• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Andromedos said:
Indeed, and there are a few other references to Turtledove in our Mod. Keep your eyes open for them. ;)
That will be hard for me since I haven't played the Turtledove mod :eek: Oh by the way after the Second American Civil War does the US ever go back to being a Democratic nation with elections after the military take over?

How come I can't play with Fengtien Republic?

I try to assign research but the game crashes.

Can someone tell me how to fix this?

What version are you using. If I remember correctly, that bug was fixed in hotfix A.

If the bug persists, try to erase the techteam pictures for Fengtien Republic. One of those pictures is bugged and for some reason causes a crash.

The great Duck: I don't think so. Freetup decided against it, to make the American Civil War easier to predict and more balanced over. Too many possibilities make the event writing a extremely hard.

Last edited:
Andromedos said:
What version are you using. If I remember correctly, that bug was fixed in hotfix A.

If the bug persists, try to erase the techteam pictures for Fengtien Republic. One of those pictures is bugged and for some reason causes a crash.

Can someone point me to this Hotfix A?

Maj. von Mauser said:
Can someone point me to this Hotfix A?

See the first post of this thread

----------------------------------------------

Just download and installed this mod for the first time and it looks really good.

One question/suggestion though (that might already been made):

I noticed thet the German militia divisions are named 'Volksgrenadier-Division', wouldn't 'Landwehr-Division' or 'Landesschützen-Divsion' be a better name for units of the Kaiserreich ?

EDIT
BTW I see there is a small typo in the German minister-file, Manfred von Richthofen last name is spelled Richtofen.

Minister ID = 273 and 274

Last edited:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan59
What nation is best for beginners?
If I recall correctly, it was Russia as you really don't get into wars without either wanting to or having high BB. You also get to tailor the country however you want as your first HoS gets killed on your 4th day and you choose a new Govt.

Edit: if you read the first page it says this.

You really have to try to get Russia into a war.

Yeah playing as Germany another russian civil war began *yay* with tons of chaos , such as Siberia declaring independence.

Also in an unreleated question , but were can I find some of the seperate music for Kaiserreich.

so how done is the latest version? Will there be a world-wide war if I doN't do anything just by events or should I cause it by creating alliances?

i'm waiting for the world war to start in mine, its now 1941...

I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere before but on the off chance it hasn't, it's always struck be as odd that the 'Union of Britain', which is very much lacking in the Northern Ireland department (quite understandably, the 6 counties of Ulster under British control could easily have been seized by Collins' Ireland during the Revolution), still features the red cross of Ulster in the smaller Union Flag that can be found in the corner of the flag. I would propose this as an alternative, it is the flag that was used before Ireland was formally part of the UK:

brunion.jpg

On another note, Ireland was officially known as Eire until Britain recognised the status of the Republic - perhaps without this hindrance a more romantic Green Isle under Collins (something underexplored in the current events in my opinion, but I'm fully aware priorities are priorities) could be called Eire still, especially considering its united nature post collapse of the United Kingdom.

Love the mod, by the way - I love Alternate History and you guys have made a beautifully rich world where practically every country has something new to do. Keep it up, can't wait for Beta V.

the union of britain flag is a bit crappy overall, i thought - looks like the canadian dominion flag.

and isnt Ireland actually called Eire in real life? its just that everybody knows it as ireland

I agree the UoB flag could be a little better - tbh all the Syndie flags are a bit lacking, especially the CSA. I'd perhaps like to see the current UoB flag with a larger and more prominent 'cog and hammer' - what I believe to be the Syndicalist equivalent of OTL's hammer and sickle, correct? I'm just mocking one up in photoshop but can't find a cog and hammer anywhere... any help?

EDIT: Here's what I came up with... would rather a less ornate hammers and cog a la the Sicilies' flag, but for now this is the best I could do:

YET ANOTHER EDIT: Found a cog through sheer luck (page 50 of the Graphics Thread) and had a go... going to see how this looks in-game - any thoughts, official or otherwise?

Personally I think the lack of 'Ireland stripes' looks better and more accurate for the alternate timeline.

As for the Eire question - not strictly. The Irish government do call the country Ireland, because Eire is the whole island including Ulster. It was also part of the 'deal' with Britain recognising the Republic (rather than the Free State), that they would cease calling it Eire, IIRC.

Also, noting that Eoin o'Duffy is the Irish HoG, the proto-fascist embrace of all things olden and romantically mythical (Hitler and the Goths etc) would mean a Gaellic-named Irish state would make a lot of sense.

Last edited:
What's the situation for the Unification events? Like for the Entente if Canada takes mainland France and you have to give it the entire land to them to Nationalist France. Is there an event where it gives your allies their supposive cores? As in Canada through event gives all the mainland France they squired to Nationalist France or to Delhi in respect to India?