• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I agree that Germany's tech-teams need to be slightly worse than OTL.

On the other hand, Austria could probably use som improved ones.

CCurio said:
Minor suggestion: give France a single IC somewhere? :p

Just tried out the Communards...cheated ( :eek:o ) the intervention and hawk lobby sliders to maxium, churned out some tank divisions and engineers and attacked the bosche on may 10th 1936. Flanders-Wallonien was overrun by 22nd and armored corps in the south reached Frankfurt am Main in around 25th...

I can't wait to try France with the new oob! ;)

:confused: Doesn't France have IC already?

:D And of course if you churn out tanks and engineers the understrengthed German army is going to get overrun! But I still need quite a few tests of this from both sides to see exactly how the OOBs need to be adjusted, and also what sort of border fortifications the countries need (esp. -> Should there be anything in Belgium...)

Passivocalia said:
Javier de Borbón-Parma is already a Nationalist Spanish HoS: #10034. They've made him a Fascist and an Autocratic Charmer. It's a pretty good picture, too, with a cool beret and everything!

EDIT: Incidentally, France has a Carlist HoS too. Jean de Bourbon is a Paternal Autocrat and Benevolent Gentleman, minister #2032.

EDIT2: Actually, you know what? He might not be a Carlist after all. Are all "Bourbons" Carlists?

Back on the Vatican thing--if Pius XI is going to suffer an early assassination, then Donato Cardinal Sbarretti should probably keep his historical death date (1 April 1939) instead of being slept at the same time. Just a little thing.

Many thanks, just found the picture - it is very good!

Well, all Carlists are Bourbons but not all Bourbons are Carlists!

The Bourbons were a very large Royal House, with branches ruling France (two of those...), Spain (two of those, as well...), Naples and some other countries I can't remember off hand.

I believe the Carlist controversy originally developed in the early 19th c. over which succession laws should be applied to the Spanish branch -> Which led to two rival branches of the local Bourbon dynasty, and a number of wars. However, by the 1930s the Carlists had actually rejuvenated themselves into a semi-fascist style mass movement, but heavily concentrated in Navarre and (I think...) parts of Catalonia.

And I don't think Javier had much of a legal claim to be the successor to the Carlist branch of the dynasty, but was selected more for his political views out of possible relatives...

Berlichingen said:
Here is the finished, for now German techteams for you guys to enjoy.

Add the Kaiserreich_T1-13 photos to your gfx/interface/pics folder.

Add the excel file to your db/tech/teams folder.

Then start up the game.

I played with these teams till about 1938 as Germany and it was just reasrching too quickly, so lots of teams have lost 1 or 2 skill points, they will probably be weakened even more for balance reasons, look at USSR and America in vanilla having worse teams than Germany, because they have so much IC and landmass. Germany will need to be balanced similarily, but for now this will do.

"GermanyRevisedTechTeams.zip":
http://chaosrealms.org/forgottenimmortal/

I will next work on Austrian/Hungarian tech teams as well as the French order of battle for you Sarmatian.

Hope you enjoy it, I think the pictures and new teams look great in game personally, but I may be biased. Please report any errors or strange stuff occuring to me! :D

Excellent - I'll try all of these out soon and report back!

And I definitely agree with the lowering of Germany's tech-team skills -> You have to also remember that Germany in the vanilla is given quite a lot of extra advantages to actually enable it to take on the world (eg. better AIs, tech-teams, land doctrines, leaders, etc....). While a lot of this could be argued for in terms of historical performance, a lot of this would also have to do with game balance issues.

So, here where Germany is the world hegemon, and other countries need to take on Germany's 'destabilizing role' in the standard setup, all these advantages have to be adjusted accordingly.

Seylanov said:
Quick question: why can't the Russians research any land doctrine?

Ah, this is definitely going in capitals in the next readme now!

Russia gets an event some time in 1937 (IIRC - eg. a while before it's capable of getting involved in any major wars!), which enables you to choose which land doctrine path you want to go down, and gives you blueprints for the first three or four stages.

Berlichingen said:
Proposed New Austrian Techteams:

- Trieste Naval Yard - Naval
- Gottfried Banfield - Fighter Doctrines
- Skoda - Artillery
- Archduke Eugen - Land doctrines
- Aviatik - Aeronautics

As well a few skill/specialty bonuses may be given to austria because of its increased status in the game.

Hungary will recieve 1 new additional artillery/land team, I don't have the name handy, but I got it somewhere in my textfiles, a hungarian company that went out of business with the depression of the 1920s/1930s.

