• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
twcAxeman said:
I tryed that , but it ends up just running the normal game. Plus there are no new icons created in the mods folder.
Yes, it runs the normal HoI2. You just have to choose the Kaiserreich scenario from the scenario list.

USA victorious

Sorry if this has been asked before, but curious on why my tech teams and a democratic event hasnt kicked off...

I played as the US and recaptured all the rebel territories from the second Civil War, and have all of them back in the Union. However, I still am missing some of my big Tech Teams (Nofolk, Newport News, Oil...)...why? I kept New York but lost Nofolk and Newport, however, VA never went to the CVA, however, New York did join the CSA. I dont know if this is a bug or what, just a bit confused and I want my tech teams! :p

Also, MacArthor took over and now that the Civil War is over, wouldn't there be the option to bring back a democratic govt event? Not sure how that plays out, but during peacetime, Mac sucks.

Thanks for the help!

Crushwolf said:
Also, MacArthor took over and now that the Civil War is over, wouldn't there be the option to bring back a democratic govt event?
I concur. MacArthur only appears due to the civilian government being seen as too weak to handle the problems the USA is facing. I doubt the USA would enjoy being led by an autocratic MacArthur for extended periods of time.

Speaking of that, Paternal Autocracy should be renamed to Autocratic.

I guess it should be left to the player. All in all, it could be possible that seeing a second civil war in less than 100 years (which makes USA even less stable than Russia or France in Kaiserreich timeline), many people would abandon the ideals of democracy, hoping that MacArthur's junta preserves peace better than a republic.

Besides... Do you think that a guy who wanted to nuke China during OTL Korean War would simply resign from the highest post in the country? ;)

Jedrek said:
I guess it should be left to the player. All in all, it could be possible that seeing a second civil war in less than 100 years (which makes USA even less stable than Russia or France in Kaiserreich timeline), many people would abandon the ideals of democracy, hoping that MacArthur's junta preserves peace better than a republic.

Besides... Do you think that a guy who wanted to nuke China during OTL Korean War would simply resign from the highest post in the country? ;)
indeed but there should be some post war events

I'm playing as Canada. American civil war ended with whole USA as part of Canada :). Now it's 1940 and I've conquered Intaly (both Federation and Sicilies) - what can I do to unite Italy? If I release the Federation and start to give them southern provinces before I can transfer all of them there is an event about 2nd italian unification, but it gives no cores on the southern lands... Is modding revolt.txt the best thing to do?

Are there any event for former dominions of reforming the the empire if they conquer Britain and and some former colonies? To give the better tech teams, new name and similar stuff?

Im considering downloading Kaiserreich, and I would like to play with Canada, it would be very cool if I could unite all the dominions and colonies again, under direct rule.

@ Stefke - Events are the best thing in modding - a truth known since AGCEEP for EU2 had been released :)

Impressions from my third game (Qing); very nice country to play, especially the unification of China. However, I guess some events about possible Chinese expansion after the Empire is unified should be added - such as gaining cores on Tibet and Mongolia, creating a sphere of influence in Central Asia or competing with Japan or Russia in Siberia. Some naval techteams wouldn't hurt as well ;)

Now I'm playing as CSA. It's September 1938, USA (except for PSA, which declared neutrality) is under syndicalist control. Core-giving event had fired, but some provinces on Canadian and Californian borders, plus almost all of AUS territory weren't added. Bug or wad?

Also, I guess something should be done in India. Delhi wins almost every time, since Bengal is not given time to take advantage of its superior IC. Simmilarly the Federation, they rarely do anything but remain an easy prey for Delhi.

Jedrek said:

I agree, but changing the Autocratic Regime is extremely difficult...not something that could be successfully accomplished in the game framework. A handy event; keep the Junta or not, would be awesome (would have also liked the option to have a second Abe, but oh well).

My biggest gripe though, is the loss of some of the big Tech Teams. I lost my CV and Industrial Techteams plus a few others...not sure why they wouldnt come back after re-claiming and intergrating the rebellious states. Is this a bug or normal?

Thank you everybody for your continued interest in Kaiserreich!

