• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That kinda describes it (more or less). A question why is Besarabia a part of Romania? Since it is common knowledge that it was seceded to Ukraine on 9.4.1918? And why do I have the strange felling, that the first world war, was a cheap rip off for the AH empire (They got decentralized, gained minimal and worthless lands (Except Warsaw (By the way shouldnt Poland fall under the German spheare of influance?) and Milan), Serbia is not their puppet and not even Ukraine but it should be, per the partition. I know the land was seceded to Germany, but AH would have probably gotten Ukraine anyway). Same in the Ottoman empire (They could atleast have 2 more puppets in the Caucasus if nothing more). And the strangest thing above all is, that Romania is bigger than it was before the war. Per what they have done, they should be even lucky that they survived.

Last edited:
ROMANU said:
there are only 3 tech teams for turkesstan, and if I get arsh-oda I gat 4 slots, is there any way I can get more tech teamns, at least to develop somth

Hmm.. I don't honestly know.. You could edit the files of course and thus get more teams..

Or.. You can petition the Kaiserreich Devs to put some more teams into their next patch, whenever that will be out.. ;)

Delex said:
That kinda describes it (more or less). A question why is Besarabia a part of Romania? Since it is common knowledge that it was seceded to Ukraine on 9.4.1918? And why do I have the strange felling, that the first world war, was a cheap rip off for the AH empire (They got decentralized, gained minimal and worthless lands (Except Warsaw (By the way shouldnt Poland fall under the German spheare of influance?) and Milan), Serbia is not their puppet and not even Ukraine but it should be, per the partition. I know the land was seceded to Germany, but AH would have probably gotten Ukraine anyway). Same in the Ottoman empire (They could atleast have 2 more puppets in the Caucasus if nothing more). And the strangest thing above all is, that Romania is bigger than it was before the war. Per what they have done, they should be even lucky that they survived.
Historically,Bessarabia was given to Romania by CPs in 1918,because it would probably be a puppet later.It is not a puppet though,to make the game more interesting.The same with the Caucasian states.

Doge Robert said:
Hmm.. I don't honestly know.. You could edit the files of course and thus get more teams..

Or.. You can petition the Kaiserreich Devs to put some more teams into their next patch, whenever that will be out.. ;)

uok, please kiserreich DEVS make at least 5 tech teams for each nation, to cover the possibility of it becoming a superpower :D
pleezee weezee with a little cherry on top

1. A question why is Besarabia a part of Romania? Since it is common knowledge that it was seceded to Ukraine on 9.4.1918?

Answer: In the power vaccum that followed the Russian Civil War and with Germany foccusing more in its sphere of intrest - Russia proper, Ukraine, Ruthenia, Baltics, Mittelafrika, support a destabilizieng Austria and thus the Ausgleich itself and building up the most powerfull navy and also let us not forget the Ostasiatische Allgemeine Gesellschaft which is sort of a German British East India Company - and also with Austria foccusing more on its next Ausgleich which ended nearly in a internal war with Hungary, the Balkans were more or less left for themselves.
Thus making the possiblity for Iron Guard Romania to grab Moldavia.

Edit: Not to mention the rise of syndalism in Germanys backyard.

2.And why do I have the strange felling, that the first world war, was a cheap rip off for the AH empire (They got decentralized, gained minimal and worthless lands (Except Warsaw (By the way shouldnt Poland fall under the German spheare of influance?) and Milan), Serbia is not their puppet and not even Ukraine but it should be, per the partition. I know the land was seceded to Germany, but AH would have probably gotten Ukraine anyway)

Answer: Ok, the Ausgleich event in 1927 nearly let to an internal war in AH, between Austria proper and its various minorities! Only with Germany intervention allowed AH to live on alas on a federated level. It is also in this Ausgleich event that Bohemia and Galicia were made autonomous states, much like Hungary but not nearly as equal - there still puppets.
Also the Küstenland was transferred to Hungary - ie. the Hungarian puppet Croatia!
Until the Ausgleich 1927 Ukraine was in fact under AH sphere - the King is still Austrian - but Germany toke over it.