The other mini-states will be difficult, some nations should share tech teams because some companies were more national that just the home territories of Austria. Since most of these nations won't be played very quickly, I say we put this on the back burner for now. Just concentrate on hungary/austria and then move onto the other majors.

I got pictures picked out of the new teams, next is editing the excel files as necessary. Notice I'm using IDs 90003 +, as 90001 and 90002 are my two proposed events. I hope this is fine.

Don't worry about tech-team IDs yet, as I'll alter these later on (especially if you're replacing the vanilla GER, HUN, AUS, etc... tech team files).

This all seems good - and following on from above, Austria and Hungary definitely both need improved tech-teams, to give them more of a chance!

Sharing teams seems fine - it would also give the Austrian player more of a reason to keep on good terms with the puppets (eg. annoy the Czechs -> Lose Skoda....).

Also reminds me - I need lots of potential Habsburg and Austrian dukes and nobles to fill out the minister files of the Austro-Hungarian states. The Hungarian file looks reasonable, as most of its ministers seem to be aristocrats anyway, but the Austrian and Bohemian ones especially need something of an overhaul.

Serbia

Head of goverment
Nikola Pasic (but not Nickolas please)
Nikola_Pasic.jpg

Stojan Protic
Ljubomir Davidovic

Last edited:
Sarmatia1871 said:
:confused: Doesn't France have IC already?

:D And of course if you churn out tanks and engineers the understrengthed German army is going to get overrun! But I still need quite a few tests of this from both sides to see exactly how the OOBs need to be adjusted, and also what sort of border fortifications the countries need (esp. -> Should there be anything in Belgium...)

Yes, france has whole 79 ICs but it's such an annoying number...

Yes, there should definedly be something in the F-W! Also, overrun might be a bit wrong word...once the client states start to bring their troops I think I'm in troubles... :wacko:

general Nedic said:
Head of goverment
Nikola Pasic (but not Nickolas please)

<<Impressive Giant Picture>>

Many thanks for this - although I've just checked and he died 1926 - irr!!

Also, could you check in the vanilla 'ministers_SER' and 'ministers_YUG' files, to see who could be kept, or would need adjustments?

CCurio said:
Yes, france has whole 79 ICs but it's such an annoying number...

Yes, there should definedly be something in the F-W! Also, overrun might be a bit wrong word...once the client states start to bring their troops I think I'm in troubles... :wacko:

Ah, okay that sounds more like it - So, what needs to happen then is the German border defences need to be strengthed a bit, with the main task of the German player being to delay the French assault long enough to bring in support from the Eastern states (If they're still on good terms that is!).

:p - And the IC is adjusted anyway by production modifiers, so it is alright - it can be your incentive to build factories instead of tanks!

Sarmatia1871 said:
with the main task of the German player being to delay the French assault long enough to bring in support from the Eastern states

Is there an event that casues these two countries to go to war? I reached 1941 as Russia and everyone was pretty complacent. I think Turkestan and myself were the only countries to DOW another

Exterous said:
Is there an event that casues these two countries to go to war? I reached 1941 as Russia and everyone was pretty complacent. I think Turkestan and myself were the only countries to DOW another
Aren't they like, German allies? :confused:

Anyway, assaulting German urban terrain and forest isn't easy with mechanized forces and if it turns into a war of attrition the germans will have superior IC and doctrine tree that can be research faster...

Ok. First thing is, Sarmatia, have you put Falkenhausen with the AOG yet? If the answer is no I suggest that everyone now begins their posts here with a reminder ;) .

Secondly, here is a batch of events concerning the Philippines after the US civil war starts. Before I put them down just a few points concerning them:

1) ID's and possibly event pictures/styles will nedd changing of course
2) As before, I've not used the 'News' format for the descriptions that you proposed using Sarmatia as I'm unsure how to do this. I have of course put in some ordinary descriptions to use till they can be changed.
3) I have some other events planned but need a bit of guidance - see my next post below.
4) Haven't got round to searching for Philippines ministers yet so the commands in the events below to put them in aren't complete.
5) Depending on Japan's decisions concerning the Western California Federation (CAL) more events may be needed concerning them and the Philippines.
6) With the event chain below there is a 5.72% chance (if all countries are AI) of Japan and Germany going to war. Actually I thought it was higher than this so I may have done my maths wrong.

