• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does the event giving cores and changing the capital after National France victory work?

I've got 3 questions
-Firstly, when Germany occupied the UK's colonies why didn't they occupy Gibraltar?
-Secondly, why are all the origianal soviet ministers (Especially Stalin and Kalanin but also Voroshilov, etc) still alive when they probably been killed at the end of the civil war by the white armies after their defeat?
-Finally whatever happened to all the other Soviet leaders (Lenin, Trotsky and others)?

Apart from these confusions I have found Kaissereich to be a great game.

Teep said:
I've got 3 questions
-Firstly, when Germany occupied the UK's colonies why didn't they occupy Gibraltar?
-Secondly, why are all the origianal soviet ministers (Especially Stalin and Kalanin but also Voroshilov, etc) still alive when they probably been killed at the end of the civil war by the white armies after their defeat?
-Finally whatever happened to all the other Soviet leaders (Lenin, Trotsky and others)?

Apart from these confusions I have found Kaissereich to be a great game.
1.Because it became Spanish.
2.This is an eror that will be fixed in the future.
3.They are dead.

Earth's Savior said:
Does the event giving cores and changing the capital after National France victory work?
They do, but if I recall correctly, you have to be at peace and own all the said territories for the event to trigger.

The Great Duck said:
2.This is an eror that will be fixed in the future.

Sounds dreadful ;)

lordgoof said:
i am getting the excel file not found error again......i closed it and went to play it again and it comes up while initializing globals.......
The datafiles should be of the csv-type, so maybe you have the wrong filetype. If the files are excel-type, they have errors in them. The filetype is fairly easy to change, though. Just right click on any of the files in the db-folder and choose that the default program for opening the files is notepad and not excel.

well i don't have excel installed and i did a search for *.csv files and they all seem to default open with notepad.
EDIT: just got it to work.....i just changed all .csv files to open with another program then set it back to notepad.... :confused:

lordgoof said:
well i don't have excel installed and i did a search for *.csv files and they all seem to default open with notepad.
EDIT: just got it to work.....i just changed all .csv files to open with another program then set it back to notepad.... :confused:
Well, if it works then that's fine I guess.

well it keeps on happening and i can't fix it this time.....
i notice that it only happens when the paradox logo animation/clip at the start doesn't show.

and another thing.....Hungary has a sever lack of military leaders......i recieved galatia, croatia (and bosnia) by event then allied with germany and invaded austraia and whatever the other part of czechoslavakia is and have a massive army but i don't have leaders for them all....i only have 2 naval leaders??????

Last edited:
I have 2 things tosay:
1 The Modern air carrier has more range than the nuclear carrier. Is this intentional as it doesn't seem to make sense.
2 The german royal family's name is hohenzollern not von preussen. Do they change their surnames (a bit like the british royall family dd during ww1)?

Teep said:
I have 2 things tosay:
1 The Modern air carrier has more range than the nuclear carrier. Is this intentional as it doesn't seem to make sense.
2 The german royal family's name is hohenzollern not von preussen. Do they change their surnames (a bit like the british royall family dd during ww1)?

Number 1 is the same in vanilla HOI. :)

What are the Legation Cities? I've seen them in the game but they do not appear to have an historical note or a wiki article.

jamhaw said:
What are the Legation Cities? I've seen them in the game but they do not appear to have an historical note or a wiki article.
Non-German International (coastal) Concessions in China, federated into a semi-independent state. The International Settlement in Shanghai writ large, essentially.

So how do you change the games' icon? I can see an alternate icon in the folder but I have no idea how to get the icons switched around.

i had to make a shortcut to use the icon.

i have done some modding to the austrian and hungarian events that give them some of the better techteams of the other puppets if they annex them via event which seem to work alright.

i just need to figure out some more hungarian naval and air leaders for when they get access to the water and have only 2 naval and about 6 air leaders.

i have also figured out the excel error......i never new i was so stupid :D

I might of miss this couple hundred pages back but is there a reason how the Italian Federation managed to gain Corsica?