• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maurice Gamelin is at the same time minister in the People's republic of France, and a Tech team in the nationalist France pool. WAD?

I got 'partitioning of Germany' event at the begining of my game as Commune of France. Even if this event had no effects, was it a bug?

'partitioning of Germany' event at the begining of my game
The event is pointless, so it wasnt used. Its for after a French victory, they might liberate Germany into 4 different states. That event secedes any territory that France might control in Germany to to the puppet states, but they'd already control all the territory France could give so its pointless and its harmless. Those events are really for Britain and Sicily. It'll be removed in the patch.

and also some descriptions for some major-playing countries
Yeah, I noticed that too but didnt see what was causing them. It'll be fixed in the patch.

Maurice Gamelin is at the same time minister in the People's republic of France
No, thats not WAD and I'll look into it.

Another event problem: in the third internationale meeting chain, if i choose than syndicalysm must not be expended outside of France i would get a boost of 9 toward interventionism. When i choose 'we will use any measn to overthrown the bourgeoisie' i get a +2 isolationism and a +2 dove lobby. I think than many other slider moves are problematics, better have a look at this.

Overall i say goob job with it, this version fully deserve the title of 1.0!

EDIT: i got the event 'Germany ban the FAUD' twice in the congress, sorry to spam the thread with bug report.

Last edited:
General_Grant said:
Another event problem: in the third internationale meeting chain, if i choose than syndicalysm must not be expended outside of France i would get a boost of 9 toward interventionism. When i choose 'we will use any measn to overthrown the bourgeoisie' i get a +2 isolationism and a +2 dove lobby. I think than many other slider moves are problematics, better have a look at this.

Overall i say goob job with it, this version fully deserve the title of 1.0!

It's known and to be patched.

Just a few nitpicks concerning a few of the major countries (and U09)

CSA:
At first glance, there are still CSA tech teams without pictures (ids 10506, 10507, 10509, 10511, 10512, 10515 and 10518) CSA leader Hemingway still lacks a picture (which should be easily fixed, since he's also a minister, Mulzac OTH has a leader pic but none as a minister).
I have not loaded and played to find out if the CSA tech teams pics are distorted in the game as before (George C. Marshall, for instance, looked very Picasso), but will do so soon.

U09 has its ministers as tech teams?

CAN/UoB:
Charles Portal, "Bomber" Harris, Trafford Leigh Mallory and Dudley Pound are Canadian leaders, but UoB tech teams, Pound, Harris and Mallory are also leaders in UoB.
Carton de Wiart, Mountbatten, Wingate, Alexander, Fitzpatrick, Wilson H.M, Giffard and Brooke-Popham are duplicate generals in CAN/UoB.
Cunningham J.H.D. and Phillips are duplicate admirals.
Slim is a leader in UoB and the Princely Federation.
Tom Mann is still pictureless, as is Annie Kennedy (but not Annie Kenney, Christabel Pankhurst, Lewis Jones and Oliver Stanley.
Kim Philby can take over as minister in 36, at the ripe old age of 24 (left-over from Vanilla, I suppose).

France:
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry and Issak Manouchian are ministers without pictures.

Brazil: Plínio Salgado is a duplicate HoS/HoG, with and without the í. The version with Plinio instead of Plínio has pictures, which the latter lacks.

In general, all of the leaders/tech teams/ministers that are missing pics have things such as "Kaiserreich Dubinsky" written down in the "pic slot field" in the editor, but no pictures.

That's everything I've come across so far, I hope that at least some it was previously unknown to you.

Edit: Algeria; no pics for Tuaregs.

Edit 2: Also, Norwegian events are still a mess of mix-ups between "domestic" and "set_domestic", for instance there is "set_domestic which = political_left value = 1" if they accept a bond with the UoB.

Last edited:
I need help!

In my game as Commune of France, the game crash at December 17, 1936. I reloaded 5 times the autosave but it still crashing.

Puerto Rico declares independence at the same time, maybe this is the problem.

Wich event is at cause and in wich file is it located? Maybe i can have a look at it and if i don't find a solution, remove it.

