+ Reply to Thread
Page 263 of 429 FirstFirst ... 163 188 213 238 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 288 313 338 363 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,260 of 8569

Thread: Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg - Global Alternate History Mod for HOI2

Well, after much fiddling and finding old tutorials buried on the internet, I've managed to make my flag into a HoI2 compatible (although Vickie styled - anyone got a HoI2 filter?) one. Just tried them out, the Shield works perfectly and the Flag has a very slight green haze of about a pixel in size around certain bits. I daresay it's something the experienced guys at Kaiserreich have dealt with with their eyes shut but regardless, here's my two pics for your enjoyment/berating:

Andromedos: I shifted cog to be more prominent and larger, and now the flag is a little smaller. I can post the raw file should you require it in any way.

(also, please don't think I'm forcing this on you guys or suddenly expecting this flag to make it into the mod - I really am doing this for my own enjoyment and interest, and am simply happy to help this great mod in any way that I can, should it require it. And besides, I can just mod the flag into my own installation if I want )

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow
    Well, after much fiddling and finding old tutorials buried on the internet, I've managed to make my flag into a HoI2 compatible (although Vickie styled - anyone got a HoI2 filter?) one. Just tried them out, the Shield works perfectly and the Flag has a very slight green haze of about a pixel in size around certain bits. I daresay it's something the experienced guys at Kaiserreich have dealt with with their eyes shut but regardless, here's my two pics for your enjoyment/berating:

Andromedos: I shifted cog to be more prominent and larger, and now the flag is a little smaller. I can post the raw file should you require it in any way.

(also, please don't think I'm forcing this on you guys or suddenly expecting this flag to make it into the mod - I really am doing this for my own enjoyment and interest, and am simply happy to help this great mod in any way that I can, should it require it. And besides, I can just mod the flag into my own installation if I want )
    Would you be kind enough to send me a greater version of this flag by PM? It could be useful for the Kaiserpedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Pickle
    Would you be kind enough to send me a greater version of this flag by PM? It could be useful for the Kaiserpedia.
    By all means, let me boot back into Mac and I'll send it over. I wouldn't go acting like it's official, though.

Also, on the Eire/Ireland question - further discussion with Irish folk has led me to the conclusion that Eire, while the traditional Gaellic name for the island known as 'Ireland', it had been thoroughly tainted by its association with the Free State and as the slightly poncy British name for Ireland when they wanted to avoid calling it that. Thus, unless in the KR timeline the Irish War of Independence and Civil War did not happen, it would actually be unlikely for Collins and o'Duffy to get away with calling the emerald isle 'Eire' officially. However had it not been so recently tainted, o'Duffy might well have had a go at having some OTL Nazi-style Gaellic revival stuff and used the old name.

In short: it's your call.

The flag looks good, Meadow, but I have to see how it works ingame before I can make a final decision. Unfortunately I can't test it right now, since I have a very busy workscedule right now. I'll get back to you in a few days, alright?
    And it would be great if you'd like to join our effort full-time! You can visit our forum, and have a look around at what's currently done for Britain (Johnny Cannuck is working on a a series of events for a Canadian victory over the UoB, for example.)

And speaking of flags and the Kaiserwiki, Masked Pickle and AC have written many great new articles. Check them out, everybody!

Thanks for your replies about the music.

However I cannot seem to find the music used in the begining of the title area and main menu , can anybody provide me with the name and a link to it please? thanks!

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by twcAxeman
    Thanks for your replies about the music.

However I cannot seem to find the music used in the begining of the title area and main menu , can anybody provide me with the name and a link to it please? thanks!
    That would be "Die Wacht am Rhein". The music file of the song is in the music folder.
    WritAAR of the Week 4/11/2008
    I was canonized!
    Know your place, pleb.

It is hard to have patience with people who say "There is no death" or "Death doesn't matter." There is death. And whatever is matters. And whatever happens has consequences, and it and they are irrevocable and irreversible. You might as well say that birth doesn't matter. -C.S. Lewis

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Where can I acquire the Syndicalist Music Pack? The link in the front returned "file could not be founded".

