• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If u want a third player in a KR multi im in :cool:

Rommel22 said:
I will do just that, get the patch, I still play 1914 every now and then. But mainly CORE or HSR. This mod seems great, and someone did an AAR on it which made me want to try it out even more. So hopefully I will get it working soon..

Hopefully you’ll be on AIM today, I should be on around 7pm.

Gah, I work nightshift from 4:30pm-2:30am every Mon-Thurs. Maybe we can do something during the weekend since thats my only free time. But anyway, I just finished a game in KR playing as Germany over the past month, and it was fun as hell. Still a few bugs here and there, but one of the best, if not the best, mod out there.

Schutzstaffel said:
Gah, I work nightshift from 4:30pm-2:30am every Mon-Thurs. Maybe we can do something during the weekend since thats my only free time. But anyway, I just finished a game in KR playing as Germany over the past month, and it was fun as hell. Still a few bugs here and there, but one of the best, if not the best, mod out there.

Oh, you work nights; it will have to wait until the weekend then. No problem, I will try a game as Germany first and see how I do and all. Have to get familiar with the mod first. So by the weekend I should be good to go. I look forward to it.

Rommel22 said:
Oh, you work nights; it will have to wait until the weekend then. No problem, I will try a game as Germany first and see how I do and all. Have to get familiar with the mod first. So by the weekend I should be good to go. I look forward to it.

Yup, I'm up to playing as either Germany, Austria, or Russia. Either one of us as those 3 would pan out to be a rather fun game. :wacko:

Oh and that AAR we never finished from like 2-3 years ago, with me as the USSR and you as Germany... too bad we never finished it. I was planning an epic war against you. Hopefully we can make a new AAR with this mod, or maybe 1914 (since I'm in a 1914ish mood, hehe) But this time, not so much backstabbing! Jeez. Well... maybe a little. ;)

Last edited:
Schutzstaffel said:
Yup, I'm up to playing as either Germany, Austria, or Russia. Either one of us as those 3 would pan out to be a rather fun game. :wacko:

Oh and that AAR we never finished from like 2-3 years ago, with me as the USSR and you as Germany... too bad we never finished it. I was planning an epic war against you. Hopefully we can make a new AAR with this mod, or maybe 1914 (since I'm in a 1914ish mood, hehe) But this time, not so much backstabbing! Jeez. Well... maybe a little. ;)

Yea, I was thinking me as Russia or Germany, not sure yet, I'll have to try the mod first.

Yea I remember that AAR, it was awesome, that was one of my first HOI2 games, and it was MP. I know you were planning an invasion, well I was getting ready for it. I didn't have no where near the amount of divisions, but I sure did have better quality.

Anyway, we aught to do an AAR for KR I agree though, not as much back stabbing, but we also should not play with a rule stating we are not to attack each other. It should be a free for all, so you know one day a war is comming between us.

I am still getting the error, even after applying the patch, and I checked manually to make sure the line matched to what you posted and it does.

I took a screenshot of the error:
KR_error.jpg

I hope that helps, I am not sure why I keep getting it. Everything loads fine until this point.

Yea, thats the exact same error I had with 1.0. Did you disable and re-enable via JSGME when you applied the patch? If not, do so. If you only changed it via MODS/Kaissereich/etc that wouldn't work; since those files are not active within the game itself. Hence, which is why you have to disable/re-enable.

And if all else fails, I'll just send you my copy of KR via AIM, since I know for a fact mine works. :p

Last edited:
looks like it could be missing quotes around the title of the event, or something like that. JSGME the mod off, then check the event file in the MOD folder

I applied the patch before I even enabled the mod. I placed the KR 1.0 folder in the MODS folder, then I applied the patch, basically copy and pasted the files from the patch folder into the KR 1.0 folder, over writing all files it prompted me to.

I am thinking of maybe downloading the whole 1.01 version and see if that works.

Btw, where do you place the optional skins, I downloaded those. Do I place them in the KR folder?

