• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay, I just rolled over Germany as the CSA some interesting things to note.

There is one big if: If the CSA joins the Syndicalists then you have the Super Power US easily smashing the Germans. I'm not sure if there is something that can be done to protract that war a bit, but France can more than hold their own and once the US starts smashing Germany is done. I, as the CSA, might have gotten draw into that conflict quickly, as I in selecting an event option didn't know that I'd be entering into an immediate alliance with the Commune.

The Baltic State folds into Germany in September of 41 (at least in my game) and for some reason Jekabpils becomes a British province.

SCRATCH THIS I LACK PATIENCE:The German Capitulation event fires: My result was Capitulate and annex Mittelafrika, but nothing happened. Why aren't I somehow involved in helping to split up Germany into smaller states?

I think VPs need to be revisited to establish theatres of conflict: Why are the (otherwise insignificant) islands in the Pacific on which large battles were fought in OTL still important?

Last edited:
Just finished a World War with the US:
Civil war, got Mac Arthur. The Entente (thanks God!) comes to help me, therefore war broke out against the whole syndicalists.
By the end of 1941, I finished the war by conquering britain. I gave to Canada the British Isles, but nothing (on contrary to France): no event adding cores or whatever...
WAD? Or do I miss a trigger?

Emp_Palpatine said:
Just finished a World War with the US:
Civil war, got Mac Arthur. The Entente (thanks God!) comes to help me, therefore war broke out against the whole syndicalists.
By the end of 1941, I finished the war by conquering britain. I gave to Canada the British Isles, but nothing (on contrary to France): no event adding cores or whatever...
WAD? Or do I miss a trigger?
Those events aren't done yet, and will be added in, uhm, either the next version or the version after that (can't quite remember right now).

Just played a game as Canada with the new version -- it's coming along great! I very much like the American Civil War, very cool. A few things to note:

1) In this game, the Syndicalists won the civil war in Spain-- and when France began the war with Germany, the event fired for Spain to side with France. But nothing happened. Looking in the event code, I notice that it is trying to fire an event for France (that actually creates the alliance) but the event # is wrong.

2) Japan and Transamur allied with Mongolia in its war against Siberia and Russia (Siberia had been released as a puppet by event). After gaining some significant territory, Russia fired an event that said something along the lines of "Bah! Let them have their frozen wasteland!" The only thing was that they gained none of Siberia's territory at all, it all went back to Status Quo. I assume it was because Russia fired the event and not Siberia, but perhaps I am wrong. Is this WAD?

3) As Canada I stepped in and grabbed both Alaska and New England during the American Civil War. I pummelled the CAS until they gave me everything east of Chicago, and then the USA finished them off. After the Civil War was over, I had the option to keep Alaska -- but not New England. That was a bit jarring. It seemed to me that some kind of event was needed there, or at least a "thank you" for protecting New England gratis, geez.

The USA also didn't seem to mind that I still held the territory I had annexed from the CSA, which included Detroit and New York City. Not sure if that's something you can deal with as it's obviously land I got from "another country", but it seems to me the USA would object to this rather strenuously.

4) Even though I declared war on the CAS and was at +200 relations to the USA I never had a chance to ally with them. Is this normal? I suspect it's because I already had allies and the USA is an "alliance leader", but it does seem a bit strange that they would look on Canada intervening as anything but a good thing. Is there no alliance that could be created by event? I wonder, too, if it's because I picked "grab New England" and not "go to war with CSA" when the event came around. I just wasn't ready for war at the time.

5) Germany conquered all of France and then elected to set it up as a puppet state. The event didn't work, however -- no nation was released. Not sure why that happened.

6) At the end of May 1936 there are two events which can occur for Canada that determine whether the Bill (I forget the name) gets passed or not. Unfortunately for me it seems that about 75% of the time when one fires so does the other. You see both the "Bill Passed!" screen as well as the "Bill Killed in the House of Lords!"... though I'm not sure the second actually takes effect. Even so, it might not be a bad idea to stagger these events by a day or maybe put a NOT check to see if the other event has fired.

Still... pure awesome all around. Kudos to the team.

Thanks for the bug and game reports everybody!

Red Boxer said:
The Baltic State folds into Germany in September of 41 (at least in my game) and for some reason Jekabpils becomes a British province.

SCRATCH THIS I LACK PATIENCE:The German Capitulation event fires: My result was Capitulate and annex Mittelafrika, but nothing happened. Why aren't I somehow involved in helping to split up Germany into smaller states?

I think VPs need to be revisited to establish theatres of conflict: Why are the (otherwise insignificant) islands in the Pacific on which large battles were fought in OTL still important?