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    I don't know how usefull this might be for you guys, but the French AI in my AAR game went nuts. After a couple of good months, kicking Weissrussien arse and helping me (UoB) fight off a massive Austria, they suddently decided all their troops should be stationed in the provinces bordering the Swiss, and so retreated on every single front

Quote Originally Posted by IndoEsia45
    Where can I acquire the Syndicalist Music Pack? The link in the front returned "file could not be founded".
    Try this one:

http://rapidshare.com/files/61818458...Music_Pack.rar

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by th3freakie
    I don't know how usefull this might be for you guys, but the French AI in my AAR game went nuts. After a couple of good months, kicking Weissrussien arse and helping me (UoB) fight off a massive Austria, they suddently decided all their troops should be stationed in the provinces bordering the Swiss, and so retreated on every single front
    Did this change in behaviour coincide with any peace deals or new wars France was involved in? IIRC, there are some AI events that changes France's focus depending on who it is at war with.
    "So little done, so much to do." - Cecil Rhodes on the Day of his Death, 1902

Marshal of the Empire BritishImperial's Avatar

i havent seen anything like that, but i would say that the ai... isnt the best. i am playing the version before the latest one, so its probably not as good as the latest, but the war between germany and the syndicalists is at a complete standstill now that france has belgium. the syndicalists DoWed denmark but havent invaded them, and canada DoWed the syndicalists but havent actually done anything. not that it affects me badly.. as russia i welcome a stalemate.
    Whistle while you work, Hitler is a berk...

writAAr of the week, 5th May 2008
    Fan of the week, 24th December 2008, 8th March 2009
    Proud owner of a Loyal ReadAAR cookie from Trekaddict in 'Against All Odds'

After reading through the wiki, some of the .txt files, and the general introduction here in this forum, I've become really excited to play this mod.

However, after attempting to do so, I've found that I can get to the Kaiserreich scenario no problem, and can select a country. However, when I hit play, the game crashes to desktop while loading at "reading scenario".

I don't have the time to go reading through 101 pages of responses looking to find if anyone else has had this problem, so sorry if this is a repeat of an already mentioned problem. How exactly do I fix this problem so I can play what is, by all appearances, an amazing mod?

I'm using Kaiserreich Beta IV. Also, I'm using a Mac, if that makes any difference.
    Last edited by SamWystan; 04-12-2008 at 07:57.

I allways wondered, why did Portugal keep its colonies since it was in war versus Germany in the great war?

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Could you be a little more specific? First of all, are you using the newest version of Doomsday and are there any error messages when you load the scenario?
    WritAAR of the Week 4/11/2008
    I was canonized!
    Know your place, pleb.

It is hard to have patience with people who say "There is no death" or "Death doesn't matter." There is death. And whatever is matters. And whatever happens has consequences, and it and they are irrevocable and irreversible. You might as well say that birth doesn't matter. -C.S. Lewis

Sorry.

I am using v1.4 of DD Arma.

There are no error messages; either when I load, or when it crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Delex View Post
    I allways wondered, why did Portugal keep its colonies since it was in war versus Germany in the great war?
    My guess is that they were not decisively defeated as France and Britain were and thus Germany had less to bargain with other than 'let's call the whole thing off'. Or it could be that they didn't actually go to war with Germany in WWI.

A Single Spark
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2

Quote Originally Posted by SamWystan View Post
    Sorry.

I am using v1.4 of DD Arma.

There are no error messages; either when I load, or when it crashes.
    V1.4? Did I miss something?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
    My guess is that they were not decisively defeated as France and Britain were and thus Germany had less to bargain with other than 'let's call the whole thing off'. Or it could be that they didn't actually go to war with Germany in WWI.
    Well Portugal did openly declare war on Germany.
    War gives the right of the conquerors to impose any conditions they please upon the vanquished.
    - Gaius Julius Caesar

In peace, sons bury their fathers; in war, fathers bury their sons.
    - Herodotus

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III

Quote Originally Posted by GermanWehrmacht View Post
    Well Portugal did openly declare war on Germany.
    It has to do with the "Peace with Honor"! Since after the defeat of France, Germany couldn't reach either Great Britain or in this case Portugal! So after a couple of years were both sides were only tradig insults over the channel a peace was signed - "Peace with Honor"! That is both sides keep their respective colonies and their "Honor".

But nonetheless Germany was now the superpower and England only a shadow of its former self and thus when the English revolution sets in, Germany grabed most of the British colonies.

Portugal doesn't suffered the same faith as Britain, but it has been pressured to cede its colonies to Mittelafrika, which it didn't do. For Portugal its colonies are more a prestige object, against German/Mittelafrikan colonial policy/aggression than an economic adavantage.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Not sure if I missed the information about Oman and Yemen but why did Yemen get annexed by Germany and Oman gain so much power in the region? Wouldn't Both Oman and Yemen wanted to break away from British rule anyway?
    War gives the right of the conquerors to impose any conditions they please upon the vanquished.
    - Gaius Julius Caesar

In peace, sons bury their fathers; in war, fathers bury their sons.
    - Herodotus

+ Reply to Thread