• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
:rofl:

Obviously in this timeline he didn't keep his promise then.

Though perhaps putting Finland in the German alliance is a good idea.

South America is far from Spain, but still it was spanish colony.

And yeah, Macao is far from portugal, still count as a colony, eh?

I can't seem to find the Kaiserreich wiki. Could someone send me a link to it.

Lord Finnish said:
When Finland gained independence in 1917, Germans immediatly sent help wishing for northern ally in Europe. As they sent their Prince here, rumours tell that Germans promised Belgian Congo to Finland in case they won the war.

And atleast according to Wikipedia, Finland should be part of 'Mittereuropa' Alliance.

I know, but Congo because to Mittelafrika. There's no need for that. And Finland is going to be a part of Mitteleurope, I made that motion myself.

FallenMorgan: Excuse my rudeness, but I'm out of juice answering to questions people can find answers themselves.

Lord Finnish said:
When Finland gained independence in 1917, Germans immediatly sent help wishing for northern ally in Europe. As they sent their Prince here, rumours tell that Germans promised Belgian Congo to Finland in case they won the war.

No offense, Lord Finnish, but do you have a source for this? It does sound rather unlikely...

1- what is supposed to happen in china? The legation cities took some of my territory via event but that's it.

We do have several events in China, but not all of them fire in every game. Also, we work on expanding the event chains in East Asia.

2-I declared war on syndicalist france after they killed my diplomat on the train to bucharest, annexed them, then annexed britain and republic of the 2 sicilies. When i declared war Canada joined in declaring war on them, but they didn't do anything else. the map was reshuffled (I balkanized the UK isles, kept france because I could only liberate syndicalist france, then gave the south of italy to the north via event), what now? doesn't canada want the isles back?

Revolters will be reworked for the next version. Als o more post-war events will hopefully eventually be added. But of course, after a certain point, there simply are not any more events.

3-ukraine turned sindicalist but they aren't doing anything.
Syndicalist Ukraine has an option to remain neutral, or might ally with France. There are several options.

5-i went with 'prepare for further actions' in byelorussia when the heir killed all his family and assumed control, but nothing else came up.
I think this eventchain is not finished yet.

No offense, Lord Finnish, but do you have a source for this? It does sound rather unlikely...

I don't think it sounds unlikely. Nations say funny things to try to make friends.

wilegfass said:
screensave1ib3.png

Yup, no war. It might just be 1.0.1 or whatever it is though.
Where'd you get the Union of America Propaganda flag, its pretty funny.

Surely Huey Long was not right wing. He was a leftist I think.

I played yesterday, and when American Union State revolted, I loaded the game as them. Eventually, USA also got Huey Long as leader, and they declared war on me, so there were two countries led by the very same Huey Long, fighting each other :rofl:
a win-win situation for him, and pretty funny imho

Andromedos said:

It's just a rumour. However, if they already gave us a prince to be a king, why couldn't they had gave Finland a colony somewhere?

Lord Finnish said:
It's just a rumour. However, if they already gave us a prince to be a king, why couldn't they had gave Finland a colony somewhere?
I seriously doubt that this colony thing will ever come into the game. Congo is a central part of Mittelafrika, and there's no need to change that.

KanaX said:
I seriously doubt that this colony thing will ever come into the game. Congo is a central part of Mittelafrika, and there's no need to change that.

Not to mention that it was a colony with lots of natural resources, would be a very nice little gem in the crown of a German empire with colonial ambitions.

As nice a thought as it is, I seriously doubt that the Germans would ever have given away Congo if they managed to take it, and certainly not to Finland (no offense). It's also doubtful a newly-formed Finland (which historically had a civil war during this period) would be able to administer a colony in Africa.

Charle_88 said:
Not to mention that it was a colony with lots of natural resources, would be a very nice little gem in the crown of a German empire with colonial ambitions.

As nice a thought as it is, I seriously doubt that the Germans would ever have given away Congo if they managed to take it, and certainly not to Finland (no offense). It's also doubtful a newly-formed Finland (which historically had a civil war during this period) would be able to administer a colony in Africa.

The civil war had ended before WW1 had ended to begin with. I don't think it would be a major (perhaps some difficulties early on) problem for Finland (less than 3 million people after the war I think) to administrate it. Considering both Portugal and Britain (well actually nearly all colonial powers had) also had such a huge size and population difference to it's own colonial empire, and they did manage to keep it for quite a long time, sometimes without trouble. And I imagine if Germany would be willing to give Congo to Finland, aiding Finland in the beginning with administration of Congo would also be possible. It's also propable that most belgians would be staying in Congo, former Belgian administrators and officials would be possible for Finland to hire and then gradually they could colonize it themselves. It's not like Finland was disorganized or in turmoil after WW1, it was relatively stable and well-run compared to the rest of Europe, it had been autonomous with an own government (and even a small army) for decades by the time it declared full independence 1917.

I suggest you could just create an event for Germany to chose to hand Congo over to Finland because they deemed Finland as capable from the game start and on to control it's own colony. You could give Germany a VP boost and possibly a dissent drop to reflect prestige gained by Germany (for keeping it's word) if they decide to hand it over, and a loss of them if refusing. Giving it away could also give Mittelafrika an option to revolt (or merely protest) against Germany or something. Could as well give Germany a small manpower boost and alliance with Finland if handing it over, if not the Finnish AI could be made strictly neutral, in Switzerland or Sweden's style and hurt relations with it a bit.

This would at least give Finnish players, perhaps other players as well quite a bit of extra entertainment. Since the game is after all supposed to be entertainment, thus if there are even a small chance of something happening it should be reflected in the game.

I still oppose the idea. There are events for Finland already, with a lot of territorial gains as well. Giving Congo to them would be useless, and I believe that Congo is an integral part of Mittelafrika. Göring would never give it up. And Finland is going to be a part of Mitteleuropa.

KanaX said:
I still oppose the idea. There are events for Finland already, with a lot of territorial gains as well. Giving Congo to them would be useless, and I believe that Congo is an integral part of Mittelafrika. Göring would never give it up. And Finland is going to be a part of Mitteleuropa.

Why deny the players that? You can simply add an option where Finland simply refuses to accept Congo.