+ Reply to Thread
Page 276 of 429 FirstFirst ... 176 201 226 251 266 274 275 276 277 278 286 301 326 351 376 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,520 of 8569

Thread: Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg - Global Alternate History Mod for HOI2

200k clubHoI AnthologyDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacy
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Where can you download the Syndicalist music? Also where did you get the AUS's propaganda poster?
    Last edited by jamhaw; 01-02-2009 at 06:24.
    Peter Ebbesen: To guarantee success, rename Victoria 2 to something like "Victoria's Secret: An Encounter Under the Sun"

We'll Protect America! : a (Kaiseriech) USA/AUS AAR Ongoing

"As for myself, my course is clear. A British subject I was born — a British subject I will die. With my utmost effort, with my latest breath, will I oppose the ‘veiled treason’ which attempts by sordid means and mercenary proffers to lure our people from their allegiance. " Sir John A. Macdonald
    "A flag that does not contain the greatness of your heritage is no flag for a nation" John Diefenbaker

Blog Entries
    Lindbergh appears to be the Vice President of the American Union State whilst simultaneusly running Hawaii's air force, only problem I've noticed on this playthrough.
    Peter Ebbesen: To guarantee success, rename Victoria 2 to something like "Victoria's Secret: An Encounter Under the Sun"

"As for myself, my course is clear. A British subject I was born — a British subject I will die. With my utmost effort, with my latest breath, will I oppose the ‘veiled treason’ which attempts by sordid means and mercenary proffers to lure our people from their allegiance. " Sir John A. Macdonald
    "A flag that does not contain the greatness of your heritage is no flag for a nation" John Diefenbaker

Quote Originally Posted by jamhaw View Post
    Lindbergh appears to be the Vice President of the American Union State whilst simultaneusly running Hawaii's air force, only problem I've noticed on this playthrough.
    Andrey Vlasov can be a lieutenant and HoG in Russia while being a general in Ukraine. Fun paradoxes have ensued from said multitasking. But these are irrelevant when considering how awesome the entire mod is!

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by jamhaw View Post
    Where can you download the Syndicalist music? Also where did you get the AUS's propaganda poster?
    Syndicalist Music Pack
    WritAAR of the Week 4/11/2008
    I was canonized!
    Know your place, pleb.

It is hard to have patience with people who say "There is no death" or "Death doesn't matter." There is death. And whatever is matters. And whatever happens has consequences, and it and they are irrevocable and irreversible. You might as well say that birth doesn't matter. -C.S. Lewis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KanaX View Post
    Thank you.

Blog Entries
    How do I change the lobby music so that I can still listen to the rest of the music? I wanted Die Wacht Am Rhein to be the first track but then none of the other ones seemed to play. I replaced the lobby music with Die Wach am Rhein and then cut the red music title to the bottom of the peace section.

Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    Can you download to Vanilla HOI2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daman123 View Post
    Can you download to Vanilla HOI2
    Not any of the recent versions. I don't know about any older ones.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

A big thank you to the Kaiserreich team! I can't see myself going back to regular HOI2 after this. There's just so much athmosphere and things to do compared to vanilla.

The Devil's Harlot Austria Hungary's Avatar
    Darkest Hour

I just downloaded it and was wondering how you install it for ARMA. Do you need a certain patch? Do you need to place certain files?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Austria Hungary View Post
    I just downloaded it and was wondering how you install it for ARMA. Do you need a certain patch? Do you need to place certain files?
    What I have done is download all the things and put them in Kaisereich beta folder or whatever then copy and pasted all the folders (although with a couple of them such as the little red music pack you have to post the contents to the proper folder not the folder, eventually it worked. I think your supposed to use JSGME but I have more disc space than brains!

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles

That reminds me, there's no installation instructions in the first post.
    WritAAR of the Week 4/11/2008
    I was canonized!
    Know your place, pleb.

It is hard to have patience with people who say "There is no death" or "Death doesn't matter." There is death. And whatever is matters. And whatever happens has consequences, and it and they are irrevocable and irreversible. You might as well say that birth doesn't matter. -C.S. Lewis

Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Hi there! I absolutely love this mod, but I am sort of disheartened by the lack of cores for the Chines fractions. I mean, I often get the events granting me the cores for the conquered provinces, but I get none for Tibet (even though Tibet had been a part of Qing China before).

Is there a way for me to add these cores alongside those of Mongolia?

The US Draft event never fires for me, the one about the drafting national guard and citizenry.
    Hi Ho Silver

Blog Entries
    I really like this mod however there are a few things which I feel could be improved;

1) The Canadian Flag doesn't make much sense for the period, as veterans would have been a very large part of the electorate and with millions of British exiles living there it would have been political suicide to even attempt to change the flag in such a way. An idea that I have had for an alternate flag would be the Union Flag with a maple leaf in the centre. (although it should probably be the three leaved leaf as the stylised version currently on the Canadian flag was not used at the time)

2) For some reason a working link to the syndicalist music pack isn't on the front page, it would be nice to have that although I understand that there may be problems somehow involving that.

