• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just have a few minor issues with the Italian Federation is it fair to say that they should have Enrico Fermi past 1938? I mean he left Italy because his wife was Jewish so would be fair to say that the Pope is in power that he should be kept in? Also i do believe he should have Mathematics as another skill since he did enjoy it as a young man.

Another note I was playing as the Qing Empire and than the Russian Civil War happen i didnt see any of it except for the Soviet Russia was released but than on the same day they were annexed back in which was interesting.

1) For Fermi, we currently do not have any anti- semitic events for the Italian Federation, so in out timeline Fermi would have less reasons to leave Italy than in OTL. Of course, with a more radical pope ruling in Rome things might look different. If anyboy would like to write some Italian domestic events, please step forward.
About math, I'll think about adding it.

2) That happens sometimes, I think it actually is a HoI bug and less of a mod issue. Maybe we try to find a way around it.

As for future updates, we do have quite some new and extended event chains for BetaIV. After that, we will try to improve German domestic events, and the setup of greater worldwide conflict. Also we might include a new techtree, but could need some more techtree and AI coders for that task.

I do realize this suggestion may not make a lot of sense...but can the mod's download requirements be streamlined during next release?

There's a lot of..."Download this item for...option this....option part five...you need to download this for that to work..."

Streamlining = good.

Hell, if given permission I'll organize into a single packet of what is required and host on Filefront. We can do ittttt.

Andromedos said:
1) For Fermi, we currently do not have any anti- semitic events for the Italian Federation, so in out timeline Fermi would have less reasons to leave Italy than in OTL. Of course, with a more radical pope ruling in Rome things might look different. If anyboy would like to write some Italian domestic events, please step forward.
so far who do you have working on things?

Hollywood said:
I do realize this suggestion may not make a lot of sense...but can the mod's download requirements be streamlined during next release?

There's a lot of..."Download this item for...option this....option part five...you need to download this for that to work..."

Streamlining = good.

Hell, if given permission I'll organize into a single packet of what is required and host on Filefront. We can do ittttt.

Welll that should be great! :D

so far who do you have working on things?

Excuse me, I'm not entirely sure what you mean? On Italian politics, we currently do not have a dedicated modder to write new events.

Streamlining = good.

Well, we had some people in the past who felt that our release packet is too big, and JSGME takes quite long to install or uninstall Kaiserreich. That's why a lot of the content, like the model pics and the skins are optional. We'll try to streamline the next release even more, and make it more comfortable. If you want, you can of course try to orgganize a single packet, but we'll also offer the split files for those who want them.

Understood, my fear with many packets is more room for error. I didn't want to start doing anything without asking/seeking persmission.

Hey ppl. Was wondering if there is any alternate mirrors or sites where i can download the different packages? This since the sites used for hosting have download limits every 24hours. And these limits tend to become exceeded whilst downloading several packages.

Please help!

I started to play this mod yesterday. It is an excellent mod but i have a problem. When i started to play the game, i saw an error in the loading screen ( it says the scenario file had errors.), but i ignored it. The game started, no visible problem. I saved my game. Today i tried to play my save game but i encountered an error:
"Critical Error!
ERROR: ( unknown government position in scenario file (minister)) 'position=tag 'line=559292 file=scenarios/savegames/Russia
Dou you still want to continue?
I pressed the ignore button but the game crashed. It didn't even load the save game.
I don't think i made any mistakes during the installation process of the mod.
Can anybody help me? I want to play this mod so much but i am very disappointed because of this problem.

Xeph: Currently we have no other downloadoptions avaiable, to tried to divide the downloady between different sources to help not exceeding the download limits.

Lord Salerne: Can you please post the end of the savedebug.txt file located in your doomsday folder? That will help me to locate the error. Also open your savegame with the text editor, go to line 559292, and post what is written there and the previous and following lines.

I erased that save game . I downloaded the minister.txt you advice to everyone with that problem and replaced my minister.txt with it. I started a new game just to try if it works. I saved my game in 1937. I saw the same error when i tried to load my save game. This time the line was different.
This is the end of the savedebug.txt file:
ERROR : (unknown government position in scenario file (minister)) 'position = tag' Line = 565105 file = scenarios\save games\Russia_1936_July_11.eug

There are a lot of missing events in the savedebug.txt file, i don’t know if this is a problem.
I also thank you for your interest in my problem, i will really appreciate if we can solve it.
I can send you my savedebug.txt file and my savegame if you give me your e-mail ( or msn adrees if you use it)

Last edited:
ok, this is a little emberrassing. :D I opened the savegame with word but how will i find minister tag line 565105? I tried to find it with the Word's search option but i did not find anything. I have no idea how can i find this line in thousands of pages.

ok,thank you The Great Duck. I found it:

minister = {
id = { type = 9 id = 571055 }
name = "Huey Long"
picture = "kaiserreich hueylong"
position = ArmamentMinister
category = fascist
cabinet = replacement
trait = 9
year = 1936
}

The id number is the 565105.line

EMFM: Done.

Lord Salerne: Are you sure you applied the last hotfix correctly? Seems like the previous error that the hotfix was supposed to fix. Download and apply hotfix BetaIIIb, the link is in my signature.

Also post a bit more of the savedebug.txt file, the last ten relevant lines maybe.

savedebug.txt file:
Event number 90812 maybe lost !!!!
Auto Slider
Auto Slider Done
Auto Slider
Auto Slider Done
Auto Slider ...(repeating)
Event number 750013 maybe lost !
Event number 750015 maybe lost !
Event number 90799 maybe lost !
Event number 750012 maybe lost !
Auto Slider
Auto Slider Done ..
Event number 90803 maybe lost !
Event number 90815 maybe lost !
Event number 90816 maybe lost !
Event number 90817 maybe lost !
Event number 90818 maybe lost !
Event number 90805 maybe lost !
Event number 61002 maybe lost !
Event number 61020 maybe lost !!!!
Event number 90807 maybe lost !
Event number 63001 maybe lost
Event number 123105 maybe lost !
Event number 123120 maybe lost !
Auto Slider
Auto Slider Done
Auto Slider
Auto Slider Done ..
Setting Mode.
Mode Set.
Setting Mode.
Mode Set.
Setting Mode.
Mode Set.
Setting Mode.
Mode Set.
ERROR : (unknown government position in scenario file (minister)) 'position = tag' Line = 565105 file = scenarios\save games\Russia_1936_July_11.eug

There are also a lot more missing events in the savedebug.txt.

I was sure that i applied the beta3 hotfix but i downloaded and applied it again. I extracted it to the Kaiserreich folder in the mods folder. I also extracted it to the Doomsday folder so i changed both the doomsday and kaiserreich mod folders. I started a new game. Now i can save my game in 1937 and i can load it without a problem. I waited until 1937 and saved my game several times during 1937. I can load my savegames now. But in the loading screen i see these three messages now:

---missing event database: db/events/KAISERREICH/USA/surrenderacw.txt

I press ignore.

---missing event database: db/events/KAISERREICH/WW2/Captures.txt

I press ignore.

---scenario file had error---

I press ignore then i can load and play my savegame. I hope, i will not confront with any problems in the future because of these missing files.