• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I could make a chain of events uniting scandinavia?

I was thinking about an event where the US invokes the Monroe Doctorine when N. America, S. America or the Carribean

I could also make an event where Japan takes over the US pacific possesions

Instead of the Carribean Fed. Maybe the US should control them?

Are there any plans for commies in S. America? Commie Brazil would be cool

Given the small size of the Japanese land army potential at that time (Given that this could happen as early as September 1936) and that their navy is quite small compared to Germany's I think they would be more cautious. To risk a full scale war would risk a much larger contingent being sent to Asia by Germany whereas their existing Asiatic fleet could be dealt with easily. Given misgivings many admirals had about attacking the US due to its fleet size and industrial capacity in '41 when the navy was much stronger I don't know if they would risk a much wider war. I see it more that Germany would lose alot of influence in the area (IE - garuntees of independance would be lost on Siam and the Chinese Empires). Japan would consolidate their hold on the Phillipines and prepare it as a base for their furhter expansion. Of course, they would then view German interests in the area with contempt after that. Thats my 2 cents

In some ways yes you're right and in truth the ai_chances are the thing most likely to be changed in these events, as really they'll need a lot of actual play-testing to get it right.

However if you do the maths, there's only a 12.92% chance overall of a Sino-German war, assuming all countries are AI controlled. That isn't really that high a chance. Moreover, the plan eventually (if I rember correctly) is that Germany will have started suffering economic difficulties, possibly accompanied by political tensions, by the time these events trigger. As a result the Japanese General Staff (or equivalent) could feel that they could take Germany on as a result. This is especially so when you consider that Germany itself is half way round the world. They may even gamble that if they go to war other nations may support them in order to reverse their own losses.

Again though it is a debatable issue and you may turn out to be right.

And Sarmatia, I'll leave the peace treaties alone for now then. Not sure what I'll try next - possibly go back to doing a few country descriptions, or maybe events about the USA's civil war directly and its international impact rather than its impact on its puppets.

Resource report 1
Transamur
starting energy = 1000 day 1 = 82 change = -12
starting metal = 1000 day 1 = 93 change = -12
starting rare = 500 day 1 = 96 change = -6
starting oil = 500 day 1 = 100 change = -1
Sudan
starting energy = 1000 day 1 - 95 change = -8
starting metal = 1000 day 1 = 97 change = -5
starting rare = 1000 day 1 = 98 change = -2.4
starting oil = 1000 day 1 = 100 change = 0

How about this for the French OOB:

Grand Quartier Général (Paris)
GQG - HQ [Model 0]

Armée Populaire [All Model 0 unless otherwise stated]

Réserve de GQG (Paris)
1re Division Cuirassée de Réserve - Armored [Model 1]
2e Division Cuirassée de Réserve - Armored [Model 1]

Ire Corps d'Armée (motorisé) (Amiens)
3e Division Cuirassée de Réserve - Armored [Model 1]
1re Division Légère Mécanique - Motorized
2e Division Légère Mécanique - Motorized

IIe Corps d'Armée (motorisé) (Auxerre)
4e Division Cuirassée de Réserve - Armored [Model 1]
3e Division Légère Mécanique - Motorized
4e Division Légère Mécanique - Motorized

IIIe Corps d'Armée (Cholet)
1re Division d'Infanterie - Inf
2e Division d'Infanterie - Inf

IVe Corps d'Armée (Marseilles)
3e Division d'Infanterie - Inf
5e Division d'Infanterie - Inf

Ve Corps d'Armée (Mulhouse)
4e Division d'Infanterie - Inf
6e Division d'Infanterie - Inf

VIe Corps d'Armée (motorisé) (Lille)
5e Division Cuirassée de Réserve - Armored [Model 1]
5e Division Légère Mécanique - Motorized
6e Division Légère Mécanique - Motorized

VIIe Corps d'Armée (Bordeaux)
1e Regiment de Parachutistes [50% strength]
1e Regiment de Marins [50% strength]
7e Division Légère Mécanique - Motorized

VIIIe Corps d'Armée (Nice)
1e Division Légère de Chasseurs - Mtn
2e Division Légère de Chasseurs - Mtn