3) More music would be nice, the Lobby Music is excellent but it would be nice if it was organised like in World in Flames with you picking syndicalist music or Mittleeuropan music or Entente music etecetera I have some ideas about what could be included in those music packs, (I actually tried to increase the variety but it turned out that I couldn't make Die Wacht am Rhein the lobby music again without shutting down the little Red Music Pack I still have no idea what I was doing wrong)

And thanks for making such a great mod!

Rethinking Russia

Now, it's been some tome before I've played Kaiserreich and even then I haven't played Russia. However, after writing ideas for "steampunk/dieaselpunk" mod idea thread, I thought Kaiserreich might have more to do with this then that mod.
    I read some of the stuff you have on Russia in your forum, but it seems you have more abstract view on Russia and more concentrated on foreign policy. So maybe, partly, my idea isn't at odds with the work you already have done.

Abit of history.., sorry if known and taken into consideration already.
    In 1917 for half a year, in Russia there were 2 political powers - 1) provisional government, made by small group of intelectuals, diplomats, professors, etc. it held power over high issues like diplomacy, main economic policy, etc, but very little "lower" power and means to implement this "high" politics. 2) Soviets of Soldiers and Workers - self made local groups (councils) that held local power all over the country, but nothing more then power in their own region. They didn't really consisted of high profile political people or people outside their region, so they couldn't really aspire for highest political power.

For half a year those 2 powers worked together, one on the grand scale, second (each place had its own "council" or in russian - "soviet") on the smallest scale. well, half a year later bolsheviks just made a coup against this provisional government, and then slowely get rid of all "true soviets" that is, councils actually made and governed by the local people, and made those councils into organisations led by their people with no power whatsoever, although before that, during this half a year, bolsheviks were just one of the parties working in those councils. thats enough history for today
    SO! how about having this wierd and unstable (well, for the time it actually was stable - both powers needed each other badly, so it worked, even though it looks very unstable) democratic-anarhistic country instead of usual russia? historically it was still named Russia, but if somehow would have survived for 20 years, for example if bolshevik coup didn't work out or didn't happen, the name could be made very interesting, representing this unique state. maybe United Democratic Soviet Russia.., Democratic Anarchistic Republic of Russia.. or just Democratic Anarchistic Russia - would be funny, as DAR sounds just like russian word "present".
    of course, they could have evolved somehow and became different, but I see little chance for them to actually become 'normal' monarchistic, theocratic, militaristic, democratic or whatever state after those 2 powers actually proved to be workable, more or less. even though provisional government wanted elections asap, I doubt it would be possible to dismiss all councils peacfully, even bolsheviks couldn't do it.

Also, it would be original to have Tatarstan, Bashkiria or some similar lands being independent or puppet though they are in the middle of Russia (that the original part - being surrounded by Russia, but being independent/puppet).

And it seems you have covered already ukrainian anarchistic, if not, dig it, there's some great stuff.

Marshal of the Empire BritishImperial's Avatar

the idea of a provisional government lasting for 20 years is certainly interesting i covered this at college last year, and cant remember much which is quite disturbing but didnt the october revolution take place after the reds weren't voted into power? in this timeline you're proposing who are you saying has won the elections to keep this delicate balance of power?
    Whistle while you work, Hitler is a berk...

writAAr of the week, 5th May 2008
    Fan of the week, 24th December 2008, 8th March 2009
    Proud owner of a Loyal ReadAAR cookie from Trekaddict in 'Against All Odds'

heh, i didn't quite mean that provisional government would survive for 20 years, what I ment was that the october revolution didn't take place, or worked out only partly, and the Constitutional assambly that was working at the time only manages to enforce the Status Quo and failes to go into full democracy, as, it would seem, they wanted to. that would mean having unique state of lower, regional level quasi-anarchy and higher level democratic regime.
    I just find this situation extrimely interesting and speculating of what would happen with such a bizzare creature in 20 years even more
    A simple thing to do to spice things up in Russia could creating Soviet Russia in some corner of the Russia, as Soviet Russia could possibly accept peace with democrats, because at the time it was widely believed that world-wide revolution of prolateriat will start any second. so having peace with capitalists is ok, as they will have a revolution in no time anyway. and democratic forces might accept division of country because of being too weak to win. well, in real life bolsheviks managed to be strong enough to kick everybody. Anyways, United Democratic Soviet Russia sounds good
    EDIT.
    Found that Constitutional Assambly declared Russia democratic federal republic in 1918, few months after revolution, soon after they were dismissed. anyways, thats what they wanted Russia to be.
    Last edited by Ithron; 07-02-2009 at 00:55.

Sorry for OT, but I think I've seen a mod for Kaiserreich that concentrates on Russia. "All the Russias" or something like that. Do you know where can I find it?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3For The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Sorry for OT, but I think I've seen a mod for Kaiserreich that concentrates on Russia. "All the Russias" or something like that. Do you know where can I find it?
    Its not a mod 'for Kaiserreich', because it doesn't have much more than it. In fact, its only the Kaiserreich part that involve Russia, so you have an almost regular scenario with a Russian set-up that is almost like Kaiserreich's.

http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...93#post4445893
    What if WWI had never happened?
    A Peace to end all Peaces New! Version 0.61 Download

The Burgundian Heritage - Burgundy in FtG
    - unfinished

+ Reply to Thread