• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Kibbles said:
Or, you can fix the error yourself. In the DB/Events/KAISERREICH/WWII/Partios folder, go to the very bottom. Delete one of the } from the triggers so the trigger looks like this:

Code:
trigger = {
	control = { province = 56 data = -1 } # Paris
}

I left an extra bracket in and I only corrected it in one of the two versions I was uploading.

Is there a version of the patch that I can download where you don't need this fix? It's not working for me, as you can see by my screenshot on an earlier page. Can somebody send me their partitions folder?

What is with the territory Japan gets after defeating Russia? It stretches to the Ob River (it appears), minus the Transbaikal region and other random territories, including one completely cut off from Russia. This I found odd because Japan had only conquered up to around Yakutsk. It seems they got a good deal, I guess after puppeting the Don-Kuban, absorbing/annexing Alash-orda and the Turkomen, and beating Mongolia Russia felt like surrending a huge swath of their territories. Another small thing about about this is that Russia had defeated Mongolia earlier, would this have affected the Japanese peace deal? Would they have wanted Mongolia to become liberated, so they could attempt to influence?

Just one quick question to the developers: i played a game with the usa, csa seceeded, but i managed to defeat them in late 1937. now i have fallen back to the huge peacetime ic mod of -75%, now in rl the second world war helped to gear up americas industry, though the civil war was not that big i wonder if it has no effect. or is there any other way to bring the modifier to an sane level (like the geraing up events in vanilla)???

ppw89 said:
Just one quick question to the developers: i played a game with the usa, csa seceeded, but i managed to defeat them in late 1937. now i have fallen back to the huge peacetime ic mod of -75%, now in rl the second world war helped to gear up americas industry, though the civil war was not that big i wonder if it has no effect. or is there any other way to bring the modifier to an sane level (like the geraing up events in vanilla)???
Go to war with someone else. And I'd think that the rebellion of the industrial heartland of the US might make the industrial output smaller.

KanaX said:
Go to war with someone else. And I'd think that the rebellion of the industrial heartland of the US might make the industrial output smaller.

Exactly. If the USA Religious Corporatists wage a war upon the working union members. What are the chances those that are alive will lower productivity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkeywrenching

so you are telling me that with the east- and westcoast still intact (never even harmed actually) as well as the midwest totally unscathered, and despite the enermeous production achieved during war the day peace reigns again the whole industry breaks down again, so that the industrial output of the reunited US is smaller then the one of the USA without the csa (which btw never had an restriction on the factories during all of the war, which makes them dropping back even more unlikely) and this is going to be this way forever and there is no chance that the usa will ever get rid of this 75% penalty whatever happens in the remainung 26 years of the game? o0

(i am actually wondering why there even is a 75 peacetime penalty, which in vanilla represented the great depression (which as i am aware never happened in this timeline), because when representing the long term decline of the us econmy , as mentioned in the background story, it would have been easier to lower the starting ic and not to take away 3/4 productivty from every factory you start with, and every factory you will ever build in the future (meaning the us would be the only nation to actually having to wait not 5 but 20 years for one point of ic to pay off).

edit: come to think of it, the us never would have had that severe troibles as it had in the kaiserreich timeline as it had a huge market at home, which leaves a long term decline relatively unlikely, while a short term decline caused be the entete being unable to repay their war time credits would only cause temporary declines in productivity (similar to those of the great depression), which should be fightable over the time (for example events costing money, supplies resoruces and the like for removing bits of the peacetime penalty over the course of several years (8-10 years perhaps, given the US will perhaps not get involved in a big war(which would have boosted the econmy like ww2 did))

Last edited:
ppw89 said:
so you are telling me that with the east- and westcoast still intact (never even harmed actually) as well as the midwest totally unscathered, and despite the enermeous production achieved during war the day peace reigns again the whole industry breaks down again, so that the industrial output of the reunited US is smaller then the one of the USA without the csa and this is going to be this way forever and there is no chance that the usa will ever get rid of this 75% penalty whatever happens in the remainung 26 years of the game? o0

(i am actually wondering why there even is a 75 peacetime penalty, which in vanilla represented the great depression (which as i am aware never happened in this timeline), because when representing the long term decline of the us econmy , as mentioned in the background story, it would have been easier to lower the starting ic and not to take away 3/4 productivty from every factory you start with, and every factory you will ever build in the future (meaning the us would be the only nation to actually having to wait not 5 but 20 years for one point of ic to pay off).

I think the peace penalty is the insane social unrest of that peroid. Also, since the majority of the American civil war seems to be waged with 6-10 1918 inf divisions and some militia for each side, letting the US player crank out even 5 or so inf divisions from the start of the scenario would throw things off.

