• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lord Salerne said:
Before extracting the kaiserreich mod, i copied my doomsday folder so that i can play both the vanilla doomsday and kaiserreich mod at the same time. I am using JGSME, i activated the mod by using it. I didn't encounter any problems while i was copying doomsday. I guessed that was enough to understand that a file has copy-protection. It seems i was wrong. How can i learn that a file has copy protection?
I am sorry for taking your time. Thanks for the SCW link.

Mark the flies, then click the right button on your mouse, then selectproperties. There you can switch off the copy protection for files.

Jan Skrzetuski said:
Hi, guys - it's me again. I'm trying to make a brand new set of EU3 shields and flags for Kaiserreich (some of the old ones are not really well made), but there is one problem - I can't find source images for AUS and UoB flags anywhere... :( Does anyone have them?

Sorry, I don't know where these could be located, thex were made before I joined the team. You could have a look around this topic, or maybe send a PM to Sarmatia1871, maybe he still has them.

Earth's Savior said:
How do you install this mod? It just ends up as a file on my desktop that I can't do anything with....

Download JSGME, put it into the Doomsday folder. Put the Kaiserreich files into a folder called MODS, put this folder in the Doomsday folder. Then use JSGME.

Nicophorus said:
How soon untill the next version? I want to play again, but the previous version had alot of issues (biggest one being USA cvil war would never fire..)

It will be done when it's done. We're currently putting a lot of work into improving the balance, fixing bugs, and adding new content. Give us a bit more time, and we'll try to get a result as good as possible.

whats the latest version?, is it playable?

Error message while loading savegame <-- Never mind

EDIT: aaaw this sucks that my first post is so pointless. I found the solution two pages before my post :p

Hi everyone,

first I'd like to thank everyone of the Kaiserreich Team for their great mod and their ongoing support.

When I installed the mod everything worked all right (my version is DD 1.3a btw), now I noticed that some of my savegames won't load.
Regardless of the country I load those savegames with, there appears an error message while loading:

"--- ERROR: (unknown government position in scenario file (minister)) 'position = tag' line = 575650 file = scenarios\save games\autosave.eug ---
Do you still want to continue?"

or something similar. The program crashes whatever option I choose (e.g. ignore).
Has someone else encountered this problem before and know a solution to it?

If some additional information is required, please tell me.
The line referred to in the error message is the second line of this part of the savegame:
" minister = {
id = { type = 9 id = 571055 }
name = "Huey Long"
picture = "kaiserreich hueylong"
position = ArmamentMinister
category = fascist
cabinet = replacement
trait = 9
year = 1936
} "
but even if I delete that part, the error message just shifts to another line in the savegame.
Oh, and I noticed that not all of my savegames have that problem, and I suspect only the ones where the America First-Union exists are broken.

Thank you very much if you can help me!

Last edited:
hi,

first i want to thank you for making such a great mod.

unfortunatly i have the followig problem. when the american civil war breaks out and one side declares independance from the us and then one day later they anex the usa and its all over.
i've read some pages before in this topic that something similar happened with russian factions and that it is apparently a hoi bug. could you clarify or elaborate on that. so far the only workaround i've found is going multiplayer right before the civil war starts and back to sp after all factions declared independace. do you know any other solution or workaround to this problem?

i'm running your mod under armaggedon with the latest patch (1.2/3?).

another thing i noticed is that all ship brigades except the anti air one is missing. is that intended or just a side effect because the mod was made for doomsday?

edit: another question does the ottoman empire get some ministers to replace the corrupt ones?

thanks in advance.

supernova said:
EDIT: aaaw this sucks that my first post is so pointless. I found the solution two pages before my post :p

Hi everyone,

first I'd like to thank everyone of the Kaiserreich Team for their great mod and their ongoing support.

When I installed the mod everything worked all right (my version is DD 1.3a btw), now I noticed that some of my savegames won't load.
Regardless of the country I load those savegames with, there appears an error message while loading:

"--- ERROR: (unknown government position in scenario file (minister)) 'position = tag' line = 575650 file = scenarios\save games\autosave.eug ---
Do you still want to continue?"

or something similar. The program crashes whatever option I choose (e.g. ignore).
Has someone else encountered this problem before and know a solution to it?

If some additional information is required, please tell me.
The line referred to in the error message is the second line of this part of the savegame:
" minister = {
id = { type = 9 id = 571055 }
name = "Huey Long"
picture = "kaiserreich hueylong"
position = ArmamentMinister
category = fascist
cabinet = replacement
trait = 9
year = 1936
} "
but even if I delete that part, the error message just shifts to another line in the savegame.
Oh, and I noticed that not all of my savegames have that problem, and I suspect only the ones where the America First-Union exists are broken.

Thank you very much if you can help me!

Mmmh, first of are you trying to load your previous saves before Kaiserreich? If, then there is problem! Kaiserreich does not support previous vanilla-saves!
Secondly, which version are you using? BETA IIIb is the playable one!

Spider1110 said:
hi,

first i want to thank you for making such a great mod.

unfortunatly i have the followig problem. when the american civil war breaks out and one side declares independance from the us and then one day later they anex the usa and its all over.
i've read some pages before in this topic that something similar happened with russian factions and that it is apparently a hoi bug. could you clarify or elaborate on that. so far the only workaround i've found is going multiplayer right before the civil war starts and back to sp after all factions declared independace. do you know any other solution or workaround to this problem?

i'm running your mod under armaggedon with the latest patch (1.2/3?).

another thing i noticed is that all ship brigades except the anti air one is missing. is that intended or just a side effect because the mod was made for doomsday?

edit: another question does the ottoman empire get some ministers to replace the corrupt ones?

thanks in advance.

You're using an old version of Kaiserreich, the Civil War event are still included! Go to the subforum to get the new one! BETA IIIb, the events are not included here, but will be in the next version!

Nope, it isn't.

Made my signature larger now, hopefully people will notice it better now, and get the right files.

EMFM: Thanks, but I already raided that page, and included the useful ones to the leader file.

Last edited:
Kaiserich und Koniglich Navy information:
http://www.naval-history.net/WW1NavyAustrian.htm
Navy ship class with additional picture:
http://waratsea.tauniverse.com/Austria-Hungary.htm
Austrian Common Ministers Info:
http://www.geocities.com/capitolHill/rotunda/2209/Austria_Hungary.html

Gottfried von Banfield
banfield114jo.jpg

Acw

I just wondered if there are any events where other nations may support one of the participants in the ACW, similar to these events during the Spanish civil war in vanilla HOI2. Like, CoF would support the CSA and could send volunteers.

supernova said:
I just wondered if there are any events where other nations may support one of the participants in the ACW, similar to these events during the Spanish civil war in vanilla HOI2. Like, CoF would support the CSA and could send volunteers.

There will be those kinds of events in the next version.