• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Samilou said:
Why deny the players that? You can simply add an option where Finland simply refuses to accept Congo.

But... it's silly. Germany wanted the Congo for years, they always saw it as a desirable colony, very valuable, no way they'd ever give it to Finland, it's a major colonial asset.

And it's part of Mittelafrika that has some some degree of autonomy from Germany.

I hive to agree that giving Congo to Finland seems not-just-a-bit silly.

Lord Finnish said:
It's just a rumour. However, if they already gave us a prince to be a king, why couldn't they had gave Finland a colony somewhere?

Giving a prince to fill the throne is one thing (especially since there was no lack of princes in imperial Germany), giving away a major cornerstone of your desired colonial empire something entirely different. I could maybe, just maybe see Germany offering to Finland some islands in the pacific or indian ocean, or maybe a piece of West Africa. But Congo, the largest colony in Africa? Nope. That makes little sense.

Also, would post civil-war finland have the navy needed to administer a colonial empire?

I played yesterday, and when American Union State revolted, I loaded the game as them. Eventually, USA also got Huey Long as leader, and they declared war on me, so there were two countries led by the very same Huey Long, fighting each other
This really should not happen... can you show us maybe the event- history, so we can find out what happened?

Surely Huey Long was not right wing. He was a leftist I think.
It's not that simple, I think. Dividing political orientation in simple leftwing/ rightwing is rather inadequat. But Long is certainly not in the same camp as the communists and syndicalists.
The best way to desribe Long would probably be a populist.

Hm. All this Finland talk is nice, but I began a game as Legation Cities just for the fun of it (was saddened by the fact that instead of a description I just had some EAF_DESC or something like that) and nearly died of laughter when I saw the tech teams. Or, more precisely, the absence thereof. :eek:

Never had such a good laugh.

But otherwise, great mod! Hope that there are updates coming, or... are they?

Last edited:
Mishgan said:
Hm. All this Finland talk is nice, but I began a game as Legation Cities just for the fun of it (was saddened by the fact that instead of a description I just had some EAF_DESC or something like that) and nearly died of laughter when I saw the tech teams. Or, more precisely, the absence thereof. :eek:

Never had such a good laugh.

But otherwise, great mod! Hope that there are updates coming, or... are they?
They are coming, just a tad slowly.

EDIT:

Here's a bugfix for the Finnish succession crisis.
Add these two pics with their exact names(upper one is "kaarle" and the lower "wolfgang") to the pics-folder. And don't forget to change them to BMP
kaarle.jpg

6p6a361.jpg

Then download the following file and replace the "ministers_fin" file in the db-folder with that file.

http://rapidshare.com/files/70047477/ministers_fin.csv.html

Last edited:
Andromedos said:
Giving a prince to fill the throne is one thing (especially since there was no lack of princes in imperial Germany), giving away a major cornerstone of your desired colonial empire something entirely different. I could maybe, just maybe see Germany offering to Finland some islands in the pacific or indian ocean, or maybe a piece of West Africa. But Congo, the largest colony in Africa? Nope. That makes little sense.

Also, would post civil-war finland have the navy needed to administer a colonial empire?

Well perhaps only a part of Congo then (some of the coastal with a bit of inland territory), I imagine they might not have meant "Belgian" Congo as all of it... The navy shouldn't be a problem, ships could be bought from the Germans as the Finnish economy was ok. And Belgium didn't exactly have a strong or large navy either, despite it they could hold Congo. Finland had a small navy of left-over Russian navy ships, which included gunboats, motor torpedo boats and minesweepers, there was prersonnel to operate them to, after the old Finnish navy-unit that existed during the Czar era, which had additional ships. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suomen_Meriekipaasi

And nobody has said Germany would give Finland it's colony exactly when they win, they might wait a while til they deem Finland ready...

keep getting error message

Yeah I keeping getting this error message when I press the single player game, it reads like this ---Error:(scenarioInfo:Unexpected Field)'UES={'line=9file=scenarios\0_Global_War.eug---, and I have no idea how to fix this! Please help I really want to try this mod out! :confused:

I have a couple questions I've been meaning to ask, I can't remember all of them but here goes:

1. Why does Finland have cores on all of Karelia expect (IIRC) Murmansk and the Kola? shouldn't it have all of that?

2. Why did they make the Qing Empire instead of some Han empire state, because at the time of creation the Manchus would be a tiny minority... :confused:

