• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wat

ww1altwatfr2.png
Douglas MacArthur demands an explanation for this bullshit.​

I was winning as USA. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it should be inevitable. Victory conditions, people. I did it, and I did it legit, and I got rewarded with ...this.

Raeg, much?

The defeat, of course was trigged by the loss of Denver - Even though I still had Washington and had secured my flank and was pushing into both of the sesesh scum.

I tried giving this mod another chance, and this is how it ended up. I'm sorry, I can't play it ever again.

Last edited:
Hilscher said:
ww1altwatfr2.png
Douglas MacArthur demands an explanation for this bullshit.​

I was winning as USA. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it should be inevitable. Victory conditions, people. I did it, and I did it legit, and I got rewarded with ...this.

Raeg, much?

The defeat, of course was trigged by the loss of Denver - Even though I still had Washington and had secured my flank and was pushing into both of the sesesh scum.

I tried giving this mod another chance, and this is how it ended up. I'm sorry, I can't play it ever again.
:confused: I didn't get anything out of that.

lol. You gave Kaiserreich 1game year to play xD That was a REALLY LONG TIME :rofl:

KuzuX said:
he might be using kaiserreich 1.0. i think it had a bug like that

But the funny thing is that he will never try kaiserreich again xD

I think it's funny that he didn't even ask if this had or would be fixed..... Ohhh no! One buggg!! Runnnnnn
(albeit a pretty big one that I think was fixed in the last hotfix?)

if not fixed freetup has stated that it will not be like that anymore

This is one of many cases of disgruntlement and no CONTRIBUTION!!!!!! Maybe give the Log so we can fix this or write which version you played would be helpfull and we would gladly try to answer the questions.
But then with then he should now that this mod as are all the others are made by people in their freetime and this reply is only one thing and one thing only COUNTERPRODUCTIVE!!!!!

1396.gif

:p

Oh, goodie. Fanboism.

As a matter of fact, I played games as Ethiopia, The Princely States, Mexico, Austria, and The USA. All on the latest version.

Three out of five games were displeasing.

The Princely States developed a repeatable crash. Upon the USA Surrenders event, coincidentally enough.

Austria-Hungary is a mess, with Croatia being a puppet of Hungary while Hungary is a puppet of Austria. Germany declares war on Austria at the drop of a hat (not very realistic). As Austria, I saw it as my imperative to consolidate and annex my puppets. Not something a player will usually do, but in Austria's case it was more than prudent. One can argue that I'm not supposed to try to declare war on my puppets, but honestly if you look at it realistically, the world would give Austria free reign over its puppets. Hungary and Austria should be one entity anyway. In any case, it's still a god awful mess even if you don't try to clean it up.

And then USA. If you lose Denver, you lose the game. Not Washington, no. Denver. So after playing several hours of your mod, I deemed it unplayable. That's more than fair. Why would I ask if a single bug would be fixed when 3 out of the first 5 games I play were retarded? Why would I keep wasting my time on the mod when over half are going to be stupid? Defend it if you want. I actually am illuminating a problem by posting here and you can either do something about it or keep your head in the sand. I don't really care. See ya.

Sorry, but I can't agree. I too played KR on the latest hotfix and I didn't have ANY of what you describe. In fact no US surrender event ever fired, they were annexed. The Princely states didn't make the game crash. I NEVER saw Germany DoW Austria.

I don't really care wether you ever read this, but KR certainly does not deserve such a bashing.

@team: Keep up the work. If you ever need my help you know where to find me. What I would want though is that the war in Europe could last a bit longer, it's over fairly quick if you manage to Blitz the French early on and use your starting fleet to rush forces to Britain.

trekaddict said:
@team: Keep up the work. If you ever need my help you know where to find me. What I would want though is that the war in Europe could last a bit longer, it's over fairly quick if you manage to Blitz the French early on and use your starting fleet to rush forces to Britain.

