• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
KanaX said:
Honestly, most of these problems are unheard of. The Russian territorial oddities were fixed in the previous patch (I think). Are you sure you have installed the mod correctly?
I have a very fast computer (I can list the specifications if you like), but I can safely say that Kaiserreich runs slower than HOI2 on both my new computer and my old computer. The game usually begins to slow down in 1939, whereas vanilla doesn't until around, say, 1941/42.

EMFM said:
I have a very fast computer (I can list the specifications if you like), but I can safely say that Kaiserreich runs slower than HOI2 on both my new computer and my old computer. The game usually begins to slow down in 1939, whereas vanilla doesn't until around, say, 1941/42.
Hmm, that's probably because so many wars start at the same time, as well as the AI-modifications we've done.

I love this mod, but I've had a little problem with it, when I activated it with jsgme, it crashed while enabling...this resulted in the mod being enabled but not recognizing it so I can't disable it to go back to regular DD:Arma........can I fix this by deleting files here and there, or should I just do a clean install and leave this one as Kaiserreich only? :wacko:

walrus said:
I love this mod, but I've had a little problem with it, when I activated it with jsgme, it crashed while enabling...this resulted in the mod being enabled but not recognizing it so I can't disable it to go back to regular DD:Arma........can I fix this by deleting files here and there, or should I just do a clean install and leave this one as Kaiserreich only? :wacko:

Clean install and then redo it. And remember, on my high-performance computer, it still takes about 5-10 minutes. On my old one, it takes more than a half of hour to activate it and it "seems" like it dosn't respond, but it does, so just let it be, until it's finished.

TeutonburgerW said:
Clean install and then redo it. And remember, on my high-performance computer, it still takes about 5-10 minutes. On my old one, it takes more than a half of hour to activate it and it "seems" like it dosn't respond, but it does, so just let it be, until it's finished.
Just out of qurioisity, how much RAM you've got?

TeutonburgerW said:
2 gb.

And my reference was to my high-performance computer (since the others just got 512 mb :cool: ) and not to a high-performance computer in general.
Ah, so it should work fine. I just wanted to ask, since my mid-performance computer installs the game under 2 mins and the game only slows down when I move tens of units at the same time.

Just a quick question....I recently installed Beta III over a clean install of DD, got all the files from the link list on the first post. Some things off the top of my head.

It appears that Halsey and LeMay are Hos and HoG for the Union State, which I assume is what the ministers fix was for. I'll try redownloading it and see if that fixes it, but if not it's an odd combo for the Union State to say the least.

Like the new Mittelafrika/Germany event chain where you can get rid of Goering. Hooray rational Germany!

Why is Himmler the commanding general of Haptquartier Ost, what happened to von Mackensen?

The Italian Federation has an event for the John Maclean exploding, just like Britain and France, which also confuses me.

Nice to see things happening in Central/South America.

Overall, excellent work as always.

Not sure if this has been reported before, tried searching but didn't find anything about this. Anywho...

I think that event 340002 "Spread of Niigata riots" is flawed.

#############################################
###### Spread of the Niigata riots
#############################################
event = {
id = 340002
random = no
country = JAP
trigger = {

}

name = "Spread of the Niigata riots"
desc = "The means used so far have not been completely effective and it has now spread throughout the home islands. Something must be done."
style = 0

date = { day = 20 month = july year = 1936 }

action_a = {
name = "Declare Martial Law"
command = { type = manpowerpool value = -50 }
command = { type = dissent value = -5 }
command = { type = ministerofsecurity which = 5115 }
command = { type = set_domestic which = freedom value = 2 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Increase the police force"
command = { type = ministerofsecurity which = 5102 }
command = { type = dissent value = 5 }
command = { type = set_domestic which = freedom value = 1 }
}
action_c = {
name = "Negotiation is still the best way"
command = { type = ministerofsecurity which = 5099 }
command = { type = dissent value = 10 }
command = { type = set_domestic which = freedom value = -2 }
}

}

I would guess it is intended to use

command = { type = domestic which = freedom value = -2 }

instead of

command = { type = set_domestic which = freedom value = -2 }

etc. Sorry if I am mistaken or if this has already been reported.

EDIT: Actually, I believe that instead of value = -2 it should be value = 2, since a negative value moves the policy closer towards closed society which makes no sence since the event choice is to try negotiations. This would mean that the first Niigata event is also flawed and that all value = x should be changed to value = -x.

EDIT 2: Actually, "type = set_domestic" is used many times in the same event file, often in cases where it would be more appropriate to use "type = domestic", for example in cases where you use negative values (sliders are valued 1-10, are they not?). Someone should really look it over.

Last edited:
Armfeldt: I'll look into it.

EmprorCoopinius: Great to hear you like our work!

It appears that Halsey and LeMay are Hos and HoG for the Union State, which I assume is what the ministers fix was for. I'll try redownloading it and see if that fixes it, but if not it's an odd combo for the Union State to say the least.

Can you post a screenshot of that? This really should not be the case.

Why is Himmler the commanding general of Haptquartier Ost, what happened to von Mackensen?
von Mackensen should still be in the leader file, Himmler should be kicked out in the next version.

The Italian Federation has an event for the John Maclean exploding, just like Britain and France, which also confuses me.
Italy has the option to send condolences to London about this human tragedy, or something like that.

Requested screenie showing LeMay and Halsey.

AUS.jpg

Also, something odd I noticed when playing as Germany in the summer of '37.....

France.jpg

Looks like the vanilla French cabinet.

The ACW never starts for me, The American union or the syndicalist will split form the usa and then 5 or so days latter the whole usa is annexed to the csa or American union with out a shot fired . is this how is supposed to happen I was playing Canada and looking forward to getting involved in the ACW..

What happened to the French partition event, I can't find it anywhere. I see the French surrender but not the partition. If someone has it can you post the event please.

French partition events? There are events for a partition of Germany, but not for a partition of France. Only a puppet government can be set up in France.

The ACW never starts for me, The American union or the syndicalist will split form the usa and then 5 or so days latter the whole usa is annexed to the csa or American union with out a shot fired . is this how is supposed to happen I was playing Canada and looking forward to getting involved in the ACW..

The ACW does not happen all the time. Each event does have a propability of happening, so that the ACW does not follow the same path each time. Maybe you've just had bad luck.
But we are also working on a new, better and more complex version of the second ACW! :cool:

Requested screenie showing LeMay and Halsey.

Halsey and 'Bombs Away' LeMay still have their Chief of Navy/ Airforce traits, I assume?
It's odd, there seems to be a similar problem for the Californian minister file, if it declares independance but I do not know yet what is wrong with it...

As for France, the game for some reason seems to ignore the new ministers we added to the leader file, despite having changed the french scenario file. Instead, it simply displays the first eight ministers from the minister file... Maybe I'll have to make a new version of that minister file.

Link to Beta III don't work for me
Rapidshare seems to be offline. I'll upload it at Megaupload, just takes some time.

Edit: Here's the Link

Last edited:
Okay, I admit it, I'm stumped. Stupid French minsters.....

I moved the correct minsters to the top of the minister file and checked the country file to make sure the appropriate id's were entered. All was well. I started a new game, France still had the vanilla DD cabinet. Then I simply deleted the vanilla minsters from the minsters file, started a new game....and they were still there. I was going to try deleting all the ministers except the starting cabinet, but I suspect that it won't make a difference. What I can't understand is why especially since they aren't even in the file.

I even replaced the vanilla minister file with the Kaiserreich one, and got some strange amalgam cabinet. No dice either way. :confused: