• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey i have played through this mod several times now its great and all and i know its still in beta but i have some suggestions
i like the american civil war but it can sometimes stall if for example mexico or canada (or both) get involved or the usa surrenders and one of the other antagonizers gets stuck on an island with vps and they don't surrender thus the war never ends. perhaps removing the vps on the canal and Hawaii? maybe or have them as american puppeted states which are annexed by the victor? i dont know and i like the idea that germany Australia or japan might start gobbling up the pacific islands could be done through events?
Germany's land doctrine tech is bugged i chose to use blitz tactics and ended up with both blitz and SF which made my troops really good... rolling over france with only 30 odd divisions should not happen since their army was double the size of mine! also upon french annexation i got an event to set up a puppeted govt but nothing happened :wacko::confused: so i released a puppeted french commune instead lol. could fix this event so the ai use it too and maybe even have a third choice (1 puppet 2 conquest) being to invite nationalist france to leave the entente and join mittle europe for their homelands back?
my ai russia was never aggressive enough for my tastes (2 failed red revolutions 2 isolationalist one complete collapse and one begin absorbtion only to be pwnd by japan). also if they are not isolationalist maybe they could join either the syndicalists (successful red revolution) or rejoin the entente (successful reform) if they join the entente a war with germany over the lost territory would seem to become inevitable.
Is there any plans to make a unified arab state which could arise out of the ashes of a falling apart ottoman empire ( all libya egypt arabia turkey persia afghanistan maybe turkmenistan?) would make for a really tense situation with germany as it cuts them off from a lot of the oil supplies especially if they annex thwe baku feilds too.
can the Caribbean federation have more ai chance to develop thier resources? the same for Canada. could there be events for the australasian federation to develop industry and resources (plenty of potential lots of nat gas coal and steel even some oil to be found here).
when (if) the royalists annex the home islands could there be a release event for the UK? or a new UK which has claims or ireland india gibraltar suez and all the old empire would make for a good conflict with germany.

the kingdom of spain always wins the civil war needs to be nerfed a bit or something to give the others a chance perhaps if it looks like they will both be defeated maybe an unholy alliance against the kingdom which then falls to infighting?

Just some ideas i have otherwise this mod is great fun :)

Will it work with ARMA 1.3beta?

I don't think so. There is just too much changes in the beta so it would delay the next version even longer.

Where can you download the Syndicalist music? Also where did you get the AUS's propaganda poster?

Last edited:
Lindbergh appears to be the Vice President of the American Union State whilst simultaneusly running Hawaii's air force, only problem I've noticed on this playthrough.

Lindbergh appears to be the Vice President of the American Union State whilst simultaneusly running Hawaii's air force, only problem I've noticed on this playthrough.

Andrey Vlasov can be a lieutenant and HoG in Russia while being a general in Ukraine. Fun paradoxes have ensued from said multitasking. But these are irrelevant when considering how awesome the entire mod is!

How do I change the lobby music so that I can still listen to the rest of the music? I wanted Die Wacht Am Rhein to be the first track but then none of the other ones seemed to play. I replaced the lobby music with Die Wach am Rhein and then cut the red music title to the bottom of the peace section.

I just downloaded it and was wondering how you install it for ARMA. Do you need a certain patch? Do you need to place certain files?

I just downloaded it and was wondering how you install it for ARMA. Do you need a certain patch? Do you need to place certain files?

What I have done is download all the things and put them in Kaisereich beta folder or whatever then copy and pasted all the folders (although with a couple of them such as the little red music pack you have to post the contents to the proper folder not the folder, eventually it worked. I think your supposed to use JSGME but I have more disc space than brains! :rofl:

That reminds me, there's no installation instructions in the first post. :wacko:

Hi there! I absolutely love this mod, but I am sort of disheartened by the lack of cores for the Chines fractions. I mean, I often get the events granting me the cores for the conquered provinces, but I get none for Tibet (even though Tibet had been a part of Qing China before).

Is there a way for me to add these cores alongside those of Mongolia?

I really like this mod however there are a few things which I feel could be improved;

1) The Canadian Flag doesn't make much sense for the period, as veterans would have been a very large part of the electorate and with millions of British exiles living there it would have been political suicide to even attempt to change the flag in such a way. An idea that I have had for an alternate flag would be the Union Flag with a maple leaf in the centre. (although it should probably be the three leaved leaf as the stylised version currently on the Canadian flag was not used at the time)

2) For some reason a working link to the syndicalist music pack isn't on the front page, it would be nice to have that although I understand that there may be problems somehow involving that.

3) More music would be nice, the Lobby Music is excellent but it would be nice if it was organised like in World in Flames with you picking syndicalist music or Mittleeuropan music or Entente music etecetera I have some ideas about what could be included in those music packs, (I actually tried to increase the variety but it turned out that I couldn't make Die Wacht am Rhein the lobby music again without shutting down the little Red Music Pack I still have no idea what I was doing wrong)

And thanks for making such a great mod!

Rethinking Russia

Now, it's been some tome before I've played Kaiserreich and even then I haven't played Russia. However, after writing ideas for "steampunk/dieaselpunk" mod idea thread, I thought Kaiserreich might have more to do with this then that mod.
I read some of the stuff you have on Russia in your forum, but it seems you have more abstract view on Russia and more concentrated on foreign policy. So maybe, partly, my idea isn't at odds with the work you already have done.

Abit of history.., sorry if known and taken into consideration already.
In 1917 for half a year, in Russia there were 2 political powers - 1) provisional government, made by small group of intelectuals, diplomats, professors, etc. it held power over high issues like diplomacy, main economic policy, etc, but very little "lower" power and means to implement this "high" politics. 2) Soviets of Soldiers and Workers - self made local groups (councils) that held local power all over the country, but nothing more then power in their own region. They didn't really consisted of high profile political people or people outside their region, so they couldn't really aspire for highest political power.

For half a year those 2 powers worked together, one on the grand scale, second (each place had its own "council" or in russian - "soviet") on the smallest scale. well, half a year later bolsheviks just made a coup against this provisional government, and then slowely get rid of all "true soviets" that is, councils actually made and governed by the local people, and made those councils into organisations led by their people with no power whatsoever, although before that, during this half a year, bolsheviks were just one of the parties working in those councils. thats enough history for today
SO! how about having this wierd and unstable (well, for the time it actually was stable - both powers needed each other badly, so it worked, even though it looks very unstable) democratic-anarhistic country instead of usual russia? historically it was still named Russia, but if somehow would have survived for 20 years, for example if bolshevik coup didn't work out or didn't happen, the name could be made very interesting, representing this unique state. maybe United Democratic Soviet Russia.., Democratic Anarchistic Republic of Russia.. or just Democratic Anarchistic Russia - would be funny, as DAR sounds just like russian word "present".
of course, they could have evolved somehow and became different, but I see little chance for them to actually become 'normal' monarchistic, theocratic, militaristic, democratic or whatever state after those 2 powers actually proved to be workable, more or less. even though provisional government wanted elections asap, I doubt it would be possible to dismiss all councils peacfully, even bolsheviks couldn't do it.

Also, it would be original to have Tatarstan, Bashkiria or some similar lands being independent or puppet though they are in the middle of Russia (that the original part - being surrounded by Russia, but being independent/puppet).

And it seems you have covered already ukrainian anarchistic, if not, dig it, there's some great stuff.

the idea of a provisional government lasting for 20 years is certainly interesting :D i covered this at college last year, and cant remember much which is quite disturbing but didnt the october revolution take place after the reds weren't voted into power? in this timeline you're proposing who are you saying has won the elections to keep this delicate balance of power?