• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, I would like to say that this is one of my favorite mods. I've played HoI 2 for awhile but only came across this when someone showed it to me. I was interested to say the least as I like of alt-history things, and it is by my favorite now. I only have some suggestions for a future release (I know you have a forum, but this is all I have to say). But first, the quote above.

Hello, I was playing the Kaiserreich mod as Russia, and I chose to follow the Soviet Union path. All the proper events happened and I switched to the USSR, however, I go to check my tech teams, and I am greeted by this:

Is this a common problem? Easy to get around?

Posted in Tech forum and they re-directed me here.

I have gotten this problem as well if I've gone down the Soviet path. It happens just as Russia changes into "Soviet Russia", and the tech teams change. I'm guessing that during that transition the tech teams which are removed are still "researching", hence those researches being locked.

The only way I've avoided this is to make frequent saves and see when the trigger to reform the Soviet Union arises. When that happens, I go to the save before the change and cancel all researches and let the transition happen when it does. I can proceed normally from there.

Anyways, onto some comments and suggestions.

-It was suggested above, but make an event for the Entente when they return to their homelands.
-Once Germany is defeated once and for all, France is left with a considerable amount of territory but doesn't seem to do anything with it. On top of a potential Russian DoW on Mitteleuropa which might take a considerable territory in Eastern Europe, this creates an odd situation. The most the player can do as France is liberate Germany back into its fragmented state, and the Russian player to prop up puppets. An event covering this, with choices to either split up Germany or let it be unified again, would be better I think... there's a series of redrawing the map events for other countries, but I haven't seen it fire up correctly.
-Some of the new nations which can be created have either some odd flags (Romania's flag looks really weird on my computer, got some green gunk. And the flag for Kurdistan uses an older one from vanilla rather than the good ones from DD and Arma) or in the case of Sinkiang, have a weird leader list. What I mean is that I was playing as Soviet Russia and liberated Sinkiang, and got the leader list for Vietnam. Other times I would liberate a nation like Xibei San Ma (sp) or some of the nations in the Arab peninsula and get leaders who didn't match the ideology I was in (I was a syndicalist and got leaders in those puppets who were all paternal autocrats). I know this is present in the unmodded versions as well, but still...
-I've noticed that at times the Union of Britain and Soviet Russia might have an open society despite their political ideology not allowing that. Is that intentional?
-More events for the respective sides of America towards uniting the entirety of the United States. I've seen them, but they don't seem to fire off correctly at times. I've usually had the Combined Syndicates win in the end, but they seem to leave the Pacific States alone and don't seem to do anything with New England (though I've seen an event fire up once where they demanded Canada to back off from it).
-Minor, but the Combined Syndicates of America doesn't have a description if you choose it from the menu.
-Considering the size of Russia and its potential to have an unholy IC, it should be approached with invitations to join other existing alliances. The only one I've seen is if Georgia (oh gee) approaches you with one if the Bolsheviks got power again, and the puppets you can force into into that one. I think it could be interesting that depending on what political ideology and shape your nation takes, it will receive invitations to the different alliances. IE, if the Russians get a Tsar again, they might be approached with an invitation to the Entente, the path with Wrangel and Denkin could lead to an alliance with Mitteleuropa (I know the name wouldn't match with a nation out in the East), and going with Bukharin might trigger the Syndicalist International) If this was according to your plan though, I guess it could have some more events pertaining to its own alliance that it can form on its own.
-I mentioned this in a quote above, but is there a way to resolve that issue with out the player having to do what I did?

Last edited:
Some things:
Anyone willing to explain this, not to mention the name of this guy (von Rommel lol). Japan is not connected with Germany in any way.

von Rommel is most likely a Baltic-German name (there's a Russian general named von Rommel as well, and nor is Wrangel exactly a quintessentially Russian name), and the bearer of said name is a general in Transamur's army, quite like a lot of Russian officers in OTL who signed up with various warlords, who's in command of a division which has been handed over to the Japanese as an expeditionary force.
lol

More suggestions:
If I defeat Italy as France and get the event where i give the lands to Sicilies, they receive Grenoble and Nice, which are claimed by France, but they don't receive Sardinia. Please fix this.

If I release commie Spain, they don't own or control the province Malanga (Here they do, because I have seceded it to them). Needs to be added.

In the even in which Tanu Tuva was released, they were pupped by the Russians, but now it seems they have somehow fully evaded the situation.

Keeping the game interesting if France does win the war versus Mitteleuropa. I got the idea when i saw this screen:

When France takes this much land, an event would trigger in which the Slavic countries which a are connected to Germany would defect (Poland, White Rutenia, Estonia (In this case), Latvia and Ukraine). They would form a Slavic alliance. After that Russia would gain an even in which they would get claims on all of East Europa, Caucasus and Central Asia. And would declare war upon those states, if they are not already in war. The nations attacked would form an alliance. Russia and France should win their war on a pretty same time. France would get to chose the "Napoleonic peace (See screen)":

The only nations which are not connected to France are not Denmark and Austria (Also the Slavic states). The only change in Germany would be that there would be 2 states, Prussia and the West German Federation. Once enough of Poland is taken France would DOW Russia to aid it. Germany would ally Russia and Austria. Then a war till the last nation would begin, which would be pretty balanced.

Last edited:
Gah!!! I can't take this much longer! I crave a complete Kaiserreich, now! Please!

So, I guess I posted a few months ago with this problem, but it got forgotten under a bunch of other issues and discussions.

I have a mac, but I can download and start to run Kaiserreich because it's a .rar file (kudos). I've got the newest version of Arma, and the newest version of KR, but after I choose a nation, the game crashes to desktop while attempting to load the scenario. There's no explanation on why this crash happens.

Now, I understand this may not have a solution because I believe the creators of this mod used PCs. But there must be other reasons for similar failures, and though my modding abilities are shaky, perhaps some suggestions can be made so I can at least test them myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can play what appears to be a beautiful upgrade of this game.

i dont believe it runs on armageddon.

I have a problem with my game as Russia..
When I choose to change to USSR, my techs get all messy?
The ones I was researching before I changed to USSR, are now unavailable, like if they still was under development.. ?

I have a problem with my game as Russia..
When I choose to change to USSR, my techs get all messy?
The ones I was researching before I changed to USSR, are now unavailable, like if they still was under development.. ?

you have to edit the save game. When you transfer power from Russia to the Soviet Union than you have to make sure you don't research when that time comes.

A question; what is the purpose of the U00 through U06 powers? The german parties.

Mostly, I just want to know if I can replace them with Hannover, Bavaria, etc for a slightly different Kaiserreich without affecting any essential events.

A question; what is the purpose of the U00 through U06 powers? The german parties.

Mostly, I just want to know if I can replace them with Hannover, Bavaria, etc for a slightly different Kaiserreich without affecting any essential events.

They are a part of the German domestic events, and while the chain is not yet complete they are still an integral part of the game.

They are a part of the German domestic events, and while the chain is not yet complete they are still an integral part of the game.

What do the parties do? All that I can recall are certain events improving relations with those parties. How does it affect you if your realations are bad with a party?

What do the parties do? All that I can recall are certain events improving relations with those parties. How does it affect you if your realations are bad with a party?

The parties were introduced since the beginning to simulate the mood of the population, but they aren't worked out yet!