Rommel22 said:
I applied the patch before I even enabled the mod. I placed the KR 1.0 folder in the MODS folder, then I applied the patch, basically copy and pasted the files from the patch folder into the KR 1.0 folder, over writing all files it prompted me to.

I am thinking of maybe downloading the whole 1.01 version and see if that works.

Btw, where do you place the optional skins, I downloaded those. Do I place them in the KR folder?
In the GFX folder.

Rommel22 said:
That’s what I thought, just to clarify, I place it in the MODS/KR/GFX folder right? Not the regular HOI2 DD folder.
The regular HOI2 DD folder.

Schutzstaffel said:
Tell me if you get it working. You better!
Well it is not working, however I do get home early today, 12:45pm, so hopefully you'll be on AIM and can help me out with this.

I know I am not stupid, i gotten other mods to work just fine, mods from other games with much more complex install procedures than this. So I am at a loss here, either I am missing something, or the mod does not work for ME.

Rommel22 said:
Well it is not working, however I do get home early today, 12:45pm, so hopefully you'll be on AIM and can help me out with this.

I know I am not stupid, i gotten other mods to work just fine, mods from other games with much more complex install procedures than this. So I am at a loss here, either I am missing something, or the mod does not work for ME.

Yea, sounds weird. I'll be on.

I got it working, what I ended up doing is, downloading the full 1.0.1 version. it worked just fine. Nut sure why downloading 1.0 and patching it didn't work, but it didn't no matter how may times I tried.

Thank you everyone for the help.

I am having a blast playing as Russia in this mod, the events around the world and the Russian events are great, very good mod.

Rommel22 said:
I got it working, what I ended up doing is, downloading the full 1.0.1 version. it worked just fine. Nut sure why downloading 1.0 and patching it didn't work, but it didn't no matter how may times I tried.

I am having a blast playing as Russia in this mod, the events around the world and the Russian events are great, very good mod.
Good to know you like it. :)

Rommel22 said:

Don't forget about me now, I'm dying to play this MP.

You and me both, I look forward to playing this MP. I am not sure as to what country I want to play as right now. Russia is very appealing as I am playing it now and having a great time, lot of choices and paths to choose from.

I only played Germany for a little while, but I do not like the whole overseas empire thing, I hate managing overseas colonial territory, all those convoys and all, not my style, but other than that, Germany seems like great fun.

Now France is a possibility, I haven’t tried playing as France, but to me it seems like they are in a position as Germany was in real life. The French are coming back with a vengeance to punish Germany for what it has done, could be fun.

I definitely want to play this mod MP, this weekend we will for sure.

Btw, my game as Russia right now is going very well, and rather intriguing. I reinstated the Monarchy; my alignment is towards the right with a somewhat open society (Authoritarian Democracy). With the army reforms I took the mobile arm course, focusing on mobile/armored warfare, moving my slider all the way to the left (Standing Amy).

However with all these events, the dissent hits are insane, I ended up with dissent in the 40% at one point, took me a whole year to bring down to 0. However I did build some serious cash, some 8000. I recovered the economy, reestablished Russia’s dominance/control over the Trans-Siberian railroad and re-acquired the far eastern provinces of Vladivostok without firing a shot.

Another Balkan war broke out with Romania, and Greece on the same side, they managed to defeat Bulgaria. I managed to join their alliance, and soon thereafter Romania DOWed Serbia whom they overran fairly quickly. The AI actually did very well; Greek and Romanian forces working together to take on Serbia.

I been quite busy on my end too, Turkistan DOWed the country north of them, whose name I forget. But for a while there it was back and forth, however in the end Turkistan prevailed and annexed the other country, so they bordered me.

A year later, Turkistan thought I was still too weak or something, and DOWed me, lucky me I had stationed half my forces on their border a year before when they were at war with the other country. They chose the best time of year however, at the beginning of fall. All my border battles resulted in victory, but as soon as I occupied the initial provinces it was tough to make any more headway due to the weather and some provinces being mountainous.

Long story short, by July of the next year, I annexed all of Turkistan, now I border Persia, and Afghanistan.