Anyway, here are the events:

event = {
id = 1
random = no
country = JAP
name = "Dealing with the Phillipines"
desc = "In North America the US is in political turmoil as a result of its presidential elections and civil war seems likely. This leaves the Phillipines in a vulnerable position. Outright aggression against them would bring the German Empire down on us, although we could ask for their permission first. However some of our leaders have proposed sponsoring a pro-Japanese coup in the Phillipines, which would allow us to claim the region as a satellite."
style = 0
trigger = { # The event is triggered if any two of the US factions exists, as this is the sign that the USA is struggling to deal with its problems.
event = 90800
OR = {
AND = { exists = USA
exists = CAL
}
AND = { exists = USA
exists = TEX
}
AND = { exists = USA
exists = CSA
}
AND = { exists = TEX
exists = CAL
}
AND = { exists = TEX
exists = CSA
}
AND = { exists = CSA
exists = CAL
}
}
}

date = { day = 1 month = september year = 1936 }
offset = 30
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1940 }

action_a = {
name = "Support a coup"
ai_chance = 75
command = { type = money value = -300}
command = { type = supplies value = -500 }
command = { type = belligerence value = 5 }
command = { type = relation which = USA value = -50 }
command = { type = trigger which = 2 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Ask the Germans for permission to intervene militarily"
ai_chance = 8
command = { type = dissent value = 5 }
command = { type = trigger which = 8 }
}
action_c ={
name = "It is too risky"
ai_chance = 17
command = { type = relation which = PHI value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = USA value = 50 }
command = { type = relationship which = GER value = 50 }
}
}

event = {
id = 2
random = no
country = PHI
name = "Japanese coup attempt"
desc = "With the political troubles in America Japan chose to support a coup in the Phillipines, hoping to assume power in the region through a puppet government."
style = 0
trigger = {
}
offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "The coup succeeds!"
ai_chance = 80
command = { type = end_puppet }
command = { type = leave_alliance }
command = { type = set_domestic which = democratic value = 4 }
command = { type = set_domestic which = political_left value = 3 }
command = { type = set_domestic which = free_market = 3 }
command = { type = set_domestic which = freedom value = 3 }
command = { type = domestic which = professional_army value = 1 }
command = { type = domestic which = defense_lobby value = 2 }
command = { type = domestic which = interventionism value = 2 }
command = { type = headofstate which = }
command = { type = headofgovernment which = }
command = { type = foreignminister which = }
command = { type = armamentsminister which = }
command = { type = ministerofsecurity which = }
command = { type = ministerofintelligence which = }
command = { type = chiefofstaff which = }
command = { type = chiefofarmy which = }
command = { type = chiefofair which = }
command = { type = chiefofnavy which = }
command = { type = dissent value = -5 }
command = { type = set_relation which = JAP value = 200 }
command = { type = trigger which = 3 }
}
action_b = {
name = "The coup is crushed by the government"
ai_chance = 20
command = { type = dissent value = 10 }
command = { type = relation which = JAP value = -100 }
command = { type = trigger which = 7 }
}
}

event = {
id = 3
random = no
country = JAP
name = "Coup succeeds!"
desc = "The coup in the Philippines has succeeded and they are now a semi-autonomous part of our Asian domains. Now we must see how the Germans respond."
style = 0
trigger = {
}
offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Ok"
command = { type = make_puppet which = PHI }
command = { type = belligerence which = 5 }
command = { type = setflag which = JAP_PHI_SUCCEED }
command = { type = trigger which = 4 }
}
}

event = {
id = 4
random = no
country = GER
name = "Japanese coup in the Philippines"
desc = "Reports have reached us of a successful right-wing coup in the Philippines. Whats more it appears that the coup was backed by the Japanese, who have now made the Philippines a puppet. Only we have the strength to respond but even for us an Asian war could prove difficult. Perhaps it is best to let Japan go for now and watch for further aggression. Still, the threat of war could be enough for us to take control of the Philippines."
style = 0
trigger = {
}
offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Let Japan go."
ai_chance = 90
command = { type = relation which = JAP value = -50 }
}
action_b = {
name = "We will threaten them with war."
ai_chance = 10
command = { type = belligerence value = 10 }
command = { type = relation which = JAP value = -100 }
command = { type = trigger which = 5 }
}
}

event = {
id = 5
random = no
country = JAP
name = "Germans threaten war"
desc = "The Germans have threatened war if we do not pass control of the Philippines over to them."
style = 0
trigger = {
}
offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "The hypocrites! To War!"
ai_chance = 70
command = { type = war which = GER }
}
action_b = {
name = "We must back down."
ai_chance = 30
command = { type = end_mastery which = PHI }
command = { type = trigger which = 6 }
}
}

event = {
id = 6
random = no
country = GER
name = "Japanese back down"
desc = "The Japanese have backed down and have agreed to relenquish control over the Philippines to us."
trigger = {
}
offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Hurrah"
command = { type = relation which = JAP value = 50 }
command = { type = clrflag which = JAP_PHI_SUCCEED }
command = { type = setflag which = GER_PHI }
}
}

