• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Akaki said:
I can't go through 218 pages to find the answer, so here it goes: I've done everything as usual, HoI2DD + 1.3 + JSGME + Kaiserreich to MODS folder. Enabled the mod (It's taking longer than I remembered). And... There are lots of problems: civil war in Ethiopia ends after one day (Fall of HS). Then, when Spain gets for example "CNT uprising" nothing happens. When Comb. Syndicates of America goes with "USA is weak" instead of declaring war they are annexed by the US. Can someone tell me what's wrong? It's something about JSGME? Files? I have two days off, I want to at last play for a while and what do I get? :(
Anyone? Any ideas?

Oh, and this time:
ERROR : (ai-prefs : Unexpected field) 'country_priorities = {' Line = 99 file = ai\kaiserreich\switch\Syndicalist Ukraine.ai

Still no spanish civil war.

Last edited:
Lord Finnish said:
Uhh.. When does WW2 exactly happen in KR and by who? I never actually made that far
One of the features of KR is you can't really anticipate the war like you can in regular doomsday. There are at least 9 seperate dates it can start on. Each year, the chance increases, but theres a very low chance it can start in '36 and it goes up each year.

Akaki said:
I can't go through 218 pages to find the answer, so here it goes: I've done everything as usual, HoI2DD + 1.3 + JSGME + Kaiserreich to MODS folder. Enabled the mod (It's taking longer than I remembered). And... There are lots of problems: civil war in Ethiopia ends after one day (Fall of HS). Then, when Spain gets for example "CNT uprising" nothing happens. When Comb. Syndicates of America goes with "USA is weak" instead of declaring war they are annexed by the US. Can someone tell me what's wrong? It's something about JSGME? Files? I have two days off, I want to at last play for a while and what do I get?
The problem with Ethiopia is the wrong kind of command is used for the civil war. Somalia ends up taking half of Ethiopia's divisions along with the divisions they get from the event, and Ethiopia doesnt have many VPs. Sometimes they'll get annexed in one day, but I thought the problem was fixed. Are you sure you're using Kaiserreich 1.0?

I dont know whats the problem with the Spanish Civil War but I'll check it out. I havent seen it in a while myself.

There are a lot of events to the American Civil War, and most of the "We give up" events were removed (or so I thought). I'll check that one out too.

Those dont sound too game breaking though, except for the last one if you were playing as the USA/CSA.

As for the Ukraine thing, thats a known bug. It'll be fixed in the next version.

If you find any more bugs like this, report them.

I played Canada and wanted to grab some lands from CSoA. There was no give up event I think - through the event "USA is weak" CSoA should DOW USA iirc, but after that USA gets an event and annex CSoA.

As I stated, Spain gets events with "xxx uprising", but after that nothing happens and few days later they get "Victory!" event.

And this is weird, cause the last time I played KR (few months ago?) all the civil wars went smoothly...

By the way - I played USA once, and wanted to become American Union State, but after the change from USA to AUS I was left with only few leaders (and no cores on the parts of USA iirc?) - is there an "unification" event after the civil war that will give AUS (or CSoA) rest of USA leaders?

Lord Finnish said:
I don't get any civil wars at all :confused:

It's known bugs that will be fixed in the next fversion.

EMFM said:
I'd like to report an inaccuracy with ministers - playing the latest version, Hans von Seeckt is a minister for Germany as late as 1940. In reality, he died in December 1936.

In Kaiserreich people who died irl can be alive and people that was alive like stalin, Hitler are dead in the mod.

Hey, I just downloaded the newest version of this mod and got the hotfix (They're installed, I'm pretty sure), I'm getting the "error "Global War" message (naturally), but when I hit ignore the game is still crashing. I've heard a lot of good things about this mod but these bugs are starting to become a little frustrating.

Wenselas: Not heared of that error before. Can you maybe provide a screenshot?
Try to reinstall the latest version of Kaiserreich again (Version BetaII withg hotfix B), and remember to start the Kaiserreich scenario.

