• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Biges said:
So, are the main bugs mentioned here solved? Or should I wait? Thanks :)

That depends on wich main bugs u mean. :p

FallenMorgan said:
I don't see any sort of second civil war thing.

Hmm thats weird.

I thought you could play as the CSA and whatnot from the begining. Is that the autosave with the white flag with the red at the bottom?

FallenMorgan said:
I thought you could play as the CSA and whatnot from the begining. Is that the autosave with the white flag with the red at the bottom?
Sounds to me like you have an install problem, as the CSA is supposed to have a red and black flag.

And no, the CSA doesn't break off until the november election, and the same with the america first union.

Davisx3m said:
That depends on wich main bugs u mean. :p

Well if things work as intended. I read about USA being annexed by CSA despite winning the war, Germany not releasing France as it should be and so on.

Last edited:
I find the lack of envents for any of the chinese factions disturbing. I think each faction should have events allowing them to claim all of China. Like in the Yunnan clique or Manchukuo takes Beijing they get the mandate of heaven and claims on all China. Something like that would be nice to see.

Ermac said:
I find the lack of envents for any of the chinese factions disturbing. I think each faction should have events allowing them to claim all of China. Like in the Yunnan clique or Manchukuo takes Beijing they get the mandate of heaven and claims on all China. Something like that would be nice to see.

I believe no one would hurt you for making such events ;)

Noted some problems while playing Canada...

Based out of Algiers, and in conjunction with National French forces, I conquered the French Commune. While in the middle of that war, the Commune declared war on Germany over Alsace-Lorraine. The event should be written that if they are at war with anyone else, the event gets delayed until they are at peace. When I took Paris and annexed the Commune, Germany held much of eastern France, therefore no events fired. I gave the provinces to National France (can we have an event to change that name, please?) but they got no cores, and kept trying to give me the territory.

I then took out the Union of Britain (we need some way to change that name too). An event fired when I took London, but nothing else happened. No reuniting the Empire. At first I could liberate Scotland, Wales, and England. But when I liberated Scotland, the Union of Britain then showed up.

I thought there were supposed to be events for reuniting the Empire???

Plus, the Italian Federation reconquered the Sicilies. No events fired. The Italian Federation had no cores and kept trying to give me the territory.

orimazd said:
Sounds to me like you have an install problem, as the CSA is supposed to have a red and black flag.

And no, the CSA doesn't break off until the november election, and the same with the america first union.

Ahh okay I think I might know which one that is. I'll have to check when my mom gets home, I play it on her computer.

I need some help installing this mod, I feel like a moron trying to get it to work with no luck so far.

The instructions say to extract the mod files into the HOI2 directory. However the instructions mentioned the mod enabler, a mod folder, and extracting the mod enabler into the HOI2 directory where the .exe is.

I have done the following so far:
Extracted the Kaiserreich files into the root directory of HOI2 and tried running the game without the mod enabler. The result was an error message reading the scenario files and it crashed.

So I tried extracting the mod files into the mod folder (vanilla HOI2 DD 1.3a of course, I started from scratch again), then enabled the mod using the mod enabler and I still got a scenario file error. I cannot remember exactly the number, but it was something to do with the fall of Paris. The game crashed after this error as well. (Actually the error was the same in my first attempt)

I am using HOI2 DD 1.3a, I have CORE and HSR working just fine on other installations of HOI2 DD 1.3a. I made a brand new folder and copied all the HOI2 DD files into it, so this is where I am installing Kaiserreich into, a vanilla HOI2 DD 1.3a directory.

I must be doing something wrong to keep getting an error message. I am able to load up the game and get into the menus just fine, the menu graphics load just fine and correspond to the mod, same with the flags and all, but I receive an error no matter how I try to install and run the game.

I hope someone can help me out here.

So, why didn't you use the mod enabler?

KanaX said:
So, why didn't you use the mod enabler?

I did, and still got the error. I did mention in my original post that I did try using the mod enabler, the mod was enabled and I launched the game. But when I started the campaign, during the loading processes, I got the 'failed to read scenario file' error. Referring to a Fall of Paris event.

Rommel22 said:
I did, and still got the error. I did mention in my original post that I did try using the mod enabler, the mod was enabled and I launched the game. But when I started the campaign, during the loading processes, I got the 'failed to read scenario file' error. Referring to a Fall of Paris event.

Hey Fil, this is a known error with 1.0 version of KR, what you need to do is DL this small patch-fix http://rapidshare.com/files/58287096/Kaiserreich_1.0.1.rar.html and install it over the Kaissereich folder. You need to disable it off JSGME first, overwrite over the KR folder, then re-enable, and you should be good to go. Or, you can also fix it yourself. In the db/events/kaiserreich/WWII/partions.txt file, go to the bottom, about a few lines above it. Delete one of the } from the triggers so the trigger looks like this:

Code:
trigger = {
	control = { province = 56 data = -1 } # Paris
}

You should log on AIM sometime and we can play a game of this, would be like the old days. ;)

Last edited:
Schutzstaffel said:
Hey Fil, this is a known error with 1.0 version of KR, what you need to do is DL this small patch-fix http://rapidshare.com/files/58287096/Kaiserreich_1.0.1.rar.html and install it over the Kaissereich folder. You need to disable it off JSGME first, overwrite over the KR folder, then re-enable, and you should be good to go. Or, you can also fix it yourself. In the db/events/kaiserreich/WWII/partions.txt file, go to the bottom, about a few lines above it. Delete one of the } from the triggers so the trigger looks like this:

Code:
trigger = {
	control = { province = 56 data = -1 } # Paris
}

You should log on AIM sometime and we can play a game of this, would be like the old days. ;)

Hey Vin,

Thanks for the help I will try that. Wow I did not know you still play HOI, much less any mods. It amazing how some things do not change over time. I will definitely log on AIM, it would be great to play this MP or pay HOI2 MP again, or just catch up.

Hope to talk to you soon. Later

Rommel22 said:
Hey Vin,

Thanks for the help I will try that. Wow I did not know you still play HOI, much less any mods. It amazing how some things do not change over time. I will definitely log on AIM, it would be great to play this MP or pay HOI2 MP again, or just catch up.

Hope to talk to you soon. Later

Yea, I mainly play Kaiserreich and 1914 nowadays, but yea, hopefully I'll catch up with you soon. :)

Oh and I just remembered, it would probably be better to download the patch, since it fixes other events and CTDs as well.

I will do just that, get the patch, I still play 1914 every now and then. But mainly CORE or HSR. This mod seems great, and someone did an AAR on it which made me want to try it out even more. So hopefully I will get it working soon..

Hopefully you’ll be on AIM today, I should be on around 7pm.