• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Steff991 said:
Thanks for that, I'll be playing it tonight and I'll let you know anything I think of or notice. BTW, which country do people think is best for first try?
Ukraine, Russia, Austria and Japan all have events... IIRC.

You might want to try Germany or perhaps USA.

Ayeshteni said:
that linked flag would be perfect for the flag yes. :)
Ayeshteni

Here is the flag/shield/counter set for Brittany. Also, just to show off, here is teh Roundel I made for the Brittany AF, it just looks sweet, and the counter does not do it justice , , ,

flag_brit.bmp

shield_brit.bmp

counter_brit.bmp

brit_roundel.jpg

CCurio said:
Why is it always the germans, allies, italians, japanese and soviets never get any luv. :( :p

Actually I believe there is some (VERY) alternate history WWII animé where the japanese have mechas.

I never dared watch it.

Arilou said:
Actually I believe there is some (VERY) alternate history WWII animé where the japanese have mechas.

I never dared watch it.
Well, that was almost expected... Dared? :rofl:

But, using KR as context, I wanna see Austrian and Russian mechas duking it out! I wanna see waves French mechas overwhelming the German reserves! I want to see the victorious "Statthalter Göring" mecha (or should we use walking tank?) division entering Pretoria! I want...want... *passes out as imagination overheats* :p :rofl:

T-hiddemen said:
I am trying to write an App in visual basic that will browse the appropriate folder for skins, flags, shields, etc, show you the options and then let you click to choose, and the program then renames and copies for you. You would have to save and exit and run the utility and then relaunch the game, but it would simplify things a bit, especially for casual users . . .

Truely no end to your talents!

Re: Ministers pictures - As they're not very time consuming, I tend to make them as soon as I find a picture I want to use!

However, I would like to find images of the following French politicians and activists:

- Marcel Bucard (Founder of the Francistes)
- Eugène Deloncle (Action français activist)
- Raymond Froideval (Collaborationist trade unionist)
- René Belin (as above)
- Henri Barbé (ditto.....)

They'd all be reasonably useful, but I haven't been able to locate anything for them so far through the usual channels (eg. google image search...)

Steff991 said:
Thanks for that, I'll be playing it tonight and I'll let you know anything I think of or notice. BTW, which country do people think is best for first try?

Yes as above - I'd only actual suggest playing Russia or the USA (and preferably the latter, as they have events that need testing!).

:D And if you want an interesting game, you must be as aggressive as possible, as no-one else is going to do anything!

T-hiddemen said:
Here is the flag/shield/counter set for Brittany. Also, just to show off, here is teh Roundel I made for the Brittany AF, it just looks sweet, and the counter does not do it justice , , ,

Goodgood - now they just need a tag, leaders and ministers ( :D )!

Actually, just found this (in French: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kadervenn) on a Breton nationalist movement in the relevant period, which apparently modelled itself on the IRA, and collaborated extensively with the Nazis. Could be useful...

CCurio said:
But, using KR as context, I wanna see Austrian and Russian mechas duking it out! I wanna see waves French mechas overwhelming the German reserves! I want to see the victorious "Statthalter Göring" mecha (or should we use walking tank?) division entering Pretoria! I want...want... *passes out as imagination overheats* :p :rofl:

:p - Staatshalter Göring doesn't use Mechas - He goes to the lost plateau in the Congo and catches himself a dinosaur to ride!

Sarmatia1871 said:
:p - Staatshalter Göring doesn't use Mechas - He goes to the lost plateau in the Congo and catches himself a dinosaur to ride!

I'm getting an image of Göring on a dinosaur leading a group of german dino-riders (remember that show?) against an army of japanese mechas....

Arilou said:
I'm getting an image of Göring on a dinosaur leading a group of german dino-riders (remember that show?) against an army of japanese mechas....

:rofl: :rofl: - We need to find some seriously good sprites-makers....

Truely no end to your talents!

Well, its beyond my talents . . . :( The other computer teacher at my school is the programmer. He started showing me a little visual basic and I started working on a prorgam, but I will need lots of help. . . no ETA on it at all.

Re: Ministers pictures - As they're not very time consuming, I tend to make them as soon as I find a picture I want to use!

Makeds sense ... I just remembered that I said I would try and research some California leaders and I will do that also

However, I would like to find images of the following French politicians and activists:

I will look for them as well . . .

Sarmatia1871 said:
- Eugène Deloncle (Action français activist)
-QUOTE]

I found two pictures of Deloncle in a PDF version of a French Police Association magazine in an article about the apprehension and trial of members of the Cagoule during WW2.

Unfortunately they are overlaid with text which I am attempting to photoshop out . . .

New and improved German techteams, I have no idea what Fokker-Junkers has general equipment showing up, its not listed for them, but I'll fix it soon enough, probably some sort of error in my typing somewhere.

Luftshutzamt was the German Miltiary Aviation Department that was disbanded to form the Reichsluftministerium in 1933 by Werner von Blomberg, who felt the Airforce had outgrown the Army. Considering the old guards would be controlling the military during the 20s and 30s, the Airforce's independent command could probably be limited, as the Army wished to retain control over it. the Luftshutzamt will be replaced via event with the reichsluftministerium I imagine via the gemran high command struggles.

The Generalstab have a picture of the Kaiser posing infront of Germany's top commanders like Hindenburg, Tirpitz, Falkenhayn and others, and represent the German/Prussian General Staff, the heart and soul of the Army. It will be replaced probably with a more progressive version of it, maybe OKH Generalstab techteam, that would represent the Guderian/Steiner/Beck/Brauschwitch high command group.

Vulcan AG was added as Germany's 3rd naval tech team, Vulcan Stettin AG produced half a dozen of Germany's dreadnoughts, major merchant vessels and was one of the premier German shipbuilders till 1945. It's been added as the alternative to the Kaiserliche Germaniawerft Kiel.

Mackensen's skill lowered from 8 to 5, and Siemens-Schuckert denied rocketry. Also changed it so Braun and Hiessenburg both have 1 less skill instead of 2, I think this is good to represent Germany's lack of interest, making it slightly harder for a player to get these advanced weapons even if they put time into it. It represents the entrenched beaucracy that would exsist, that didn't under Hitler's radical government.

Well, here is some of the new teams and changes, I'll probably do some more tinkering and such before giving you my files Sarmy, as well as putting them on my webspace for people to add to their game easily.

techteams25nj.jpg

T-hiddemen said:
Here are Bucard and Deloncle

bucard.bmp
deloncle2.bmp

Here are three other possible leaders I came across, all three collaborated in OTL, and were of similar character to the ones you posted. Darnand became head of the Milice, and Sturmbannfuhrer in the SS and was executed by the French, Marcel Deat was an appeaser (wrote the Die for Danzig? article in 39), served under Petain, and helped set up the Vichy Govt in Exile in Sigmaringen in 44-45. Was sentenced toi death in absentia but found sanctuary in an Italian Monastery and died in 1955. Benoist-Mechin was an historian who served in the Vichy Govt, I thought he was executed but apparently was not and lived til 1983

joseph_darnand.bmp

marcel_deat.bmp

jacques_benoist-mechin.bmp

Darnand could be Prince of Terror, I'd have to think about the other two . . .

'Scenario Files Had Errors'

OK - so I downloaded and installed the large file and the small 'fix' file, used the jgsme utility to activate the mod, started up the game, chose the 1936 scenario as Germany....and get a msg 'Scenario Files Had Errors’.
I click ignore and then it loads the regular (Nazi Germany) 1936 game :confused:

What am I doing wrong?

Thx

- j