---------------------------

Garde Nationalé [All Model 0 unless otherwise stated, all mobilizied via events, all appear in Paris]

IXe Corps d'Armée
7e [GN] Division d'Infanterie - Inf
10e [GN] Division d'Infanterie - Inf

Xe Corps d'Armée
8e [GN] Division d'Infanterie - Inf
9e [GN] Division d'Infanterie - Inf

XIe Corps d'Armée
11e [GN] Division d'Infanterie - Inf
12e [GN] Division d'Infanterie - Inf

XIIe Corps d'Armée
13e [GN] Division d'Infanterie - Inf
14e [GN] Division d'Infanterie - Inf

XIIIe Corps d'Armée
15e [GN] Division d'Infanterie - Inf
16e [GN] Division d'Infanterie - Inf

XIVe Corps d'Armée
17e [GN] Division d'Infanterie - Inf
18e [GN] Division d'Infanterie - Inf

XVe Corps d'Armée
19e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil
20e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil

XVIe Corps d'Armée
21e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil
22e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil

XVIIe Corps d'Armée
23e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil
24e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil

XVIIIe Corps d'Armée
25e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil
26e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil

XIXe Corps d'Armée
27e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil
28e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil

XXe Corps d'Armée
29e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil
30e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil

XXIe Corps d'Armée
31e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil
32e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil

XXIIe Corps d'Armée
33e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil
34e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil

XXIIIe Corps d'Armée
35e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil
36e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil

XXIVe Corps d'Armée
37e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil
38e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil

XXVe Corps d'Armée
39e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil
40e Cohortes d'Patrie - Mil

CCurio said:
Okay, I'll see what I can do with the symbols.

Here is what I have on theoretical level done of the french tree...the basic idea is combined arms attacks with unwashed infantry hordes holding the back line or engacing in wide front attacks, hoping to cause unbearable strain on the enemy...

Cool, sounds pretty reasonable - But, before any testing and implementation can be done, we need exact numbers of what the effects of each of these would be!

Seylanov said:
One more thing: a lot of countries (especially Hapsburg puppets) have 0 Ic out of whatever.
There should be some trade deals in place to fix this, becasue Hungary is wasting it's IC because of what I'm assuming is lack of resources.

Known issue being looked into - will have to be sorted out by a combination of resource trades being put up, changing certain province resource production values, and giving some countries offmap resources via event...

hammerfalls said:
One of the changes in history is that after England claimed the eastern half of Australia, France grabbed the western half and established the colony of Australie. I have created this as a breakaway state where the democratic members of the French government flee. I was condsidering making breakaway states in the caribbean and Madagascar as well. I was going to keep my format of a French Civil War between Fascists and Communists. But anyhting you have will be incorparated into these breakaway states.

Interesting - what period are you putting all these changes into?

I also believe that the Orleanist regime (1830-48) was very very interested in acquiring New Zealand, so this could be another possibility to look at...

Codeman said:
I could make a chain of events uniting scandinavia?

I was thinking about an event where the US invokes the Monroe Doctorine when N. America, S. America or the Carribean

I could also make an event where Japan takes over the US pacific possesions

Instead of the Carribean Fed. Maybe the US should control them?

Are there any plans for commies in S. America? Commie Brazil would be cool

Lets see: United Scandinavia is being planned, but the event chain is likely to be quite complex - I believe CCurio outlined one possible chain for this some time after the first alpha release -> So, check about 10-20 pages back for this....

Monroe Doctrine effects would be pretty much covered by US guarantees over South America, so no events really necessary there -> although there should probably be one so that they lose these guarantees once they get into a major political crisis....

I was planning on giving Brazil the option of going either Syndicalist, Integralist or remain a Republic some time in 1936 -> So some sort of domestic event chain here would be quite good.

Basically, the main plan for event-creation at the moment is to work out the initial domestic policy (eg. government changes, reaction to economic slump, foreign policy stance...) events for the first couple of years for most of the countries. Once these are done, or at least worked out, then the more complicated, interrelated and (probably!) AI-based foreign policy events would be built around these...