Hoi22008-09-0423-30-14-64.jpg

That can also happen xD But yeah a longer war would be soooo much cooler :)

Hilscher, we do take criticism and bug reports serious. The problem is that your post sounded rather petty and not constructive. It was more of an angry rambling than a detailed bug report, you did not even post your mod version nor your history file, to help us locate the error.
Also, you seem to be playing with an old version of Kaiserreich, and not the new BetaIV A version.

trekaddict, thank you very much on your trust and support!
The war in Europe will hopefully improved in version BetaV, and the Internationale expanded. Germany should also be somewhat weaker when the domestic events get done. These events in particular is an area where I would be glad to hear your input and ideas.

Doge Robert said:
The four orthodox bishops took up their positions around the tomb. It was the dead of night, a full moon and the pentagram had been etched in silver, all around the grave. At the final position stood the Patriach, with the Black Book of the Dead, which he had seemingly obtained during a recent archeological dig in Armenia.. "We are ready, Your Holiness." The four bishops said and the Patriarch opened the book and began chanting in ancient Egyptic. At first nothing happened, but then the lid of the sarcophacus, which held the remains, began to move ever so slightly.. The bishops were frightened, as the patriarch continued his chanting.. "Rise oh great One, rise and take your rightfull place on the Throne.. RISE!! Cyril Romanov!"

Erm.. as with the dead leaders in Finland, a shift of the sliders in Russia will bring Cyril Romanov to the throne, albeit he is dead.. I just couldn't help myself writing the above.. ;) However, as far as I have experienced it, Cyril only appears, when the sliders reach a certain position. he doesn't return if you just move the sliders one click.. Thought you might wanna know..

I'll just bring this bit to your notice once again, along with another little 'thing', I discovered recently..

At some point (in my case, late '38), Russia gets the "Transamur Plebiscite" event chain. I went along with encouraging the plebiscite and then sending in the troops, when Transamur rejected it.. The Japanese stood down, letting Transamur stand along and I chose to have a government of reconciliation with Kolchak as prime minister..
This brings on a slight problem though, albeit a minor one..

I've earlier chosen to bring back Tsar Vladimir, which places the left-right bar at 'Authoritarian Democrat'. However, when Kolchak becomes prime minister, the events also grants a two point move to the right on this bar (or whatever the name is for them, I forgot.. )..

Now this is my problem.. One point to the right makes Russia into a 'Paternal Autocrat'. This is understandable and even highly plausable, as Kolchak has the trait "Stern Imperialist." I consider it very likely that he supports the Tsar complerely and so yes, Paternal Autocrat is the way to go..

However, the bar is moved not one point, but two, which makes Russia into a 'National Populist'. I simply fail to see how this is in any way believable or credible, with the aforemention concerns.

So my idea is this, if it does not ruin something else: To scale down the movement from two points to the right, to one point ditto..

Or, make a second event for the plebiscite, where, if Tsar Vladimir is back (Not Cyril, that's an entirely different event, which eliminates the return of Vladmir), Chosing Kolchak for Prime Minister would make the movement to one point, whereas the old event, used for when Vladimir is not back, would make it move by two.. However I consider this a vast overkill for what is truly, a minor glitch..

Hopefully you can use this.. And I'll continue to do my tiny part in the truly great work that is Kaiserreich.. I gratefully bow to all the developers.. The work you do is appreciated by countless people and we are all humbled by the ever-greater and more spectacular results you produce..

Thank you all.. :)

trekaddict said:
I NEVER saw Germany DoW Austria.
Me neither, but then I've never had them declaring war on the other Habsburg nations outside of the Ausgleich chain.

Kaiserreich BetaIV Rapidshare Link

I downloaded and installed this. That's the latest version if I'm not mistaken.

You simply deny that there's a problem and bury your heads in the sand. This mod does deserve a bashing. It's bad. Sorry. It just is.

Hilscher, i have never encountered the bugs you are writing about and your angry criticism of the KR team is simply unfounded. Just because your method of posting was unhelpful and you were told so there isn't a need to become hostile.
The game as of the latest patch doesn't have the problems you rambled about and I can attest to that.
So please, before you begin to rant more in this thread please check your facts and understand that the KR team is simply trying to get you to help them so they can help you.