• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One thing that could be interesting: National France would leave the alliance with the Royalists and join Mitteleuropa in the war against CoF once it attacks Germany. They'd certainly seize the opportunity to get back metropolitan France.

freetup said:
That has been discussed before and I have been in favour of it.

psst... I wanna kill the Entente anyways
Altough it would be slightly more plausible for Canada to do so, for two reasons:

No Highly Important Claims that overlaps with Germany's (France and Germany has the Elsass-Lothringen Issue)

Less of a tradition of being enemies.

Akira said:
Well, I doubt Canada should leave the alliance it leads.
Well, if it wasn't a game, what would happen (uh... if Canada was convinced, I mean) would probably be that the Entente, and not just Canada, (sans N. France, which would almost certainly leave if something like this happens, so it would probably get another name, like 'Brittanic Alliance') allies with Germany/Mitteleuropa (sort of like the ComIntern-Allies alliance, only more a real alliance), but since it would be quite hard to present that in HOI2...

Andromedos said:
Your proposal might be more "alternate historic" accurate, but in makeing this mod we also have to keep the gameplay and balance issues in mind. I think further weakening Romania would not be in the gameplay's interesst, the powers in the region are currently nicely balanced.

As for your other points:
_ Austria has the Ausgleich events, in which the empire can be reunited, federalised, or break apart. It's all a matter of propabilities.
- Germany and it's political parties will be improved in future versions.
You say that is alternate historical? During world war 1 Romania attacked Austro-Hungary in the ass, and they are awarded with Bessarabia. This is just dumb. Who came up with the idea for that sector anyway? Bessarabia should be a part of Ukraine. And you also say it would not be balanced. Have you ever seen Bulgaria win the 4th Balkan war? Me not.

Delex said:
You say that is alternate historical? During world war 1 Romania attacked Austro-Hungary in the ass, and they are awarded with Bessarabia. This is just dumb. Who came up with the idea for that sector anyway? Bessarabia should be a part of Ukraine. And you also say it would not be balanced. Have you ever seen Bulgaria win the 4th Balkan war? Me not.

I've seen them win like almost every time? So i don't think Romania should be weakening.

Ok I have a few problems with the game I am playing currently.
1) seems that the revolt events are fatally flawed, I have properly istalled the latest version and this isnt my first time around with the mod so I know something fishy is up. Firstly, Carlist and Syndicist Spain never manage to appear, the Monarchy always just wins instantly somehow, same goes for Soviet Russia being pwned by Russia, a few days after they appear they are swallowed up by a 'Russia Victorious' event. Odd?

2) as in my game using the latest version of SMEP, the game slows down noticably by 1937 while in the clean vanilla install of DD this doesnt occur. Is it thus a problem with a component of SMEP (which has been included in the lastest Kaiserriech beta?)

Anyone else had these problems?

Otherwise, awesome job, compelling little backstory and very interesting to play. Would love a few more events between 1988-1940 though, are there many events during or after this time perdiod? Im reluctant to declair war on people incase I then miss some cool event chain currently playing as Germany...

Delex said:
Man you're lucky. I have never seen them win (I have played the war over at least 5 times).

In most of the balkan wars I have observed Bulgaria wins. Regarding the reasons for Bulgaria getting Bessarbia I think you can find it in the wiki.

that_sweed said:
In most of the balkan wars I have observed Bulgaria wins. Regarding the reasons for Bulgaria getting Bessarbia I think you can find it in the wiki.
I know why they did get it historically. But I dont know why should they get it, if they were defeated in war. This is like while Germany fights USSR, Finland attacks USSR. USSR defeats them both. After that they release Finland as a fully free nation, giving them back the territory, they have taken from them during the winter war. Thats just retarded.

1) seems that the revolt events are fatally flawed, I have properly istalled the latest version and this isnt my first time around with the mod so I know something fishy is up. Firstly, Carlist and Syndicist Spain never manage to appear, the Monarchy always just wins instantly somehow, same goes for Soviet Russia being pwned by Russia, a few days after they appear they are swallowed up by a 'Russia Victorious' event. Odd?

There a bug in the revolt file, that prevents those two spanish factions from rebelling. It will be fixed in the next version hopefully. Also you can get rid of it easily by editing the revolt file.

Go to the TAG SPR, remove regular_id = EUS
Go to the TAG EUS remove regular_id = EUS

I'll see about Russia

Otherwise, awesome job, compelling little backstory and very interesting to play. Would love a few more events between 1988-1940 though, are there many events during or after this time perdiod? Im reluctant to declair war on people incase I then miss some cool event chain currently playing as Germany...

A lot of events really happen rather early, in future mod versions we'll work on improving this, and add various new events.

In noticed that when i've saved while the american union state exists then quit then load again that i get an error message saying that a minister has some sort of positioning problem and its one of the american union state's. Is this just me? or is there a way to fix this problem?

I just have a few minor issues with the Italian Federation is it fair to say that they should have Enrico Fermi past 1938? I mean he left Italy because his wife was Jewish so would be fair to say that the Pope is in power that he should be kept in? Also i do believe he should have Mathematics as another skill since he did enjoy it as a young man.

Another note I was playing as the Qing Empire and than the Russian Civil War happen i didnt see any of it except for the Soviet Russia was released but than on the same day they were annexed back in which was interesting.

Im just curious also, what would the next updates focus on more?