• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i thought transports had a range of 9000 when they're transporting troops. i may be wrong though.

I'm playing with the UK and now I had that Iceland thing events and I got to war with Canada but I can't fight Canada because they're too damn far away and I don't have any bases neat the country so how can I invade?

Invade Iceland first :) Or Ireland!

Hey, I'm not too savvy on the modding (still)

Is it necessary to extract all following files into the Kaiserreich main file, or just all into the MODs file and activate them with the JGSME?

It would be interesting, but my approach to the scenario is that if the UK was liberated, most of the Britons in Canada would promptly return home. In addition, the fact that Canada (and the other dominions) have been on their own for at least a decade would make them even more independent-minded in the KR timeline than historically, and thus even less likely to accept central direction from London.

But I would think that Canada is already so intergrated with the British in addition to having spent a generation as the leader of the empire that an Imperial Federation would be at least seriously considered by many people. (especially the Tories) So rather than loose their influence on the empire they can instead insure that they get a substantial number of seats in Parliament as oppossed to loosing their influence.

Excellent mod....
Playing as UK (part of Internationale) we defeated mainland Germany and ran into the following problems:
1) Liberating nations: Despite contolling all provinces required i cannot liberate Poland, Lithuania, Latvia + Belorussia. It seems I can release one or two but not all. Poland i cant at all.
2) Latvia - even though i dont choose to 'release puppet' shortly after liberating it becomes a puppet of Russia.

Also...Is it possible to release Germany as one nation, as in DDR? And how do i change the names from 'user defined' ?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Is it necessary to extract all following files into the Kaiserreich main file, or just all into the MODs file and activate them with the JGSME?

Put them in the Mods directory and then use JGSME.

jamhaw, you may want to read the Kaiserpedia article on Canada, I hope it may clarify the situation: http://www.editthis.info/kaiserreich/Canada

1) Liberating nations: Despite contolling all provinces required i cannot liberate Poland, Lithuania, Latvia + Belorussia. It seems I can release one or two but not all. Poland i cant at all.

The revolt provinces of Poland, Lithuania, United Baltic Duchy and White Ruthenia will be changed in the next release

2) Latvia - even though i dont choose to 'release puppet' shortly after liberating it becomes a puppet of Russia.

When you say Latvia, do you mean the United Baltic Duchy?

Also...Is it possible to release Germany as one nation, as in DDR? And how do i change the names from 'user defined' ?

No, Germany can't be released as the DDR. I don't understand what you mean with 'user defined'.

When you say Latvia, do you mean the United Baltic Duchy?

No, Germany can't be released as the DDR. I don't understand what you mean with 'user defined'.

In my game it is Latvia, not United Baltic Duchy.
Reading through the log text it says 'Russia had Baltic intervention' then 'Latvia leaves alliance it had with UK, France, etc'. They then join Russian alliance, as their puppet.

All the German nations i can release are called 'user defined'. Also during the US civil war a seperate nation called 'user defined' took most of the US's pacific islands.

I take it I'm missing some configuration file or something :confused:

I think I found the bug, thanks. It really had only a very small chance of happening, you've been very unlucky. :)

As for the wrong names, are you sure you selected the Kaiserreich Scenario and not the normal 1936 scenario? UK should be called Union of Britain for example.

I think I found the bug, thanks. It really had only a very small chance of happening, you've been very unlucky. :)

As for the wrong names, are you sure you selected the Kaiserreich Scenario and not the normal 1936 scenario? UK should be called Union of Britain for example.

Yes, you can guarantee if there's bad luck to be had I am first in line :D

I'm definately using the Kaiserreich scenario, playing as UoB, had all the UoB events (monarchist Canada DOW'd me, joined the Internationale, etc).

This may be related - the Syndicalists in the US are known as 'Confederate States' not CSA as i would have expected. Although they have correct events, leaders, political persuasion, flag, etc.

Put them in the Mods directory and then use JGSME.

So I should put them all into the directory and use JGSME? So run Kaiserreich Beta IV, Kaiserreich Beta IV Hotfix A, Kaiserreich Beta Models, etc?

Going to give it a shot.

Are you using a language different from english in the game? That may be the cause of the problem.

Solved, thanks for your help :)
When you mentioned english language it jogged my memory of the FAQ...
The FAQ says 'Change your game language to English by moving the settings.txt file to your main HoI2 Doomsday folder.'
I couldn't find a settings.txt file so instead copied the 'world_names.csv' and 'scenario_text.csv' into the config folder of the main HOI2 Doomsday folder.

Loving the mod thus far, but i'm having some trouble with nationalist france. I've taken over the mainland and annexed the commune, but the event to get all the cores and move the capital won't fire. I haven't done anything to the original event file but i don't know how to fix it. any ideas?:confused:

This looks amazing. I've had doomsday for a while sitting on my comp doing nothing. This mod will definitely get me to give it another (many) gos.

Loving the mod thus far, but i'm having some trouble with nationalist france. I've taken over the mainland and annexed the commune, but the event to get all the cores and move the capital won't fire. I haven't done anything to the original event file but i don't know how to fix it. any ideas?:confused:

the next version will have the events you are looking for.......

I know the release is for early May, but it will be before the 16th? I'm heading off to Kazakhstan then and I have little faith in their internet, from previous experience there and I'd love to get this game on my laptop before I go.

I started playing Kaiserreich after some time, and noticed a couple of strange things/problems.

Playing as Mongolia, when Qing and Shanqing start their war, I get an event that allows me to help one side or the other. If I choose to help the Qing in exchange for land and they accept, the "Mongolian aid arrives" event happens to me (Mongolia), rather than the Qing. Of course, I don't mind two extra cavalry divisions, but that's not supposed to be the case, now is it? :)

Also, when Roman Ungern von Sternberg is developing technologies, he changes his name to Robert. Is that an unknown twin brother or a typo? :)

Another thing - when Turkestan and Alash Orda start the war, Mongolia gets an event allowing to enter that war. If I enter it on Alash Orda's side, Alash Orda becomes my ally. But if they are already a puppet and ally of Russia, then Russia is shown as part of my alliance from my (or Alash Orda's) diplomacy window, but not from Russia's. The savegame file has an alliance containing only Russia. Is that a bug within the game or can it be corrected within the scenario events?