• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well is what just happened in my game with the laughable war between Slavia (Croatia), Greece, Hungary, along with Serbia against Albania the Fourth Balkan War?

Also, at any point in the regular plain event chain would Croatia have been invited to the alliance? Also, is there a larger chance of AI picking less "historical" options in the mod as opposed to in the vanilla game?

Outstanding mod! There are a few bugs when some events are selected, of course, that you are probably well aware of (USA Syndicalists sometimes cause game crash, the Turkomen Caliphate, etc).....

But wow! Absolutely brilliant, in-depth events, great diversity of countries, and great concept of an alternative history, and alot of fun making the world different! :) I particularly enjoyed playing Russia, and choosing events that led to the reformation of Soviet Russia (though fell short of the Soviet Union).

Such a heavy emphasis on events is really awesome, and provides a different experience from HOI2. Thanks for the great mod! :)

So I'm playing Russia trying to get the Religious leaders to power. I'm not sure if I screwed up, or this chain isn't finished or is broken.

---
event = {
id = 750007
random = no
country = RUS
style = 0

trigger = {
headofgovernment = 4094

}

name = "The Patriarch's Demands"
desc = "Prime Minister-Patriarch Mikhail Pol'skii has provoked a major crisis, and threatened to resign his position unless the Synod of the Russian Church be allowed to exercise veto power on all new legislation. He has also demanded that the monasteries should benefit from public taxation, and that priests should be granted a high salary, paid for by the state. There are even whisperings of his support for a restoration of Tsarism, a move that our people are still not ready for!"
picture = "cabanellas"

date = { day = 9 month = august year = 1936 }
offset = 2
deathdate = { day = 10 month = august year = 1936 }

action_a = {
ai_chance = 60
name = "Agree to Mikhail's demands"
command = { type = dissent value = 5 }
command = { type = setflag which = ORTH_GVMT }
command = { type = domestic which = free_market value = -1 }
command = { type = manpowerpool value = -10 }
command = { type = resource which = supplies value = -800 }
command = { type = resource which = money value = -100 }

command = { type = foreignminister which = 4190 }
command = { type = armamentminister which = 4104 }
command = { type = ministerofsecurity which = 4195 }
command = { type = ministerofintelligence which = 4120 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 750011 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 750010 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 750009 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 750008 }
}

action_b = {
ai_chance = 20
name = "We are a modern state! Get rid of the Priest!"
command = { type = dissent value = 25 }
command = { type = sleepminister which = 4094 }
command = { type = headofgovernment which = 4159 } ## Denikin takes over as nearest possible conservative
command = { type = domestic which = freedom value = -1 }
}
action_c = {
ai_chance = 20
name = "Install the legitimate Autocrat for Holy Mother Russia!"
command = { type = dissent value = 35 }

command = { type = set_domestic which = democratic value = 4 }
command = { type = set_domestic which = political_left value = 3 }
command = { type = headofstate which = 4080 }
command = { type = headofgovernment which = 4094 }
command = { type = wakeleader which = 500026 }

command = { type = setflag which = Rus_TSAR }
}
}
---

I chose option a, so the Patriarch guy became Prime Minister. Do I need to choose the last option to start the chain to get the "Faith and Nation" chain going?

I also never saw this event come up (In my game, I was in May of '38)-

---
event = {
id = 750008
random = no
country = RUS
style = 0

trigger = {
headofstate = 4154

}

name = "Status of the Orthodox Church"
desc = "The Orthodox Church, under the leadership of the vocal Patriarch Mikhail Pol'skii, is demanding a clarification of its legal status in the Russian Republic. He wants a constitutional ammendment passed on the issue of the national religion."
picture = "cabanellas"

date = { day = 4 month = september year = 1936 }
offset = 2
deathdate = { day = 5 month = september year = 1936 }

action_a = {
ai_chance = 50
name = "Orthodoxy is our State Religion"
command = { type = dissent value = -5 }

command = { type = setflag which = ORTH_STATE }

}

action_b = {
ai_chance = 40
name = "We are modern and secular"
command = { type = dissent value = 5 }

}
action_c = {
ai_chance = 10
name = "The Orthodox Church must have a role in Government!"
command = { type = dissent value = 15 }
command = { type = set_domestic which = political_left value = 3 }
command = { type = headofgovernment which = 4094 }

}
}
---

bbasgen said:
Outstanding mod! There are a few bugs when some events are selected, of course, that you are probably well aware of (USA Syndicalists sometimes cause game crash, the Turkomen Caliphate, etc).....

But wow! Absolutely brilliant, in-depth events, great diversity of countries, and great concept of an alternative history, and alot of fun making the world different! :) I particularly enjoyed playing Russia, and choosing events that led to the reformation of Soviet Russia (though fell short of the Soviet Union).

Such a heavy emphasis on events is really awesome, and provides a different experience from HOI2. Thanks for the great mod! :)
Whee, positive feedback! We are working to sort out the bugs, and the new patch will probably be out around New Year.(no promises, though)
EDIT: 1500th post, halfway to the custom avvy!

I discovered there was a problem with the Russo-Japanese war over Primorsk, because there is no event (think there was one which was only about a few uninteresting provinces though) that allows you to have a limited peace treaty and apparently you can't annex Primorsk by force at all, even with all it's provinces taken. This makes the player forced to use the acceptall cheat and make a peacetreaty with Japan first and then demand territory from Primorsk.

Russian Claims?

So I understand why you removed some of the russian claims from ATR but couldn't you work out/trim some events to give claims on the ukraine and the byeloruss?
I've been playing this mod for a while and Russia rocks I just wish I could get a claim on kiev and minsk :eek:

Last edited:
Akira said:
Russia will be worked on in January.