I played as the US and recaptured all the rebel territories from the second Civil War, and have all of them back in the Union. However, I still am missing some of my big Tech Teams (Nofolk, Newport News, Oil...)...why? I kept New York but lost Nofolk and Newport, however, VA never went to the CVA, however, New York did join the CSA. I dont know if this is a bug or what, just a bit confused and I want my tech teams! :p

Have the techteams always been missing, or did they disappear when the second ACW kicked off?

Also, MacArthor took over and now that the Civil War is over, wouldn't there be the option to bring back a democratic govt event? Not sure how that plays out, but during peacetime, Mac sucks.
and
indeed but there should be some post war events

Additional American Postwar events are being worked on, and should be ready for the next version.

Speaking of that, Paternal Autocracy should be renamed to Autocratic.
Why should it be renamed?

I'm playing as Canada. American civil war ended with whole USA as part of Canada . Now it's 1940 and I've conquered Intaly (both Federation and Sicilies) - what can I do to unite Italy? If I release the Federation and start to give them southern provinces before I can transfer all of them there is an event about 2nd italian unification, but it gives no cores on the southern lands... Is modding revolt.txt the best thing to do?
Which event does fire? Can you provide a screenshot please?

Are there any event for former dominions of reforming the the empire if they conquer Britain and and some former colonies? To give the better tech teams, new name and similar stuff?
We are currently working on events for a Canadian conquest of Britain, including occupation events and new ministers and leaders for the UK.
Some sort of British Federation or an empire controlled directly by London is rather unlikely . The British dominions, especially Canada, Australasia, and Delhi have gained a large degree of independence since the British revolution.

Now I'm playing as CSA. It's September 1938, USA (except for PSA, which declared neutrality) is under syndicalist control. Core-giving event had fired, but some provinces on Canadian and Californian borders, plus almost all of AUS territory weren't added. Bug or wad?
Please provide a list of provinces missing the cores, and also the name of the event in question.
The more information you guys give us, the better our bugfixing will be!

Also, I guess something should be done in India. Delhi wins almost every time, since Bengal is not given time to take advantage of its superior IC. Simmilarly the Federation, they rarely do anything but remain an easy prey for Delhi.
The problem is that Delhi has the support of the Entente, and their airforces. The Federation and Bengal are on their own for the most part. We'll see about giving the conflict more balance.

Andromedos said:
Why should it be renamed?
Paternal Autocracy seems odd as a way to describe all autocrats. What if the ruler happens to be female? Also, not every autocrat had a personality cult where they were recognized as "father of the nation" or whatever. Considering that it seems only absolute monarchies and military leaders get this, it should be renamed. (Plus you renamed basically everything else)

Mrdie said:
Paternal Autocracy seems odd as a way to describe all autocrats. What if the ruler happens to be female? Also, not every autocrat had a personality cult where they were recognized as "father of the nation" or whatever. Considering that it seems only absolute monarchies and military leaders get this, it should be renamed. (Plus you renamed basically everything else)

'Paternalism' have little to do with 'fathers'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paternalism

And its not even 'Paternal Autocrat' in this mod IIRC.

Last edited:
General_Grant said:
And its not even 'Paternal Autocrat' in this mod IIRC.
It is. But I stand corrected on the paternal bit. :eek:

Delex said:
Just a thing wouldn't it be cool if Hitler would be a military leader in the mod and the had of the state if the country gets national populist.

We decided not to use any major persons from otl ww2.

Delex said:
So rommel is no major person? Com on this would be very cool if guys which were ministers in ww2 would meet on the battlefield as generals. Stalin for Russia, Churchill for united kingdom and Hitler for Germany.

If you want it you can modify it yourself because that will probably not happen.

Delex said:
So rommel is no major person? Com on this would be very cool if guys which were ministers in ww2 would meet on the battlefield as generals. Stalin for Russia, Churchill for united kingdom and Hitler for Germany.

Would be horrible. Hitler already have his own place in Kaiserreich.

There is not even an 'United Kingdom' in this mod. Go get informations first.

Last edited:
General_Grant said:
Would be horrible. Hitler already have his own place in Kaiserreich.
And thank God it isn't the pro-wrestling place anymore. :wacko: