• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
blain said:
Ah, someone please help me. I want to play these amazing Alternative and Fantasy scenerios, but when I download the files I just recieve a "RAR" type form a data; of which I do not know how to load and play with Hearts of Iron II: Armagedon.
Uhm... Use WinRar to unpack it and then follow instructions?

Akira said:
UES is a tag from Armageddon and Global War is the Armageddon scenario. Have you installed Armageddon on your new computer?

That did work, and my game can now run (An error on the scenario popped up during loading though), only now the countries have reverted to Vanilla DD/ARGH colors, and most of them with regards to their names (IE Fentingen Republic now = Manchuko)? Any answers for this?

Wenselas said:
Alright Kaiserreich modders, got a query for you. I recently installed Kaiserreich on another computer, since I'll be taking this one to college and would like to continue doing various games with it there. Problem is, I'm running into a similar error that I did back when I first tried to DL Kaiserreich BIII.

The steps I took were naturally to download KRIV, install it, download the newest hotfix on the main page here, install that, and then take my saved games from one computer, and send them over via email to the other, and put them in, but not before activating the mod with JGSME.

The error screen I get is this

Hhhhh! :( The precedure (again!, sorry but I have repeated it to many times)

First off! Beta IV is now only for DD, but it works with ARMA!

So then first:

1. Install a clean DD or ARMA version

2. Patch it with 1.3 for DD or 1.2 for ARMA respectivly

3. Install KR and Hotfix and if you want the optional downloads you have two options here

a. Use JGSME (the best way)!
b. Unrar/unpack all files to a folder (called for example KR) make sure everything is properly extracted, then copy all files and paste it into the Doomsday directory

4. Play the game!!!!

Wenselas said:
That did work, and my game can now run (An error on the scenario popped up during loading though), only now the countries have reverted to Vanilla DD/ARGH colors, and most of them with regards to their names (IE Fentingen Republic now = Manchuko)? Any answers for this?

Is your HOI language english? Kaiserreich has only an english version!

Akira said:
You didn't install Armageddon OVER Kaiserreich, did you?

Ah geez ahaha, I did look and see if I had missed a patch, which I had, so I installed the 1.2 for Arma. Should I deactivate then reactivate Kaiserreich to get back the beloved Blue China?

Don't worry Zauberfloete, I did all that minus the 1.2 patch, I must have downloaded that but forgotten to actually put it into the game. And yeah, American here, so English.

Akira said:
Well, to be sure, you should reinstall everything from the beginning.

Deactivated and then Reactivated the Kaiserreich mod, everything's back to normal except for Lithuania which has changed to the Irish green, but I guess that was done just so that the Lithuanian/Hungarian border if it ever touched, was discernable.

Thanks for the help guys, now the AAR can go on!
emot-frogc00l.gif

Wenselas said:
Deactivated and then Reactivated the Kaiserreich mod, everything's back to normal except for Lithuania which has changed to the Irish green, but I guess that was done just so that the Lithuanian/Hungarian border if it ever touched, was discernable.

Thanks for the help guys, now the AAR can go on!
emot-frogc00l.gif

Ah, great!!! Now go enjoy it! :D

I'm going to write up an AAR for Kaiserreich and I would like to post an introduction to it, describing kaiserreich and the major changes from Vanilla Arma.

Is there somewhere I can extract the introductions to the major countries? That is, the introductions on each country, presented at country-selection?

Of course, if one of the esteemed developers of this most excellent of mods, would be willing to write an introduction of the mod and its major changes, I would be deeply honored and in said person's debt forever.. ;) ;) ;)
But although i could hope for such a miracle, I know it would be time-consuming and that no-one may necessarily have the time, nor inclination to do such a thing..

However, whomever may have ideas or suggestions for the introduction, shall be most welcome to put them forth, as I need all the help I can get in this endeavor..

In other words.. Please help.. :D

Just read the Kaiserpedia it's in my sig :D

That is very helpfull. Thank you :)

Although I still have to write up the actual introduction... Sigh.. :D

Oh and I've linked to the Wiki in my sig.. Hope you don't mind..

Btw.. I think I might have quite a bit of info on various subjects concerning russia (at least the Imperial one). I've been looking into many an information page on members of house Romanov, among quite a few other things.. Maybe I ought to write some of that into the Wiki.. Sigh.. More work.. :rofl:

Last edited:
Offcourse u can :p That will make more persons see it :D

Doge Robert said:
Thank you.. Post above edited btw..

Oh and btw.. JFYI.. That green text in your Sig is very hard to read..

We need as much help as we can get in the wiki :D It's allways fun :)

Yeah i know. And because it's hard to read people wanna know what it is so they will look even more :p Hehe

true, true.. I'll get to it, as soon as I'm started on the AAR..
I have far too much research to do yet, to take on another intensive project right now.. However, when I've actually started the story, research should slow down a little.. At least that's the reason why I'm doing so heavily on it right now..

Incidentally, that reminds me.. D'you know of any good sites, for WW2 pics?

Doge Robert said:
true, true.. I'll get to it, as soon as I'm started on the AAR..
I have far too much research to do yet, to take on another intensive project right now.. However, when I've actually started the story, research should slow down a little.. At least that's the reason why I'm doing so heavily on it right now..

Incidentally, that reminds me.. D'you know of any good sites, for WW2 pics?

Hmm. Not exactly but google is a good helper :p

Doge Robert said:
truly.. Maybe I ought to start a thread, for such links.. *musing*

Might be useful for other WritAARs in the future..

And certainly for me too.. :D

Sounds like a good idea. But remember no swastikas etc :)