So as far as you know, the Faith and Nation chain isn't working? I found it looking through the events folder, and got really excited to do an Othrodox Russian game. :)

Keep up the good work, gents. Events are my thing and there are so many to explore in this mod.

Nicophorus said:
It would be so nice to see a chain of events for Greece (and maybe serbia/bulgaria/georigia/armenia?) to reform the Byzantine Empire....

p.s. great mod, I just need a better computer because things slow down so much a few years in.
not an event chain,but greece gets cores on istanbul and western anatolia if theyy win the 4th balkan war or demand the whole danubian basin at the belgrade congress.

edit: 911th post!!!
Homer Simpson said:
Operator,give me the number of 911!!

I'm playing as Russia in 1940. Germany just defeated the Commune of France and, like so many others have said before, instead of an actual puppet being set up (as the Germans decided), France remains annexed. I spent 30 minutes searching this thread, and I only found repeats of my question. There hasn't been a single answer concerning this problem since it started coming up around September, this is ridiculous. If it's as simple as a typo in code, why couldn't anyone just point that out and come up with some kind of fix?

Either you guys need to start responding more to bug reports or have some kind of compiled FAQ or troubleshooting section on your own forums or in the mod's wiki.

I really enjoy this mod, but it's lack of even basic support that frustrates me (and probably other players) and gets us to quit playing. The crashing bug with Puerto Rico and the US has better support, but I still wasn't able to find it in any one specific place (either a stickied thread on your forums or, again, on your wiki); I had to dig around in the bug thread for it.

I don't want to be a jerk, but you guys need to stay on top of this kind of stuff, you know?

zenkmander said:
I'm playing as Russia in 1940. Germany just defeated the Commune of France and, like so many others have said before, instead of an actual puppet being set up (as the Germans decided), France remains annexed. I spent 30 minutes searching this thread, and I only found repeats of my question. There hasn't been a single answer concerning this problem since it started coming up around September, this is ridiculous. If it's as simple as a typo in code, why couldn't anyone just point that out and come up with some kind of fix?

Either you guys need to start responding more to bug reports or have some kind of compiled FAQ or troubleshooting section on your own forums or in the mod's wiki.

I really enjoy this mod, but it's lack of even basic support that frustrates me (and probably other players) and gets us to quit playing. The crashing bug with Puerto Rico and the US has better support, but I still wasn't able to find it in any one specific place (either a stickied thread on your forums or, again, on your wiki); I had to dig around in the bug thread for it.

I don't want to be a jerk, but you guys need to stay on top of this kind of stuff, you know?

If you hate to be a jerk, then why do you proceed to be one anyway? The main fact that you're obviously neglecting here is that this mod is run by people at the expense of their free time (i.e. not being paid for it) So don't expect the same kind of service as you would with a professional gaming company. By coming off as pissy, you're most likely not going to get an answer to your problem, because people don't want to deal with that kind of bs. Also, they do not care if you play the mod or not, they're not making money off of it, they're just doing it solely for the entertainment value; So don't think you're high and mighty just because they have your "support" just for playing it.

But to answer your problem, which is obviously straining you oh so dearly, this is a known bug and will be fixed in the upcoming patch. Next time, be a little more constructive; I'm tired of people being straight up arrogant pricks.

Thank you schutzstaffel for clearing that up before I got the chance to say something worse. I've been on a bad mood lately.

We do appreciate that people report bugs and we will try to iron them out. And that should be enough from a bunch of enthusiasts from all over the world.

FallenMorgan said:
Well is what just happened in my game with the laughable war between Slavia (Croatia), Greece, Hungary, along with Serbia against Albania the Fourth Balkan War?

Also, at any point in the regular plain event chain would Croatia have been invited to the alliance? Also, is there a larger chance of AI picking less "historical" options in the mod as opposed to in the vanilla game?
croatia isn't normally invited into the Belgrade pact
and yes,ai has more chance of picking less historical options(probably :D)

CTD by an event

Let me first say Kaiserreich is a great mod, in which you can't predict what will happen, unlike vanilla most of the time. When I played as Austria though (Armageddon 1.1), precisely at 17 october 1936, I got a CTD, but just before the CTD I heard an event popping up. Does somebody which event causes the CTD. Please help, as I have reloaded a dozen times already.

geek_knight said:
Let me first say Kaiserreich is a great mod, in which you can't predict what will happen, unlike vanilla most of the time. When I played as Austria though (Armageddon 1.1), precisely at 17 october 1936, I got a CTD, but just before the CTD I heard an event popping up. Does somebody which event causes the CTD. Please help, as I have reloaded a dozen times already.

Try and look in the history file for it.

geek_knight said:

You're most likely experiencing the 'Tattered Flag' event for the USA, which is the #1 culprit for CTDs, download the 1.01 patch if you haven't done so already.

Comrade Kalle said:
He's referring to a file called history.txt in your main Hoi2/DD directory.

Thanks, I found the two events which caused it. Could anyone say if these ones are the tattered flag events?

1936-09-16 : 0:00 October 17, 1936 : USA had The Puerto Rican Nationalist Party Seizes the Capitol Building .
1936-09-16 : 0:00 October 17, 1936 : The people of Puerto Rico declared independence from USA.

EDIT: It seems the event triggers event 8000814 instead of event 9000914, so I think I found the solution. Thanks Comrade Kalle.

EDIT2: When I played further through, it freezed at 5 november. It seems it's because of this:

1936-10-04 : 0:00 November 5, 1936 : West Coast Federation had The Constitutionalists Surrender .
1936-10-04 : 0:00 November 5, 1936 : West Coast Federation annexed West Coast Federation. :eek:

Last edited: