• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In any HoI2 permutation, if I minimize the game I can't type in unit names anymore - I need to quit and restart. The F12 box also types in all caps, even though caps lock is off (trying to switch it doesn't work, I believe).
Anyone else have this?

In any case, I really want BetaV to ship out soon...:)

Fix is right here, replace ICL_1936.ai with this one, http://www.savefile.com/files/2085370
Its not a problem with the mod, but with the patch, I had the same problem also, found the solution here from CSABadass fyi
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402221&page=6

Got an error in my Canada game. Here's the screen:
Untitled-2.jpg

And here's the aforementioned file and line in excel:
Untitled2.jpg

I've not been playing paradox games long, but I've modded for the total war games, so an educated guess would be that it's some problem with an emergent Iceland. However the file looks fine, so I dunno.

Playing a game as Ireland. If I leave the peat mines to private corporations, my relations with Italian Federation go down 100 points... why? And Siam is missing claims.

I also find it odd that during the Spanish Civil War the African colonies defect to the anarchists and/or Carlists. Carlists, I can almost understand... but definitely not the anarchists! Historically the African colonies had the soldiers who were most loyal to Franco, so I don't see them defecting to the anarchists...

...Union of Britain just had an "Alliance with Britain" event and Canada just had an "Alliance with Canada" event... and now for some reason the two enemies are allied with eachother and Iceland and National France!

Last edited:
Fix is right here, replace ICL_1936.ai with this one, http://www.savefile.com/files/2085370
Its not a problem with the mod, but with the patch, I had the same problem also, found the solution here from CSABadass fyi
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402221&page=6

Thanks for the link man, I thought I was going to have to give up on the campaign :(.

Still, This is great, and I can carry on planning that AAR I was thinking of doing. Btw, does anyone else get that graphical glitch sometimes when alt+tabbing out of the game. Seems to happen if I do it during a loading screen.

Are there any differences between this version and the pre-release from Kaiserreich forums?

And by the way, here's a corrected version for my Galician events:
Code:
#############################################
###### Jakub Bojko's cabinet crisis # 
event = {
        id = 7300
        random = no
        country = GLD
	picture = "Polish Sejm"

name = "Jakub Bojko's cabinet crisis"
        desc = "In December 1935 'Czas', one of the most influential newspapers in Galicia, publish a number of articles accusing minister-president Jakub Bojko and a number of his ministers of frauding public money. The investiagation took over a month and confirmed many suspicions. As the result, Bojko's cabinet has been dissolved by Karol Olbracht Habsburg. Ignacy Daszynski, leader of the Galician social democrat movement was designated in Bojko's place."
        style = 0

date = { day = 7 month = february year = 1936 }

action_a = {
                name = "OK"
                command = { type = dissent value = 15 }
                command = { type = domestic which = political_left value = 2 }
                command = { type = headofgovernment which = 551034 }
                command = { type = foreignminister which = 551014 }
        }
}
###### Minister of Armament # 
event = {
        id = 7301
        random = no
        country = GLD
	picture = "Kwiatkowski"
        trigger = {
                event = 7300 # Galician political crisis
        }

name = "Minister of Armament"
        desc = "After assuming power, Daszynski had to make a number of important choices. The most pressing concern was the one of Eugeniusz Kwiatkowski. A long time minister of economy, Kwiatkowski stabilised Galician economy after the Weltkrieg and contributed a great deal of effort to its development. Should the new prime minister replace Kwiatkowski with a social democrat minister, or it would be better to leave the impartial economist alone?"
        style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }
        offset = 7
        deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1936 }

action_a = {
	ai_chance = 60
                name = "Kwiatkowski remains in the cabinet"
                command = { type = dissent value = -3 }
        }
        action_b = {
	ai_chance = 40
                name = "Replace Kwiatkowski with Boleslaw Drobner"
                command = { type = dissent value = 1 }
                command = { type = armamentminister which = 551021 }
        }

}

Still trying to recall my password for the Kaiserreich forums, please be patient ;)

Just out of curiosity, if Russia wants to go Soviet, is there a workaround for the nation-change?

If not, you could have SOV go independent and annex RUS.

Just out of curiosity, if Russia wants to go Soviet, is there a workaround for the nation-change?

If not, you could have SOV go independent and annex RUS.

There is an event that turns Russia into Soviet Russia yes.

I heard that it screws up your research, though...?

Just before the event fires you'll have to to cancel all of your research to avoid it freezing.

Kaiserreich Skinpack v1.2

The new version features:
*All the skins featured in the previous packages
*A new skin for Union of Britain
*Updated skin for Australasian Confederation
*New Topbar for CSA
*Graphical shortcomings fixed in various skins

Last edited:
And when does it fire?

Hmm I'm not too certain about that, but it's relatively shortly after you formed the Bolshewik Republican government. I think it's about October 1937 if you followed the event chain properly.

is this compatible with the latest armageddon beta patch?

tnx.