• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey, I really like Beta IV. One question though: in the changelog it says that there are new domestic events for France. However, I don't see any in the game, and neither can I find any in the files. :confused:

Jacob XVI said:
Hey, I really like Beta IV. One question though: in the changelog it says that there are new domestic events for France. However, I don't see any in the game, and neither can I find any in the files. :confused:

The new domestic events are for national France, not the Commune.

We'll try to further improve the AI in the next versions.

National France has a surrender event in case it holds all of the french motherland. British surrender events to Canada have not been written yet, but we hope to add them in BetaV.

Thanks for your support and bug reports, everybody!

wow

This is one great and very time consuming mod. I am currently playing as the USA, dissent reached 90% and everything fell apart. Revolts everywhere, war everywhere, at the start getting my butt kicked. Somehow got Mexico and Union of Britian to form an alliance with what was left of the usa. The USA is in for very bad times. This is a great mod.

I really do love this mod. It is a very creative and well thought out. I really do enjoy playing as Russia they seem to be the Last possible democratic country in Europe (if you go that way) Keep up the great work.

This is perhaps not a proper bug, but Republican China and Algostasien signed a peace treaty after the Wushan (sp) rebellion, leaving Rep. China with that 12-IC province in Guangxi. Is this WAD?

Whatsmore, Japan and Germany are now at (and have been for several months) war over the Phillipines, with Algostasien staying neutral. Would Japan really avoid attacking the German-controlled corporate state in such a situation?

And finally, CNT-FAI secured control of the Spanish possessions overseas, right next to both Germany's and National France's, without the latter two countries doing anything about it.

Philabos: What revolt events are you refering to? I'm not really sure what you mean.

fmac: Thank you. The USA are allied with Britain and Mexico? Is Jack Reed currently the president?

GermanWehrmacht; Thank you.

Eams: Good suggestions, I'll see about them. Which province did Repulican China control?

The new American Civil War is fun, still needs more drag out smash'em up battle good time fun though.

I opted slide in as the Syndicalists at first chance and smashed the US nicely (they gave up too easily I think, but then again they were getting chewed up by the Union, the Pacs and me), then after quickly reforming my troops I went to town on the Union. During the process of the wars the Canadians occupied New England, and Alaska.
After completing the war, I demand Alaska back and the Canadians said, nope... and I am stuck with no further recourse, shouldn't I be able to DoW via a further event in that chain? And also after the war I got events telling me I've brought occupied areas into the fold of the CSA, which is fine, but I also got New England out of the deal, as in the Canucks just handed it over to me. Hehe... suckers. :)

Oh, and Asia is a fantastic mess! Soviet Russia has emerged, Mongolia and Tibet are beating up the Qing and the Siberians (who the Soviets released and went to war with). The Don-Kuban Union took out Ulan Ude.

Oh, and is the CSA not supposed to start with any ship techs? If Rickover is going to be an Admiral in 36, he might as well be a tech team too, no?

I'm not sure if any of this has been covered elsewhere... but I didn't look, so I'm sorry if it was. Now I have to go to sleep so I can get up in a few hours.

*grumble*grumble* stupid kaiserreich...

Red Boxer said:
The new American Civil War is fun, still needs more drag out smash'em up battle good time fun though.

I opted slide in as the Syndicalists at first chance and smashed the US nicely (they gave up too easily I think, but then again they were getting chewed up by the Union, the Pacs and me), then after quickly reforming my troops I went to town on the Union. During the process of the wars the Canadians occupied New England, and Alaska.
After completing the war, I demand Alaska back and the Canadians said, nope... and I am stuck with no further recourse, shouldn't I be able to DoW via a further event in that chain? And also after the war I got events telling me I've brought occupied areas into the fold of the CSA, which is fine, but I also got New England out of the deal, as in the Canucks just handed it over to me. Hehe... suckers. :)

Oh, and Asia is a fantastic mess! Soviet Russia has emerged, Mongolia and Tibet are beating up the Qing and the Siberians (who the Soviets released and went to war with). The Don-Kuban Union took out Ulan Ude.

