• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hahaha the hotfix crashes the game on startup for me.

--- Database Mismatch (type = 7/id 91634) already used! ---
--- Database Mismatch (type = 7/id 6552101) already used! ---
--- ERROR: (Date: Unexpected field) 'deathdate = {'Line = 1885954931 file = les and forming an international bbrotherhood of Orthodox nations. while this could lead to international complications, it may provide an oppurtunity for Russia to acquire a firm position and role within the world once more. ---

And after that it crashes.

Last edited:
After installing the mod and starting the scenario, I get an error telling be that the database file surrender.acw is missing from the USA folder.

Proceeding to check the Kiaserreich folder itself, I of course found the file wasnt there.

Last edited:
I can't load any saves - it starts crying about some missing minister somewhere, and causes a CTD. I can play with no troubles, but no reloading. I loaded the bugfix from the first page, how should I use it? I put it into the ministers-file, replacing the file with the same name, but it didn't help.

What should I do?

EDIT: also, what to do with the hotfix? Where to unpack it? Where to throw the files?

Last edited:
Kassaka: Can you be more specific, provide error names or evene better a screenshot? Otherwise I can't do anything about it.

After installing the mod and starting the scenario, I get an error telling be that the database file surrender.acw is missing from the USA folder.

When the error comes up, try to hit the ignore button. The game should start anyway.
Looks like I had a file in my version that was for testing, but not included in the hotfix. I might release an updated hotfix to deal with that problem.

Scenario files still "have errors". Did you try to fix Indochina thingie, which is making its capitol a land province?
Did not get around to do that yet, sorry.

Andromedos said:
When the error comes up, try to hit the ignore button. The game should start anyway.
Looks like I had a file in my version that was for testing, but not included in the hotfix. I might release an updated hotfix to deal with that problem.

Its A Critical Error, no matter what I do it always seems to make the game crash to desktop.

Ill try again.. its surrenderacw.txt, sorry.

EDIT: Ah, Progress - another error after, tells me captures.txt is missing from WWII folder.. ignoring that..

Ok, i can start it now.. didnt know why it would always chuck me to desk before.

Here's a shot of the problem.

Panda69: Very well. Give me a word if any other problems come up.

Kasakka: Not sure where that error is located. Try to make a fresh version of the mod (BetaIII), and use the new hotfix on it (NOT the previous one).
Also you should change the game language to English, i the settings file.

Andromedos said:
Panda69: Very well. Give me a word if any other problems come up.

Kasakka: Not sure where that error is located. Try to make a fresh version of the mod (BetaIII), and use the new hotfix on it (NOT the previous one).
Also you should change the game language to English, i the settings file.

I am using the BETA III, and the game language is indeed English. I'd try the hotfix, but as I said I just don't know what to do with it. When it comes to installing stuff or moving files and folders around, I'm always completely lost. So, to where exactly should I extract the hotfix rar-folder?

Go to \Paradox Interactive\Doomsday\MODS\Kaiserreich Beta III

Open the hotfix.rar, and go into the BetaIII Hotfix B folder.

Move all data there (scenarios, db, etc) into your Beta III folder. This should overwrite several older files. Now the Mod is updated.

In a little update, whenever I try to load a savegame of a game started with the surrenderacw and captures files missing error, It crashes to desktop upon initializing the scripts.

The old saves are still refusing to load, the same error message pops up... :(

But many thanks anyways, Andromedos!

Kasakka said:
The old saves are still refusing to load, the same error message pops up... :(

But many thanks anyways, Andromedos!

Does this only concern the older save files? Maybe they are broken.

And yes, you can follow Akira's advice to prevent the missing file startup error.

Edit: Everybody try to use this in the DB folder. It should prevent the missing file erros when loading the game.

Last edited:
Andromedos said:
This is odd. I tested the hotfix before I released it, and everything worked fine. Are you sure you put the files in the right place, Dragul?
Of course, I could get Kaiserreich to start before the hotfix, which means I know where to put stuff.

There is a general way to deal with "file missing, so I'll quit" type of behaviour from any program: create an empty file of the name the program requires in the location the program wants it. Haven't tried it with Kaiserreich or HoI in general, but it worked several times with EU2, as well as numerous other games/programs. This causes some stability issues, however.