troops cannot be moved out of the country beforehand because those garrisons are locked in place by the game. The only option is to disband them and since you cannot be sure which country will refuse the annexation you will have to disband every single of your garrisons in Austria-Hungary to ensure that you can keep the empire together.

please anyone explain me how to install game?i always have errors when i try install this..

Extract all the Kaiserreich Files into the DD directory! It'll overwrite your vanilla files though!

:confused:

I don't get it... After you choose centralizing the monarchy and hungary accepts (or says no, or say we should go with federalism. (In that case you either have a war or nothing changing.)) you inherit them and then get events about all other dominions. I don't see what military access has to do with anything.... You shouldn't be able to declare war on them any other way than by the event.

:confused:

I don't get it... After you choose centralizing the monarchy and hungary accepts (or says no, or say we should go with federalism. (In that case you either have a war or nothing changing.)) you inherit them and then get events about all other dominions. I don't see what military access has to do with anything.... You shouldn't be able to declare war on them any other way than by the event.

And I'm telling you that events don't provide options that are flat-out impossible, at least in my Doomsday version of the game. I CANNOT DECLARE WAR VIA EVENT BECAUSE THE OPTION ISN'T SHOWING.
If I am absolutely not allowed to do something, like declaring war on a nation I have troops stationed inside, I won't get that option during the event as a clickable action as long as other options are avaiable, which leaves me with the Option B, "back down", as the only selectable answer to the event. I can provide screenshots if that still isn't clear.

Did u start the Kaiserreich scenario or the 1936 one?

Installation instructions are now visible in the first post, and the link to the skins in the first post should be fixed now too.

Could you give me a tip, which country is fun to play and has a lot of stuff going on and events. Don't want to play Germany though...will play that already in my AAR, but I want to get used to that mod first.

Could you give me a tip, which country is fun to play and has a lot of stuff going on and events. Don't want to play Germany though...will play that already in my AAR, but I want to get used to that mod first.

probably the only long-term game i played on a version a couple of versions back was with russia, rebuilding the empire etc. it was bloody great fun. i'd definitely do russia if i was you. its not too hard but a challenge, also.

Just out of curiosity, why is it possible to avoid the Civil War if Long is President? I would have thought that CSA secession would have been automatic on Long's inauguration...