What is America's IC in Kaiserreich? 280ish IIRC, and 150 after the war, which makes it if not the strongest Industrial power in the world, one of the top 3. It looks a little silly, but Germany has what...170 base IC (and a decent peace penalty itself). Admittedly Germany's real power comes from its ungodly number of huge puppets. But considering that #1 world power doesn't break IC 200, and that Russia has less than 100 IC to start with, the US, even when its reduced to post civil war is doing quite well.

I do agree that at least the Constituionalists should get cores back within game time. I've heard that they are suppossed to be able to reunite America faster than the CSA or AUS (being legitimate and all) but so far they seem to have no reconstruction events or really anything to do after they win.

I think the CoF dislikes the CSA, as does Britain. I can't join their alliance, I can't even propose a non-aggression pact!

France should have been working like crazy to get the CSA into the Internationale. ...especially seeing that my current IC 534/314 with only 2 rounds of IC built in my starting provinces, I have plenty of resources to spare and a tiny bit of dissent.

Also should Norway be following UoB into the war? Why does the UoB declare war on Denmark in every war?

ppw89 said:
(i am actually wondering why there even is a 75 peacetime penalty, which in vanilla represented the great depression (which as i am aware never happened in this timeline))
look, the american economy was badly damaged by german protectionism after the weltkrieg, not to mention the Entente being unable to repay their loans, then they emerge from a long bloody civil war centering on the industrial heartland into the ongoing great depression (1936-19??), and that civil war would still leave that heartland rife with dissent and (what with the massive amount of guns left after the civil war) syndicalist paramilitary activities. You cant expect them to have a good economy after the civil war.

The JAP-RUS bitter peace only makes peace between Japan and Russia, not between Russia, her puppets and Japan's Imperial holdings... Manchuria is getting dashed by the Ruskies!

well protectionism cant harm them too much, as exports where at least before world war one never really that much import for the american econmy (i remember reading something about it in paul kennedy`s rise and fall of the great powers, will check it as soon as possible). Neither am i arguing to give the us a powerful economy before or even immediately after the civil war.

But to represent the harm done by german economic protectionism (weather it is realistical or not), i think it would be better to lower the starting ic. furthermore i having nothing against keeping the penalty from the start, but as it is supposed to represent social unrest and the great depression it should not be there forever, i dont think there would still be such turmoil in the late fifties for example, considering the game ends in 1964 its simply ridiculous to asume that this penalty will still be in place.

my idea for an practical aproach to solve this problem would be to code events which will, after the civil war is over, represent the slow recovery of the nation, like 8 events, one firing every year, taking away 1/8 of the penalty but also reducing the base ic of the us by half the amount they would gain by removing the eight part of the penalty. this would lead to a slow recovery which would leave an weakened US (i believe at least 80-90 ic less ) but one which is not burdened by a 75% penalty on every new ic they build an can tehreofre recover from its problems in the late forties to early fifties (given the player chooses to start the reconstruction programms via event).

ok propably this would still allow the US to be nr 1 or 2 industrial power, but given the us industrial output pretty much equalled whole europe`s before world war 1 is does not seem to outlandish to me

edit: looked it up in rise and fall of the great powers, in 1913 only 8% of the US GDP were generated by trade with other countries, the rest was generated by the US home market

Last edited:
ppw89's idea does seem quite usable and suitable. Plus after all the events in the US are ultimately about fun and to challenge players. I agree despite his use of the word "realistical" which would be apt reason to ignore his ideas out of hand, print out his post and set fire to it in a symbolic gesture :p

Schutzstaffel said:
What you need to do, is when you apply the patch on your mods folder, you Disable and Re-enable the mod so those files become active, if you haven't done so.
This is what I did:

1) Enabled Kaiserreich 1.0
2) Enabled 1.0.1
3) Attempted to disable/re-enable 1.0
4) Got error message

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I misunderstood. Trying something else.

EMFM said:
This is what I did:

1) Enabled Kaiserreich 1.0
2) Enabled 1.0.1
3) Attempted to disable/re-enable 1.0
4) Got error message

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I misunderstood. Trying something else.

Put the patch files in the Kaiserreich 1.0 folder, and overwrite them. Then disable and re-enable.

Schutzstaffel said:
Put the patch files in the Kaiserreich 1.0 folder, and overwrite them. Then disable and re-enable.
I just enabled the 1.0.1, applied the fix, disabled it and re-enabled. Oddly enough, it worked. No file editing whatsoever besides what Kibbles did. The strange thing is that it worked this time, but not last time.

Can any1 plz explain to me in detail how to download/setup this mod???(this would be my seconde mod....Im a noob lol)

Balance problem: usually, Romania and Greece, after Bulgaria's defeat, declare war on Hungary. The problem is, this gets them in a war against the whole Mitteleuropa, Germany included, which they have no chance of winning. Beside, after the war is over, Germany's IC penalty is removed: this means that they have a year to build-up faster than France, which leads to an inevitable German victory in WWII. This is also helped by an isolationist CoF, which doesn't ally with anyone, not even the CSA.