Oh, and is the CSA not supposed to start with any ship techs? If Rickover is going to be an Admiral in 36, he might as well be a tech team too, no?

I'm not sure if any of this has been covered elsewhere... but I didn't look, so I'm sorry if it was. Now I have to go to sleep so I can get up in a few hours.

*grumble*grumble* stupid kaiserreich...

Uh there should be the new teams in Beta IV... you must have an old version or something. They should have Hugh Mulzac. He isn't great but he's better than nothing.

Andromedos said:
fmac: Thank you. The USA are allied with Britain and Mexico? Is Jack Reed currently the president?

John Nance Garner is currently president. I have a very small navy, 2 CV, 2 BB, 2 CA, and some smaller units. Is this how it is supposed to be? Mexico is getting beat back by PSA, the CSA is pushing south, AUS is pushing north, and the USA is trying to regroup.

freetup said:
Uh there should be the new teams in Beta IV... you must have an old version or something. They should have Hugh Mulzac. He isn't great but he's better than nothing.

I can assure you that I don't, I downloaded Beta IV just earlier that night.

There are other new teams, just not one which is good for Carrier Doctrine, but my comment wasn't about tech teams, but the techs themselves.

I start with no Ship building technologies.

There is also a ghost fleet which I think I acquired from the AUS which is stuck in the middle of Africa, which is it claiming is New York or something like that.

Andromedos said:
Eams: Good suggestions, I'll see about them. Which province did Repulican China control?
Guangzhou (#1313), with 12 IC, 10 metal, 21 energy, 5 rares and 17 MP.

Two odd happenings:
*Guinea revolted not long after the Tuaregs. They were then roundly beaten, stripped off all provinces (back to Nat. France)but their capital, and made a puppet of Canada. It was a bit surprising, but kind of neat to see the AI acting like an exploiting player, taking advantage of those 6 offmap IC that Guinea's got like that.

*National populist Weissruthenien got re-admitted to the Axis in June/July of 38.

I hope that none of the above have been reported before.

Short report on the ACW:
USA and the CSA are still both fighting as off late July 1938, while AUS were annexed by the US in May. Current IC-status is about 30 for the CSA and roughly 40 for the US. Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania have been occupied and counteroccupied again and again, and even Chicago fell to the US at one point. It's a chaotic little Civil War that they've got going on.

Red Boxer said:
I can assure you that I don't, I downloaded Beta IV just earlier that night.

There are other new teams, just not one which is good for Carrier Doctrine, but my comment wasn't about tech teams, but the techs themselves.

I start with no Ship building technologies.

There is also a ghost fleet which I think I acquired from the AUS which is stuck in the middle of Africa, which is it claiming is New York or something like that.

Gotcha, you get a good carrier team later. I will look at adding some techs to the CSA there.

Great!

Also, shouldn't the CSA have their own model names? :) They could start off with some US and Commune of France models, then go off on their own.

Eams said:
This is perhaps not a proper bug, but Republican China and Algostasien signed a peace treaty after the Wushan (sp) rebellion, leaving Rep. China with that 12-IC province in Guangxi. Is this WAD?
Maybe we need to add in a regular_id to the Republican so there will not be a peace treaty..... fight to the death (which is almost always a Rep loss)

Eams said:
And finally, CNT-FAI secured control of the Spanish possessions overseas, right next to both Germany's and National France's, without the latter two countries doing anything about it.
Yeah I know I need to do that..... I've written up an event for Mittleafrika getting Bata - now I need to finish the rest

Thegreatplant said:
Yeah I know I need to do that..... I've written up an event for Mittleafrika getting Bata - now I need to finish the rest
Well good luck to you then :)

Red Boxer said:
Great!

Also, shouldn't the CSA have their own model names? :) They could start off with some US and Commune of France models, then go off on their own.

Download the optional 'model images package' it should have CSAish names and models!!

The model images are neat, the first two 'naming issues' links don't work for me though. :(