I think Eams' post answered General Grant's problem. U09 is Puerto Rico, and U09's tech teams are their ministers. A major problem like this is all the more reason to release 1.0.1 tomorrow. If you think this isnt the problem, heres the events:

Code:
event = {
id = 9000813
picture = "Campos"
country = USA
style = 0

trigger = { 
	control = { province = 895 data = USA }
	flag = ACW_U09 
		NOT = { 
		exists = U09
	}
}

date = { day = 1 month = september year = 1936 }
offset = 15
deathdate = { day = 15 month = april year = 1937 }

name = "EVT_9000813_NAME"
desc = "EVT_9000813_DESC"

action_a = {
name = "We should have stamped out the Nationalists when we had the chance!"
 	command = { type = independence which = U09 value = 0 when = 0 }
	command = { type = trigger which = 8000814 }
	command = { type = removecore which = 766 }
	command = { type = dissent value = 1 }
	}
}

event = {
id = 9000814
country = U09
style = 0

name = "The Puerto Rican Government"
desc = "...Nobody sees this..."

action_a = {
name = "'El Maestro' forms his Nationalist Cabinet"
	command = { type = headofstate which = 112500 }
	command = { type = headofgovernment which = 112501 }
	command = { type = foreignminister which = 112502 }
	command = { type = armamentminister which = 112505 }
	command = { type = ministerofsecurity which = 112503 }
	command = { type = ministerofintelligence which = 112504 }
	command = { type = chiefofstaff which = 112506 }
	command = { type = chiefofarmy which = 112507 }
	command = { type = chiefofnavy which = 112508 }
	command = { type = chiefofair which = 112509 }

command = { type = add_division which = "Puerto Rico Regiment" value = garrison when = 0 where = police }
	command = { type = add_division which = "65th 'Borinqueneers' Infantry Division" value = infantry when = 0 where = infantry }
	command = { type = manpowerpool value = 30 }

command = { type = rarematerialspool value = 1000 }
	command = { type = energypool value = 1000 }
	command = { type = metalpool value = 500 }
	command = { type = supplies value = 500 }
	command = { type = oilpool value = 150 }
	command = { type = money value = 10 }

command = { type = set_relation which = DOM value = 119 }
	command = { type = set_relation which = PAN value = 89 }
	command = { type = set_relation which = VEN value = 39 }
	command = { type = set_relation which = NIC value = 39 }
	command = { type = set_relation which = TEX value = 39 }
	command = { type = set_relation which = CAL value = 29 }
	command = { type = set_relation which = HON value = 29 }
	command = { type = set_relation which = PRU value = 29 }
	command = { type = set_relation which = CHL value = 29 }
	command = { type = set_relation which = BOL value = 29 }
	command = { type = set_relation which = ARG value = 29 }
	command = { type = set_relation which = ECU value = 19 }
	command = { type = set_relation which = BRA value = 19 }
	command = { type = set_relation which = HAI value = 19 }
	command = { type = set_relation which = CAN value = -29 }
	command = { type = set_relation which = GUY value = -49 }
	command = { type = set_relation which = GUA value = -69 }
	command = { type = set_relation which = CSA value = -69 }
	command = { type = set_relation which = MEX value = -89 }
	command = { type = set_relation which = USA value = -99 }
	}
}

When Mosley become the HoS of the UoB without absolute majority UoB becomes Social Democrat, not Stalinist! The culprit is a political_left=-2 instead of +2 in the events file. Same thing for the intervention in Norway: if the UoB shows interest in them, it becomes more isolationist.

Phew, at least people are talking about the game now.

I don't know what happened to the color scales file, but hills are now teal, Kibbles. :p

I'd say revert to the one I recently sent you (which adds teal and removes the murky swamp-green) and then edit the country file (which designates the colors assigned to each nation) as needed.

Siam and Egypt are still missing claims.

Portugal and Mittelafrika go to war, but have a non-aggression pact, so they cannot attack eachother.

I really really REALLY suggest you find all events that involve the "leave alliance" command and also add a command that sues for peace with all nations they are likely at war with. For example, Weissruthenien just left their alliance with Germany, but is still at war with Portugal and Japan, therefore making them de facto still in the alliance.

Delhi still has no rares and therefore 0/18 IC. They also never leave the Entente as was mentioned before in planning (namely when at war with the other Indias).

USA elected Jack Reed. American Union State broke away. American Union State peacefully annexed the Jack-Reed-led USA. They have very few cores and therefore uprisings all over the place, which is neat, but I don't think this is WAD.

AOG is still never involved in the war between Japan and Germany.

After about two years of sitzkrieg between Portugal and Germany's alliance, Portugal had an event to sue for peace and Germany accepted. However, they were still at war. Nonetheless Portugal had a partitioning of the empire event and turned over colonies to Mittelafrika. Then another event fired in which Germany appeared to accept peace. This is potentially a problem. If, say, Flanders controls Portugese territories when Portugal tries to turn them over to Mittelafrika, they will not transfer. I suggest establish total peace first, THEN have Portugal transfer territories. This is how SMEP peace events work so flawlessly (shameful plug).