3. Same in the Ottoman empire (They could atleast have 2 more puppets in the Caucasus if nothing more).

Answer: Ottoman ambitions collided with German intrests! Also let us not forget that it was German and Austrian Armies that had thrown the English out of Mesopotania and the Levant in 1919 and the early 1920s. And also the Ottoman have more problems bringing their rebellious arab population under control. The Germans aren't helping either since - giving Libya back - and backing Egypt. Also do not underestimate internal troubles, the Ottoman empire is still the sick man of europe, no kemalist reforms and economically the Germans controll most of the oil flow - conflicting intrest in Caucasus.
So in this state a Bolshevik Georgia is not out of the question.

Basically Germany functioned as a world police and leader of Mitteleuropa could only foccuse on really pressing matters and the rise of an Iron Guard was for a time more a blessing, since it curtails any syndicalist involment and establishment in the east. (Georgia is to far away!)
Also you have to take into account France and Britain and their dangerous ideas. So you see Germany is strong but it cannot be everywhere. And its meddling in Austrian politics caused more trouble than solving it.

And you should definitly visit Kaiserpedia! It has many information regarding the Weltkrieg, but basically all of it has been discused in our subforum before.

OK everything sounds more or less plausible, except the part with Besarabia. Per the Ahistory the war lasted till 1921. Till then Romania would remain under Austrian occupation and Ukraine would have the land for already 3 years (And would also be able to establish itself as a formidable force in the area). Even if Romania would become free directly after the war, they would not have the military strength, even to touch Ukraine. Second since Ukraine has fallen under the German sphere of influence, there would be no way the Romania would gain the territory (Which was never theirs). And third even if Romania is a part of the Balkans, Besarbia is no part of the Balkans. I will check the history out the history anyway.

ROMANU said:
uok, please kiserreich DEVS make at least 5 tech teams for each nation, to cover the possibility of it becoming a superpower :D
pleezee weezee with a little cherry on top

He he.. Another idea..

Why don't you ask in the main forums, if someone can make the code for a techteam or two, or as many as you need.. What you need to do, is find some good pictures for the teams, although you can, of course rip off some of the less distinctive ones from other nations (it would, of course, be immensely more cool, if you found some new ones, on the net and edited them to fit, but we're not everybody a photoexpert, no?. :)

I am sure there are some people out there, willing to help you out, although it may take a little time.. Then, when they are done, you can either ask in here, for the proper IDs to give these techteams and where to place them in the files or, if you know how to do this yourself, simply go ahead and do it.. ;)

Lastly, I will strongly suggest a few important things..

Make the teams plausible.. Do not make them into super-teams or give them all the various skills possible.. Give them a skill level of 3, perhaps 4 (maybe even a single 6, hey brilliance can be found anywhere).. And then two or three skills, which would fit naturally together..

Find a good name.. Perhaps it's a disgruntled bolshevik general, who's been exiled and now lives in retirement not too far from his former home?
(This could actually also give you a few lower-skilled generals, if you're a bit creative about it... ;) )

Perhaps, it's a company of cossack origin, comprising some know-how from the free men of the steppes?

Just be creative and remember to keep it plausible and believable.. and not too disturbing of the gaming experience.. ;)

If you go with the general idea, I'm certain you can find a couple of pics on the net, which could well do for a disgruntled soviet general or maybe an exiled Turk, who likes democracy and freedom of speech too much for the comfort of the Sultan.. ;) Then, simply ask if someone can help you re-size and re-texturise the pic, so it fits with the style and size of the other techteams..
Essentially, the idea is the same, if you use a company, although in that case, you could also design a logo yourself or ask someone for help on it..

The point is, that if you're willing to give this a bit of work and a deal of time, then people are usually also willing to help you with the skills of editing and programming you lack.. At least that's my experience.. :)

And finally and this might be the most important point... :)

If you make these new techteams well thought through, plausible, believable and if they add to the enjoyment of the game (at least when playing your nation), then I believe there might be a good possibility that the Kaiserreich Devs would be more than happy to include these teams in a future patch..

Particular since their end of the work involved would be absolutely minimal and thus it would not derive time from what else needs to be done.. ;)

At least, that's my two cents.. :)

Delex said:
OK everything sounds more or less plausible, except the part with Besarabia. Per the Ahistory the war lasted till 1921. Till then Romania would remain under Austrian occupation and Ukraine would have the land for already 3 years (And would also be able to establish itself as a formidable force in the area). Even if Romania would become free directly after the war, they would not have the military strength, even to touch Ukraine. Second since Ukraine has fallen under the German sphere of influence, there would be no way the Romania would gain the territory (Which was never theirs). And third even if Romania is a part of the Balkans, Besarbia is no part of the Balkans. I will check the history out the history anyway.