1) No event pictures

2) No event descs in some events

Lord Finnish: Which events? I mean, I don't have a magic cristall ball that tells me those things... :p

War in 1937. Hungary attacked Croatia -> Austria attacked Hungary -> Germany attacked Austria and it's puppets -> Ottomans and Romania DOW Germany -> Bulgaria joins axis.

Lord Finnish: Odd... were these declarations of war caused by events, or by the AI?

There are lots of problems: civil war in Ethiopia ends after one day (Fall of HS). Then, when Spain gets for example "CNT uprising" nothing happens. When Comb. Syndicates of America goes with "USA is weak" instead of declaring war they are annexed by the US.

Akkai: Ethiopia was supposed to be fixed this version... Which provinces did Abyssina gain when it revolted? Maybe they gained all VPs, that might happen sometimes due to game mechanics.
The Spanish civil war and American civil war have bugs in their event chains. ACW will be completely reworked in the next version, and I recently found the bug in the revolter file that prevented the SCW from firing. Hopefully it will work in the next version.

The problem with Ethiopia is the wrong kind of command is used for the civil war. Somalia ends up taking half of Ethiopia's divisions along with the divisions they get from the event, and Ethiopia doesnt have many VPs. Sometimes they'll get annexed in one day, but I thought the problem was fixed. Are you sure you're using Kaiserreich 1.0?

Actually the newest version is BetaIII with Hotfix B, not 1.0
I fixed the bug in Ethiopia's chain in Hotfix B, an event caused Ethiopia to be annexed as soon as Addis Abbeba was lost. Changed that event, so the war should last longer if you installed the new hotfix.

I'd like to report an inaccuracy with ministers - playing the latest version, Hans von Seeckt is a minister for Germany as late as 1940. In reality, he died in December 1936.

EMFM: There's currently no death event for Hans von Seeckt, therefore he does not die in the Mod. The minister files do not have deathdates for ministers, unlike the leader files.
There have been plans to add death events for von Seeckt, and to tie them with a doctrine struggle for the germans general staff. But these events have not been coded yet. (If anybody would be interested... ;) )

Davisx3m said:
In Kaiserreich people who died irl can be alive and people that was alive like stalin, Hitler are dead in the mod.

Well, he did die of old age, for one thing.

EMFM: There's currently no death event for Hans von Seeckt, therefore he does not die in the Mod. The minister files do not have deathdates for ministers, unlike the leader files. There have been plans to add death events for von Seeckt, and to tie them with a doctrine struggle for the germans general staff.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Akaki said:
So... When will we see the new version of KR? :) And what will happen to ACW?

Currently we are aiming for a mid- April release, but it might move in either direction. Anybody who would like a faster release can readily come and give us a hand at our Kaiserforums. There's still much work to be done for the fabulous world of Kaiserreich. ;)

As for the American Civil War, I won't say too much about that now, that would spoil the surprise after all. Let's just say that our teammember freetup has been writing up some fabulous events. No game will be the same anymore. :cool:

Andromedos said:
Lord Finnish: Which events? I mean, I don't have a magic cristall ball that tells me those things... :p

Lord Finnish: Odd... were these declarations of war caused by events, or by the AI?

1) I Don't exactly remember, but some Union of Britain events in 1936.

2) Hungary by event, rest were DoWs by AI. The world got even wilder after that picture.

The Kaiserreich team is currently looking for techtree modders to implent our new techtree into the mod. Anybody interested to join our effort please visit our Kaiserforums, and drop us a word.

Help us to make Kaiserreich into the greatest mod ever!
Kaiserreich needs you!

Andromedos said:
Very nice, thank you very much! I'll put it into code then.
And of course you'll get some credit, I'll mention your name in the credit events.

No problem. :) I love the mod, it's excellent. And thanks, I was just curious. :cool:

Just a side note, the Pan-Arab Federation's flag/icon needs to be fixed. Just thought I'd mention it.

Andromedos said:
The Kaiserreich team is currently looking for techtree modders to implent our new techtree into the mod. Anybody interested to join our effort please visit our Kaiserforums, and drop us a word.

Help us to make Kaiserreich into the greatest mod ever!
Kaiserreich needs you!
May I be a bit annoying? :) Fix the events first, then think about new techtree :).