event = {
id = 7
random = no
country = JAP
name = "The coup has failed"
desc = "Unfortunately our sponsored coup has failed and been crushed by the Filippino government. We have lost much face in the international community and have no chance at the moment of successful military intervention."
style = 0
trigger = {
}
offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Incompetent Fools!"
command = { type = setflag which = JAP_PHI_FAIL_1 }
}
}

event = {
id = 8
random = no
country = PHI
name = "Loss of US protection"
desc = "The Japanese and Germans are maneuvring over the question of our diplomatic position in the world. Whatever happens it is clear that we cannot rely on the US for protection any longer."
style = 0
trigger = {
}
offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "We can only pray."
command = { type = end_puppet}
command = { type = leave_alliance }
command = { type = trigger which = 9 }
}
}

event = {
id = 9
random = no
country = GER
name = "Japanese request for intervention"
desc = "The Japanese have asked us if they could intervene in the Philippines, where US control is fading in light of their problems at home. If we refuse the Japanese, we will have to be prepared to back it up by war, though they will probably back down. Granting permission could strengthen Japan enough for them to challenge us though. Finally we could make a move on the Philippines ourselves."
style = 0
trigger = {
}
offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Refuse them permission"
ai_chance = 70
command = { type = relation which = JAP value = -50 }
command = { type = trigger which = 10 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Grant them permission to march in."
ai_chance = 20
command = { type = trigger which = 11 }
action_c = {
name = "Take the Philippines ourselves"
ai_chance = 10
command = { type = belligerence value = 10 }
command = { type = war which = PHI }
command = { type = trigger which = 13 }
}
}

event = {
id = 10
random = no
country = JAP
name = "We are refused permission"
desc = "The Germans have refused to allow us to involve ourselves in Filippino affairs. If we are to expand into the Philippines we will have to go to war with Germany, and they are the dominant world power at the moment."
trigger = {
}
offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Back down"
ai_chance = 80
command = { type = setflag which = JAP_BACK_DOWN_1 }
}
action_b = {
name = "The Philippines are ours!"
ai_chance = 20
}
}

event = {
id = 11
random = no
country = JAP
name = "Permission granted"
desc = "The Germans have accepted our right to intervene in the Philippines. Should we merely move in to set up a puppet government or should we try to annex the nation entirely?"
style = 0
trigger = {
}
offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Set up a puppet government"
ai_chance = 80
command = { type = trigger which = 12 }
command = { type = setflag which = JAP_PHI_SUCCEED }
}
action_b = {
name = "Annex their lands"
ai_chance = 20
command = { type = war which = PHI } # Direct annexation would be disliked even by pro-Japanese Filippinos so opposition is possible.
}
}

event = {
id = 12
random = no
country = JAP
name = "Creation of Japanese puppet government"
desc = "Japanese troops have marched into our nation, supported by our pro-Japanese countrymen. A new puppet government has been created to rule in Japan's name."
style = 0
trigger = {
}
offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "A new goverment"
command = { type = set_domestic which = democratic value = 4 }
command = { type = set_domestic which = political_left value = 3 }
command = { type = set_domestic which = free_market = 3 }
command = { type = set_domestic which = freedom value = 3 }
command = { type = domestic which = professional_army value = 1 }
command = { type = domestic which = defense_lobby value = 2 }
command = { type = domestic which = interventionism value = 2 }
command = { type = headofstate which = }
command = { type = headofgovernment which = }
command = { type = foreignminister which = }
command = { type = armamentsminister which = }
command = { type = ministerofsecurity which = }
command = { type = ministerofintelligence which = }
command = { type = chiefofstaff which = }
command = { type = chiefofarmy which = }
command = { type = chiefofair which = }
command = { type = chiefofnavy which = }
command = { type = set_relation which = JAP value = 200 }
}
}

event = {
id = 13
random = no
country = JAP
name = "The Germans have their own ambitions in the area."
desc = "The Germans have not only refused to allow us to involve ourselves in Filippino affairs, they have also made their own attempt to take the Philippines! Should we attempt to beat them too it, though this will mean war, or simply accept German dominance for now?"
trigger = {
}
offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Back down"
ai_chance = 50
command = { type = setflag which = JAP_BACK_DOWN_2 }
}
action_b = {
name = "The Philippines are ours!"
ai_chance = 50
}
}