Qing Empire, at war with Japan, had an event to move the capital to some historical location. However, they didn't own the province. Perhaps add a condition to check for province ownership and atwar = no.

Princely Federation declared war on Bengal. No problem. Then Delhi, with her 0/18 IC and 4 divisions at 0 organization, declared war on both of them. Uggggh. And perhaps add some more victory points in India so the war is more drawn-out?

Croatia still seems abnormally powerful with around 30 IC.

Instead of totally removing Flanders' IC from the map when the stock market crashes, I would suggest using the IC modifier command. This way, if, say, France conquers the area, they get "full use" of it. Also this would then be easier to have an event which restores Flanders' IC later, similar to the German "economy improves" events.

Germany had an event to install a new regime in Weissruthenien and partition the area with Russia, but nothing fired or happened afterwards. I assume the event is busted and/or it was because Weissruthenien was still de facto in the alliance.

Ukraine is experiencing a similar problem to Weissruthenien. Kruschev heads the government and tried to leave the alliance with Germany, but because of the war against Portugal and Japan, nothing happened. Now Syndicalist armies are moving into Romania because of the Belgrade Pact War and Bulgaria joining Germany. Bizarre.

National France got an event to attack Liberia. They did. And why shouldn't they? They get a claim on the land and 5 IC from it, pushing them over 40 IC for a 3rd techteam. I think this should be addressed, as it's a no-brainer right now with no repercussions.

Princely Federation had "industrial progress in Southern India" while at war with Bengal and Delhi. I would add an "atwar = no" to this, as it seems odd to me.

Whenever the Romandy Province event fires for France and they demand Switzerland give it to them, Switzerland has no choice. They simply have "Switzerland had Dissent in the Romandy Province," indicating they had no options to choose from and it triggers an event for France that says "Swiss accepts." Something seems wrong.

Princely Federation annexed Delhi. They had the "Delhi defeated" event. Then Bengal took Delhi. Then THEY had the "Delhi defeated" event. One should sleep the other.

Furthermore, after Bengal annexed Princely Federation, they had "Delhi is Defeated and India is United." Sounds like a bug or a typo.

If Austria annexes Galicia, I would force them to occupy the Sudetenland area, because as it is right now there's no route for resources to flow to Vienna. Cracow is loaded with 9999.00 of energy and metal, simply rotting there.

Haiti and Dominican Republic went to war early in the game. Stalemate. The AI accepted a peace deal. Later, they declared war on eachother again. I foresee another pointless war.

Republic of the Sicilies, with her ally France, declared war on the Italian Federation. So far so good. Italian Federation was annexed. As soon as that happened, France got an event to turn over territories to Italy. She turned over Turin and Nice (I think), the two provinces both Italy and France claim. Then the Italian AI gave them back to France, as she did not have claims on them YET because the event didn't fire. I think something should be done to make sure France doesn't turn them over (because a human player wouldn't give them back, nor would an AI Italy with claims (and France did all the work)).

Union of Britain still declares war on Denmark.

I would add a "between certain months" condition to the event where France demands Alsace-Lorraine and provokes war with Germany. She provoked the war in my game in January and I hardly believe France would launch an assault on Germany in the freezing dead of winter.

It's late and I'm tired, so if there are any grammar or spelling errors, I apologize.

Last edited:
Just in case anyone runs to this:
error.png

then replace the armor_tech.txt on tech folder with the one found HERE

Atrujedi, the colorscales have optional downloads,so yours are downloadable

Saulot333 said:
When Mosley become the HoS of the UoB without absolute majority UoB becomes Social Democrat, not Stalinist! The culprit is a political_left=-2 instead of +2 in the events file. Same thing for the intervention in Norway: if the UoB shows interest in them, it becomes more isolationist.

Do they still turn Social Conservative by that event, with Quisling as HoG?

Also, is the events if Poland ends up in war with Austria or Hungary fixed yet? Previously, a peace-event was triggered on the day after the poles declared war.

Austria has only three Admirals, none of which can command even her starting fleet. Thi is probably less ofa bug that "not having time to add more damn leaders". But I thought I'd bring it up.

Loving the mod and the concept and how deep it feels.

P.S. If I want to play a campaign with maximum alt-historical-event goodness, who would you recommend?