Exterous said:
Resource report 1
Transamur
starting energy = 1000 day 1 = 82 change = -12
starting metal = 1000 day 1 = 93 change = -12
starting rare = 500 day 1 = 96 change = -6
starting oil = 500 day 1 = 100 change = -1
Sudan
starting energy = 1000 day 1 - 95 change = -8
starting metal = 1000 day 1 = 97 change = -5
starting rare = 1000 day 1 = 98 change = -2.4
starting oil = 1000 day 1 = 100 change = 0

Many thanks! Keep this sort of stuff coming, as it's extremely useful!

Timotheos said:
However if you do the maths, there's only a 12.92% chance overall of a Sino-German war, assuming all countries are AI controlled. That isn't really that high a chance. Moreover, the plan eventually (if I rember correctly) is that Germany will have started suffering economic difficulties, possibly accompanied by political tensions, by the time these events trigger. As a result the Japanese General Staff (or equivalent) could feel that they could take Germany on as a result. This is especially so when you consider that Germany itself is half way round the world. They may even gamble that if they go to war other nations may support them in order to reverse their own losses.

Again though it is a debatable issue and you may turn out to be right.

And Sarmatia, I'll leave the peace treaties alone for now then. Not sure what I'll try next - possibly go back to doing a few country descriptions, or maybe events about the USA's civil war directly and its international impact rather than its impact on its puppets.

Yes, I'd imagine a surprise Japanese attack on Germany could be possible, reflecting an attempt to make a repeat performance of the Russo-Japanese War, but on a much large scale. However, it wouldn't be too likely (12.5% sounds about right...), as there would be a huge amount of risk involved!

As for stuff to do, country descriptions are great - check the .doc file in the 'Things to be Looked At' folder in the Alpha release for what's already been done or needs revising. And for events, other foreign reactions to the American Civil War would be very useful (eg. direct intervention/claim seizure for Canada and Mexico, ideological powers sending supplies and volunteers, and Japanese protection over California....).

Another thing I'd eventually want to do is to have some events reflecting the internal politics within the various new American states, both during and after the war - so if anyone has any ideas for this, that would be very good.

Berlichingen said:
How about this for the French OOB:

Looks quite good - I just need to make some changes/corrections to some of the names.

What sort of events do you suggest for the mobilisation? I believe CORE-style ones were mentioned, but I still haven't had a chance to test this out properly.

The only thing I'm thinking is that it may be difficult for AI France to defend its borders properly - it's likely to waste the elite starting units by dispersing them along the frontiers the first couple of weeks! So, it may be an idea to replace some of the generated militia units with garrisons on the frontiers from the game start...

Sarmatia1871 said:
Looks quite good - I just need to make some changes/corrections to some of the names.

What sort of events do you suggest for the mobilisation? I believe CORE-style ones were mentioned, but I still haven't had a chance to test this out properly.

The only thing I'm thinking is that it may be difficult for AI France to defend its borders properly - it's likely to waste the elite starting units by dispersing them along the frontiers the first couple of weeks! So, it may be an idea to replace some of the generated militia units with garrisons on the frontiers from the game start...
Actually, CORE has Reserve Divisions which aren't as weak as militia but no as strong as infantry, especially not against planes or tanks. :)

I think I also suggested replacing some of the militia with garrison divsions for border duties, so idea sounds good to me. :p

EDIT: Yeah, the doctrines are largely on an idea phase right now...

Okay...here it is...

...the symbol of syndicalist revolution...

...BEHOLD!

syndwheel_br.png

THE TORCH AND THE HAMMER! :eek:

I also made Centroamerica flag with it.

centroamerica.png

CCurio said:
Ooo, thank T, but I'm not sure if it was needed as it was more of a generic demonstration of the symbol than anything else. Still, it can be perhaps used for the SCW anarchists...maybe.

Thats Ok :) It just looked COOL, so I felt inspired to get PSP open . . . Hey, and it helped someone else in the request qeue . . .because as long as I was PSPing I did their request quick as well, so it worked out for everyone :D

T-hiddemen said:
Thats Ok :) It just looked COOL, so I felt inspired to get PSP open . . . Hey, and it helped someone else in the request qeue . . .because as long as I was PSPing I did their request quick as well, so it worked out for everyone :D
Well, I think the lower flag, the Centroamerica one needs to be done... :)

Also, SCW = Spanish Civil War.