Jekaplis: Stange, I could find nothing about this in the eventfiles. Germany annexed the Baltic Dutchy, you said?

Dividing up Germany is pretty much France's job, since they lead the alliance.

Which VPs are you refering to? I removed the American Pacific Island VPs, except for Pearl Harbour and the Panama Canal.

Firstly, a great mod.

Well, im playing as Union of Britain, year is 1937. Relations with Commune of France are +200, but still change to join their alliance is 0. What´s the problem? Thanks.

Kimppis said:
Firstly, a great mod.

Well, im playing as Union of Britain, year is 1937. Relations with Commune of France are +200, but still change to join their alliance is 0. What´s the problem? Thanks.
Well, you're government type might be wrong or you are too isolationist.

Kimppis said:
Firstly, a great mod.

You'll get in via event, don't worry mate :)

Red Boxer said:

Well, if you are playing the version that includes my german settlers chain for VBH, then it is normal for the AI VBH to be annexed into Germany somewhere in between 41-45. The AI will follow an integrationist path, whilst the player can have the choice in between status quo and emancipation towards the end of the chain.

However, it is not normal for Jekavpils to become British :confused: The GER annexation is done through an inherit command, so VBH can't cede anything to the Brits.

But it's been a while since I've done the chain and had to retire due to RL reasons and since then an epic event chain has been written by another modder for Lithuania, where VBH is concerned and can actually turn into a native-run Baltic Federation. So if there are "secede" commands in that chain, maybe a tag was misplaced somewhere.

But if GER annexed VBH, then I guess the default chain worked and then I have just typed out close to four paragraphs for pretty much nothing as I have no answer to the implied question. :wacko:

So I installed the game, and I can play everything EXCEPT the Kaiserreich Scenario, it gives some "Home Guard-Defense Border" error...

What have I done wrong?

Guess it's my turn to say something nice - the mod is great! :)

I'm currently playing as Russia and I'm pleasantly surprised by the freedom given to the player. In vanilla HoI2 it was quite difficult to, for example, join the Axis as Turkey withou usin cheats. Here, playing as Russia, I've already managed to set up a Russio-Bulgo-Egypt alliance that survived the Fourth Balkan War (It was quite a situation - Greece and Serbia occupied much of Bulgaria, while the Bulgarians invaded Romania. When the Greeks sunbathed in Sophia, tsar Ferdinand entered Bucharest... And the Serbs sued for a white peace. Why not?), kicked Turkey's ass and is currently building up the Okhotsk naval base in preparation to wipe this treacherous "admiral" Kolchak and his pathetic Asian allies...

BTW, when is world war II scheduled to fire? France has demanded Geneve and recieved the province, CSA is ready to crush PSA, Canada went to war with Britain over Iceland, Delhi unified the Indian Penisula and the Qing Empire has been divided between Mongolia and the cliques... When the true mayhem begins? ;)

Jedrek said:
Guess it's my turn to say something nice - the mod is great! :)

BTW, when is world war II scheduled to fire? France has demanded Geneve and recieved the province, CSA is ready to crush PSA, Canada went to war with Britain over Iceland, Delhi unified the Indian Penisula and the Qing Empire has been divided between Mongolia and the cliques... When the true mayhem begins? ;)

It can fire many times just if one of the parts chooses the right path. But after a while it will happen =) Just wait and see.

1940 has begun... After realising the Chinese have quite a lot of divisions and that my air force sucks, I decided to revert to some nicer ways of spending free time. My Egiptian allies want Jerusalem - why not give them a chance and whack the Turks one more time? ^^

BTW, I've examined the Russian model names... And I guess some types SHOULD definately be renamed. My ideas are:

CLIV - Potemkin (instead of Chapayev)
CAI - Kavkaz (instead of Krasni Kavkaz)
CAII - Ural (instead of Kirov)
BBV - Kerensky (instead of Sovetsky Soyuz)

Jedrek said:
BTW, I've examined the Russian model names... And I guess some types SHOULD definately be renamed. My ideas are:

CLIV - Potemkin (instead of Chapayev)
CAI - Kavkaz (instead of Krasni Kavkaz)
CAII - Ural (instead of Kirov)
BBV - Kerensky (instead of Sovetsky Soyuz)

If u have more ideas you could make an account in the Kaiserreich forums.

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kaiserreich/index.php?act=idx

Well, the Germans did have Bismarck and Tirpitz battleships. More, I've already built two BBIVs and I noticed they bear names Imperator Alexander II and Ekaterina II, so I guessed that a battleship batch named after a great president of the Republic would fit.