I have also created this event which will occur a few years later if the Philippine was successfully puppeted:

event = {
id = 14
random = no
country = JAP
name = "The fate of the Philippines."
desc = "For several years now the Philippines has been a satellite state of ours. However many of our generals and economists press for more direct control to aid in the efficient use of the region's resources. With Germany weakened it is also unlikely that any other nation will dare oppose such a move. Even effective resistance in the Philippines is unlikely."
trigger = {
flag = JAP_PHI_SUCCEED }
}
date = { day = 1 month = september year = 1940 }
offset = 30
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1947 }

action_a = {
name = "Enforce direct control"
ai_chance = 90
command = { type = trigger which = 15 } # A PHI event giving a 5% chance of them resisting the move, possibly by finding a major ally
}
action_b = {
name = "The Philippines can remain as a satellite"
ai_chance = 10
command = { type = relation which = PHI value = 25 }
command = { type = belligerence value = -5 }
}
}

What I need though is extra triggers for it so that it only triggers if Germany has been weakened by a fair amount but I'm not sure what triggers to use for this so I need help.

general Nedic said:
Unfortunately I can't download your game, but if you need something.

:) - Ah, I actually meant the Serbian and Yugoslavian ministers in the normal Paradox-supplied game files -> So there's no need to download the mod!

And is the downloading problem with Rapidshare?

Exterous said:

Nope - the only events and AI files which are done are those for Russia (and neighbouring countries) and the USA (internally). So, everyone else will be very complacent in the current setup = therefore if you want to try and play this, you must act aggressively for an interesting game!

I was going to leave the vanilla AI files in there, but this tended to give weird results (eg. France attacking Germany in 1938 regardless, and Japan running amok in East Asia in the first couple of months).

Timotheos said:
Ok. First thing is, Sarmatia, have you put Falkenhausen with the AOG yet? If the answer is no I suggest that everyone now begins their posts here with a reminder ;) .

Secondly, here is a batch of events concerning the Philippines after the US civil war starts. Before I put them down just a few points concerning them:

1) ID's and possibly event pictures/styles will nedd changing of course
2) As before, I've not used the 'News' format for the descriptions that you proposed using Sarmatia as I'm unsure how to do this. I have of course put in some ordinary descriptions to use till they can be changed.
3) I have some other events planned but need a bit of guidance - see my next post below.
4) Haven't got round to searching for Philippines ministers yet so the commands in the events below to put them in aren't complete.
5) Depending on Japan's decisions concerning the Western California Federation (CAL) more events may be needed concerning them and the Philippines.
6) With the event chain below there is a 5.72% chance (if all countries are AI) of Japan and Germany going to war. Actually I thought it was higher than this so I may have done my maths wrong.

Anyway, here are the events:

Many many thanks - I'll go through the events in more detail soon-ish, give more in-depth feedback and try to implement them (along with the Liberian ones you sent earlier).

Immediately jumping out at me is the possibility of giving the Germans the chance to accept the new Japanese backed Philippino Government, but demanding naval bases (eg. a couple of islands and coastal provinces). This would fit in with prior German policy in the Far-East, eg. only taking strategic areas and relying on local governments to do most of the actual 'ruling', and would have a precedent in the German recognition of Japanese overlordship in Manchuria.

Regarding questions:

Von Falkenhausen is the AlgOstAsien HoG in the bug-fixing update I released -> So, all they need now is a proper cabinet to replace the rest Guangxi Clique one!

:D I'm also not 100% sure about the news-format, so I'll see if I'm going to bother with it when I start writing events properly!

Regarding your extra trigger for the next event -> I'm planning on having a couple of flags set up, one of which will be go off Germany is involved in a war with a major power (something imaginative like GER_MAJOR_WAR...), and another if something very bad happens to Germany on the domestic front (eg. GER_DOMESTIC_COLLAPSE). These would then set off a whole load of off-set events around the rest of the world for opportunistic powers...

California Leaders

Here are some more Potential California leaders see this ZIP FILE

Harry Chandler - Minister of Propaganda? Was publisher of the LA Times from 1917-1944. Ant Union, Anti Hiram Johnson, possibly involved with murder of union activists, not convicted, involved in corruption and political scandal, LA Times offices bombed by labor activists. His son Norman took over the paper in 1944, the Chandler family was powerful in California for over a century starting aftyer the US Civil War.

Friend W. Richardson, Republican Governor in the late 20s, also member of many secret societies, templars, masons, etc was a Quaker

James "Sunny Jim" Rolphs, another Republican Governor.

Frank Merriam, last Republican governor during depression

Donald Douglas, Aviation Magnate, head of Douglas Aviation, tech team or air minister?

Gerald K. Smith, American Nazi, perennial candidate for office, demagogue, some activities based out of Los Angeles