Well to be fair originally Besserbia or parts were parts of Galizien-Lodomeria! And also Ukraine, as our dear long lost leader Sarmatia envisioned!

But we changed it, due to two factors! 1. Romania was very, very quickly overrun in gameplay! 2. It was the weakest link in the Belgrad Pact (Serbia and Greece)

So we decided to give it to Romania, thus boosting it a bit! Anyway just envisioned Mankhovist Anarchist taking hold of Besserbia and with Ukraine Germany all having their own home trouble to solve the prob, thus leaving an Iron Guard Romania the opportunity to quash the insurgent and reclaim Besserbia!!

Well first, I don't why Romania could be the weakest link of the Belgrade pact, since all the time the 4th Balkan ends in the defeat for the Bulgarians. Currently Romania is the strongest link in the Belgrade pact (Industrially seen). The IC of Bulgaria would be the same, as the one of all the members of the Belgrade pact united, if Romania wouldn't have Besarabia (They have there 4 or 5 IC).

And the reason you have written is also not plausible. Lets say you have a puppet country which you want to annex one day, so it would become a home for your people, you would want the country as big as possible. Thats why you would also want that the country is kept in the form it is. Thats why there would be problems with defection, you would send the army and deal with the situation.

There is also no reason why Romania wouldn't be annexed by Hungary. I am not speaking about the AH empire, but about Hungary itself, which would be probably very eager to get its hands on it (But I do understand, that it is needed to balance the 4th Balkan war).

Here is a much better solution, but it would require to edit the Balkan. If Bulgaria would win WW1, they would surly demand the lands of Greater Bulgaria which were defined by the treaty of San Stefano in the year 1878. In the real history, the other "victorious" Balkan powers also got the lands which they considered a part of their Greater country. The Greeks were the only which didn't succeed in that, because they were defeated in the Gerek-Turk war. So here is a bit changed Balkans, which would be more plausible. Here Romania loses Besarabia, but Bulgaria also loses 3 provinces. It also makes much nicer borders, so the Balkans are a less of a mess.

A note. There is a grammar error in the Wiki Kaiserreich history. There it is written, that after too (it should be written two) offensives the Ottoman empire was pushed back.

Delex said:
Lets say you have a puppet country which you want to annex one day, so it would become a home for your people, you would want the country as big as possible. Thats why you would also want that the country is kept in the form it is. Thats why there would be problems with defection, you would send the army and deal with the situation.

You confuse two wars. WW1 was not about a Lebensraum for the German people, it was about the Platz an der Sonne. And Germany achieved that Place under the Sun, establishing a global colonial Empire to feed all of her imaginable ressource and economic needs.

Last edited:
Delex said:
Well first, I don't why Romania could be the weakest link of the Belgrade pact, since all the time the 4th Balkan ends in the defeat for the Bulgarians. Currently Romania is the strongest link in the Belgrade pact (Industrially seen). The IC of Bulgaria would be the same, as the one of all the members of the Belgrade pact united, if Romania wouldn't have Besarabia (They have there 4 or 5 IC).

And the reason you have written is also not plausible. Lets say you have a puppet country which you want to annex one day, so it would become a home for your people, you would want the country as big as possible. Thats why you would also want that the country is kept in the form it is. Thats why there would be problems with defection, you would send the army and deal with the situation.

There is also no reason why Romania wouldn't be annexed by Hungary. I am not speaking about the AH empire, but about Hungary itself, which would be probably very eager to get its hands on it (But I do understand, that it is needed to balance the 4th Balkan war).

Here is a much better solution, but it would require to edit the Balkan. If Bulgaria would win WW1, they would surly demand the lands of Greater Bulgaria which were defined by the treaty of San Stefano in the year 1878. In the real history, the other "victorious" Balkan powers also got the lands which they considered a part of their Greater country. The Greeks were the only which didn't succeed in that, because they were defeated in the Gerek-Turk war. So here is a bit changed Balkans, which would be more plausible. Here Romania loses Besarabia, but Bulgaria also loses 3 provinces. It also makes much nicer borders, so the Balkans are a less of a mess.

Sigh, now I wished Sarmatia was here to explain it all! Well I try my best, the original thoughts was that Bulgaria was supposed to have all their aims fullfilied and also be awarded with many more lands by Germany, sort of making all of its neighbors pariah states. The thought here was that with Bulgaria (bloated, yes) acting like a counter buffer to the Ottomans. You must also take into mind that this is Germany makeing the peace treaty, who has few knowledge of the Balkans (like me) and who wanted to punish Serbia.
So Serbia and Greece (whos King was very pro-German) was punished and stripped of most their lands. I think Serbia could count itself lucky not be asorbed by Austria, which is also for the better. The point is that Serbia and Greece must never again posed a treat to the CPs again - so giving lands to Bulgaria, who was betrayed by Serbia and Greece - is very pausible.

As a note: Yes, I agree that the Borders would look nice, but if I remember correctly I posed this question before to the original mod and he had some pausible arguments. And for the most part the original map will be preserved .

I've modified the Polish files (updated them with Galician minister and leaders). Tommorow I'll add pictures to the Galician events and post them on the main KR forum. Still, it seems my Firefox doesn't get well with the Kaiserreich forums - I can log in, but no "reply" button is displayed ;]

I'll try to do some research either into Greece or Hungary - those countries have the potential, but desperately need events.

Mishgan-I confuse nothing, you lack knowledge http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitteleuropa .

Zauberfloete-Well seen it realistically (Without any balance), Bulgaria would gain the lands of Greater Bulgaria, Montenegro and Serbia would be annexed by Austria and Romania by Hungary. Greece would lose its islands 99% sure and would A.)Be directly annexed by the ottomans or B.)Become an ottoman puppet or C.)Would be left alone with just territory loss.

Well its your mod, and I can just give prepositions. Well it would be atleast nice if there was a surrender event for the Balkan countries. Since it is just not realistic that Romania gains claims on all Bulgaria and Albania lol. There should be the Peace offer when capital falls and the Peace if Bulgaria is annexed (And then Serbia and Greece can kill each other because of Macedonia from the start lol).

Provinces with 2 lines are conflict areas.

Last edited:
There is a carve up treaty which covers most what you draw up! it gives cores for all the three members, so when they annexe Bulgaria it will be partioned nicely! :D I do not know if there are any post-war events (being only the graphic modder).

But feel free to drop by at forum and give your suggestion!

ROMANU said:
about turkestan' tech teams, that's not a problem as it has only kirgikistans's techteams, there is also turmenistan and uzbekistan, but I don't know how to take one tech team and put it in another nation
This should help you:
http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi2wiki/index.php/Modding_tech_teams
The file to copy to is teams_kyg.csv, and the ones to copy from is teams_uzb and _trk. Change the IDs to fit the existing sequence in kyg (11700 and onwards to 11702, your first added team should have the ID of 11703) and that should be it.

It's happened twice in this thread over the last two days that people have posted links to wikipedia pages that oppose rather than support their assertions, which is quite entertaining really.

Zauberfloete-As you say partitioned nicely, whatever lol...

Another screen shot, here I achieved total victory upon the entente in the WW1 mod (Total victory more or less). As you can see Besarabia is also here a part of Ukraine.

It depends on the event and since I do not code any events (I make model graphics), you should gave the event modders a look, its either a bug or the event didn't fired properly! But as I recall there are many events paths - so the one you pointed out is one of them - replay it if you want to, our contact the event makers and give them your findings! As our motto said "onwards and contribute"! So if this event is in anyway bugged post them on our bug report thread in the subforum, along your history files.

You should also take into mind that it is still BETA stage and not a full grown release yet, like 1914 mod - so some events will not fire and some have bugs - like the puppet France.

And with Besserbia, its 1914 mod and not Kaiserreich! But I think you should take your case to our subforum and to our Intregrators (Andromedos, Akira, etc.)!

Last edited:
Zauberflöte, let me say first that you have done a very good job answering questions for the last few pages. Thank you very much. :)

About Besarabia, while it being a romanian territory might not be 100% historical accurate, it for now fullfills it's purpose. I could add it to Ukraine, and give Romania some extra IC instead, but it's currently not a priority.

I'll check out the partition of Bulgaria events, maybe there's a bug in them. Btw, Bulgaria can win the fourth Balkan war, I've seen it happen several times.

About Portugal, there really should be an event if mainland Portugal is conquered. I'll add it to my to do list.

Turkestan techteams: Provide the teams and pictures, and I'll gladly put them into the Mod.