Samilou said:
Well perhaps only a part of Congo then (some of the coastal with a bit of inland territory), I imagine they might not have meant "Belgian" Congo as all of it... The navy shouldn't be a problem, ships could be bought from the Germans as the Finnish economy was ok. And Belgium didn't exactly have a strong or large navy either, despite it they could hold Congo. Finland had a small navy of left-over Russian navy ships, which included gunboats, motor torpedo boats and minesweepers, there was prersonnel to operate them to, after the old Finnish navy-unit that existed during the Czar era, which had additional ships. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suomen_Meriekipaasi

And nobody has said Germany would give Finland it's colony exactly when they win, they might wait a while til they deem Finland ready...
I believe we are quite certain that Finland will not get Congo. Finland has other claims in other areas.

rcduggan said:
2. Why did they make the Qing Empire instead of some Han empire state, because at the time of creation the Manchus would be a tiny minority... :confused:

Well, Puyi (last emperor of China, later puppet ruler of Manchouku in our timeline) was Qing.

Charle_88 said:
Well, Puyi (last emperor of China, later puppet ruler of Manchouku in our timeline) was Qing.
yes but would the Han majority (90-99% of "qing" territory) take kindly to two foreign powers reinstalling an unpopular empire

don't forget, there were many Han rebellions against the Qing in the 50 years before the Restoration... the whole mess with Yuan Shikai, the Boxer Rebellion, the Nien Rebellion, the Dungan Revolt, not to mention that whole Taiping mess.

but then what do I know? :(

KanaX said:
They are coming, just a tad slowly.

Well, I hope they get around to developing some of those new nations, especially the Legation Cities. I somehow just love the concept :D

Mishgan said:
Well, I hope they get around to developing some of those new nations, especially the Legation Cities. I somehow just love the concept :D
China is one of the less-handled areas of the mod, I'm afraid. We have big plans, but nothing solid. :(

KanaX said:
China is one of the less-handled areas of the mod, I'm afraid. We have big plans, but nothing solid. :(

Eh, I'd be glad to help, but my coding skills are -20 (yes, that's a minus there) and my knowledge of China is -5 (yep, still a minus). :(

Mishgan said:
Eh, I'd be glad to help, but my coding skills are -20 (yes, that's a minus there) and my knowledge of China is -5 (yep, still a minus). :(

You can learn =) Just try until it works. :)

FallenMorgan said:
Is this compatable with Armageddon?
Yes, but it's designed for DD.

I just wanted to share a crazy ass game as Austria. Centralized monarchy in the Ausgleich, Hungary and Galacia submitted but Bohemia and Croatia resisted, Went to war with Bohemia, annexed it in a week, but Croatia remained independent. 3rd Balkan war happened, allied with Bulgaria, took over Romania and Serbia. Republic of the Sicilies then DoWd Italian Federation. Allied with the Italian Federation, but could not save it. Eventually broke through, and annexed Republic of the Sicilies, advanced into southern France but was stopped cold due to superior French numbers. (At this time I had 5 field armies, 3 infantry corps, 2 motorized corps, 1 Panzer army, 1 Panzer corps.) Event came up with France, Alsace-Lorraine or War, France DoWd Germany; Freed up enough numbers that I broke through southern France and reached Bordeaux, Germany annexed France shortly afterwards; Also the Entente DoWd Union of Britain and the CSA DoWd Canada, in which the CSA took over Canada in the span of 2 weeks. Decided to DoW Croatia, but little did I know; Germany gauranteed Croatia's independence. Germany DoWs me. Pulled off a quick Schlieffen-like operation; and shifted all of my forces northwards. Made a straight push into Berlin and cut the country in half, and destroyed 3 full German armies in the process. Germany then counter attacks from Bavaria into mainland Austria, and Southern France into Italy. I eventually push them back all the way to Belgium and Marseilles. Ukraine decides to mount a full offensive into Galacia and makes only minor gains, after I encircle and destroy a few Ukranian army corps. The Ottomans then launches a major offensive into Bulgaria and decimates them, until I sent down an army and now that front is contained. Playing on Normal Difficulty/Furious AI. All in all... Holy shit. What a mod.

austrialh6.jpg

Last edited: