• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, here's one stupid question, whats the difference between beta III and 1.0 and why is there a hotfix for Beta III, is Beta III newerer than 1.0?

Well, yes it is. We decided that it was rather premature to call version 1.0

I'm sorry Akira, but I did the things you said but it still didn't change. Should I re-install the whole of KR then? because it sucks that Benegal is the Peoples republic of korea

Look, the names of the countries are stored in the file I mentioned, and if the names are wrong, it has something to do with it.

Akira said:
Well, yes it is. We decided that it was rather premature to call version 1.0
Thank you!

Edit: Why is there no event after I beat the revolting nations as National France? Shouldnt I be able to punish them?

Last edited:
Dragul: Which revolting nations? Do you mean the Tuaregs? Try to be a bit more specific please.

Anyway, the Kaiserreich team is still looking for reinforcements. If you know how to write events and/or AI files, or simply would like to contribute to this great Mod, please visit us at our Kaiserforums.

Noticed a goofy Soviet AI move:

sovietaiexample.jpg

My Commune of France overran Germany (Soviets had declared war on them, which helped a ton...) once Germany had the "Mittleafrika" event fire, I noticed Soviet troops withdrawing...all of them.

Where are they going?!

Here they are!

sovietaiexample2.jpg

Anyone else ever notice anything similar to this?

Sorry if these questions have been asked before -- I'm a bit new at the mod-downloading thing, and I'd like to try Kaiserreich with the least amount of headache possible.

1) The first page is a bit confusing when it comes to what you're supposed to download. It mentions "Kaiserreich 1.0" as well as "Kaiserreich Beta III" and gives download links for both. As well, the installation instructions for Beta III mention 1.0. My impression is that Beta III is the newer file and the one I should be downloading, is that correct? Just ignore the other links altogether?

2) If Beta III is the proper one to be downloading, I gather from some of the other posts that there is a hotfix that replaces the "db and ministers fix" link. But I cannot find a link for a hotfix anywhere.

3) I'm assuming everything should simply be extracted to the main Doomsday folder? In the instructions it says to put it in the same folder as the JSGME executable... but there are no instructions on where to extract JSGME to.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1) Beta III is the correct one, naming the previous version 1.0 was premature
2) http://www.megaupload.com/fi/?d=X36MAILI
3) Well, you can of course overwrite your files, or you can use the JSGME instead. You extract JSGME into your DD folder, then create a folder named "MODS" in the DD folder and extract the Kaiserreich files to the "MODS"-folder. Then, using the JSGME, you enable the mod.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if it has been stated before, but I encountered a problem when playing as the USA. When I chose for the millitairy to seize power and hook up with amerika-first the Puerto Ricans declare themselves independant. No problem exept the damage done to my prestige, but when I click the only option my screen turns black.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Yep, it was definitely fixed in BetIII. But I'll run another test run to make sure.

Edit: Seems to work nicely. Vetr, you need to get the newest version of the mod. See the link in my signature.

Last edited:
Andromedos said:
Yep, it was definitely fixed in BetIII. But I'll run another test run to make sure.

Edit: Seems to work nicely. Vetr, you need to get the newest version of the mod. See the link in my signature.

Hmm I was 100% sure that I downloaded the right version, can't belive that all this time I played the wrong one. :wacko:
I hope my next question (I'm sure there will be :p) will be a bit more intelligent.

Thanks allot, again.

Some testing of Japan:

Lacking any triggers for Chinese defeat events, and in the only event about it that exists (but never shows up even with all provinces taken), one of the options has no effect (to control China from the shadows) other than -10 dissent. There is also no events for Germany about failing in war against Japan, or the opposite.