• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jedrek said:
It's a fact that the alliances are simply unbalanced. Let's take the IC. Entente, even treated as one country, has less industrial power than CoF or UoB. And if CSA wins the Civil War, them we're going to have one huge Son of Marx alliance, capable of devouring everything that stands in its way. I remember a game in which the Sydies fought against Italian Federation, Carlist Spain and Germany at the same time. It ended 3:0 for the Synies.

Mitteleuropean AI needs fixing. Playing as UoB, I defeated Germany with 24 divisions, located in Mulhouse. As soon as winter had ended, I pushed forward towards Munchen and Kassel, encircling over 100 German divisions in Ruhr. The French did the rest, while my armoured corps advanced towards Berlin and Tallin. I guess the Germans could suffer from their kind of "Verdun Syndrome" and be not willing to motorise their army, but even in such a case they should not be so easy to defeat. ;)

Next thing; riddiculous buildup for Japan and Manchuria. When I attacked them as Russia in 1944, for every province attacked, I had to fight against 30-50 divisions. Only Manchurian ones, the Japanese sat on their isles and waited. Is it possible to build so many up-to-date divisions with 30IC? 0_o

National France definately needs a more revanchist approach. An invasion AI triggering once CoF DoWs Germany, war with the CNT-FAI as soon as they take over Spain... It's strange that even Mittelafrika seems capable of defeating them.

And my personal favourite; Russia. Are you planning to add any events that would give Russia cores on White Ruthenia, the Baltic, the Caucasus, Manchuria or Central Asia beyond Alash Orda? It would be much more fun to restore Russia to its pre-1904 borders ;)

1. The Entente is weak for a reason. You simply can't make them all 200 IC superpowers each, since the areas they hold aren't really nothing but former dominions. Canada has been beefed up quite much, and even that borders the "ahistorical plausibility". Also, it's just as possible that the CSA doesn't win the war and the US joins the Entente. And Germany can roll the Syndies too.

2. I can't say much about the AI, since the AI quite frankly always gets beaten by a player that has at least some amount of skill.

3. It's possible, actually. Not to mention that the AI usually cheats.

4. Mittelafrika and National France are pretty much on par with each other, not to mention that National France controls areas that are basically desert and have to deal with revolts too. I agree though that National France should try to invade CoF whenever they have the chance. War with CNT-FAI is another thing, though.

5. There are events that give Russia cores along its historical area and Manchuria too. Some oddities there, though. Like Gdansk as a Russian core.

Must check out this Russian Gdansk thing ;)

Don't get me wrong - I love the mod and would like it to become the best AH mod for HoI2, that's why I'm complying. :)

Jedrek said:
Must check out this Russian Gdansk thing ;)

Don't get me wrong - I love the mod and would like it to become the best AH mod for HoI2, that's why I'm complying. :)
Don't get me wrong either, I love it when people share their thoughts from our mod. And I do my best to explain its workings to the players when they need clarification. :)

Great mod you have, but I really need some help.
I attempt to start a game, but an error message comes up...
It mentions an "unexpected field" on "home_defense". :(
Help please?

Hey

A couple of questions playing as Russia... I attack Ukraine and the two muslim states thourgh events, but now approx 1-2 years later have still not received any cores on theese lands, is that WAD?

Is there also any events regarding a finnish/russia conflict?

Earth's Savior said:
Would I extract the JSGME to that same folder? Wait, how do I extract a RAR file? It seems impossible. Do I need to download a program?

I would suggest downloading and installing a program called 7 Zip. You can use one program to extract seven differnt types of compressed files. A RAR file is just a different type of zip file. Extract JSGME to your main Doomsday folder, that is what I do.

For the Devs..

Have you requested a subforum for Kaiserreich? As far as I can see, you have more users than many of the mods, which currently have such a forum and it would perhaps be easier, if questions and comments could be posted in different threads. I understand that you have an external site, on which you host a forum for the mod, but to be honest, I would find it much more convenient, if I did not have to go to an external site, for my questions..

It is, however merely a suggestion.. ;)

- Rob

Don_Quigleone said:
That may be a good idea, many more casual users would prefer a subforum here rather than going to your own forum.

yeah i would like a subforum here. But still i love our forum :D

We asked for a subforum a long time ago, but the request was denied if I remember correctly.
We might make another attempt and ask again, if the demand is there. But to be honest, I would prefer to concentrate or activities in one forum, and our Kaiserforum by now has become an invaluable source of material for our Mod.

On the other hand, I have to admit having an own subforum would be a great honour to our team. :)

Andromedos said:
We asked for a subforum a long time ago, but the request was denied if I remember correctly.
We might make another attempt and ask again, if the demand is there. But to be honest, I would prefer to concentrate or activities in one forum, and our Kaiserforum by now has become an invaluable source of material for our Mod.

On the other hand, I have to admit having an own subforum would be a great honour to our team. :)

I don't why they denied you...it's not DAIM is being updated or the Grand Battle Mod is overflowing with posts....lol.

Well,the mod has its own offsite forum,and creating a subforum here would probably slow down the server even more,and we would get the server busy messages more often,so I don't see why would it be needed.

About the land doctrines. If you select the event the kaiser looks into the future (So you gain blitzkrieg research team and blueprints), the event doesn't disable the superior firepower doctrine. So Germany has 2 land doctrines which give it an Unfair advantage. And those land doctrine events for Russia should happen right from the start (Even for soviet Russia).

It's mainly because this thread can get very confusing to follow and I simply consider that questions about how the mod works, strategic tips, etc.. Might be better served, if posted in individual threads, while the offsite forum could easily be reserved (primarily) for mod development.. Seperating the two might make it easier to keep everything straight..

An example of a stickied thread could perhaps be a LibrAARy listing the Kaiserreich AARs on this forum.. I know there is one on the offsite, but that, I believe, is strictly for actual AARs, not links to those found here..
The number of current AARs on this site, concerning Kaiserreich, could be easily located and thus, might create even greater attention to the mod itself..

However, as I said.. It's merely a suggestion, although I think it would benefit the mod...

If I now wanted to add a new, self-made event into my Kaiserreich game, where whould I have to do that? I have tried to add a new event into random db event files, but the events just dont seem to fire.

Also, thank you for a great mod, im running an AAR on it (Signature)

Roman_legion: You have to make sure that the event ID is not used by another event yet, and that there are no syntax errors in the event.

The Kaiserreich scenario will only recognice events that are mentioned in the Kaiserreich Beta V\db\events kaiserreich.txt file. The best thing you could do is to go to the \Kaiserreich Beta V \db\events\KAISERREICH folder, and put the event in one of the textfiles located in the subfolders there.

And good to hear you like our Mod. You've certainly taken an... interesting approach for the American Civil War. Seems like I have to edit the USA AI a bit more, make it less friendly to the Union of Britain.

Delex: What exactly did happen? Were both path of the doctrine tree avaiable for research?

I can confirm this with the german land doctrine bug. Every time i´m choosing the blitzkrieg path, the other doctrine path is still active and the troops will get too much org and mor that the enemy has no chance to defend...