• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm thinking waiting is probably the key ;)

Akira said:
Well, I myself would just wait some more, there is no rush.

Philosophy, literature and science eh? What's taken your fancy so far? Off-topic I know but I think I can get away with it...

Evans said:
I'm thinking waiting is probably the key ;)

Philosophy, literature and science eh? What's taken your fancy so far? Off-topic I know but I think I can get away with it...
I hope it isn't those goddamn "If a tree falls..." questions that made him pursue philosophy. I had enough of that in gymnasium.

KanaX said:
Well, I can wait.

Yeah but if i test it maybe i can find more bugs? Huh? Am i right? :p :D

Yuriswe said:
Yeah but if i test it maybe i can find more bugs? Huh? Am i right? :p :D
Hey, whatever works for you.

Kibbles said:
This is the last time we'll set an exact deadline for a major version so something like this doesnt happen again. Sorry.

sorry?

for giving the community an awesome MOD?
heh... someone is tripping here ;)

u all did an excellent job!

BinomistaR-G said:
sorry?

for giving the community an awesome MOD?
heh... someone is tripping here ;)

u all did an excellent job!

Thanks!

I think what he was talking about was the fact that he felt rushed to get the work done by that time, and even now 1.0 is still not fully completed.

Though, of course, it's been Kibbles's work (and broken leg) that's allowed this mod to leap forward.

Das Kapitalist said:
I think what he was talking about was the fact that he felt rushed to get the work done by that time, and even now 1.0 is still not fully completed.

i kno, but u all did everithing full amateur

i mean: there's no need to rush

Philosophy, literature and science eh? What's taken your fancy so far?

Long time no see. At the moment of writing Plato, Hawking and Bulgakov.
Still need to recover from the terrible summer I had.

Off-topic I know but I think I can get away with it...

Yes, you can :)

Question: Are the Japanese War Events in, or do I have to start them myself?

Fgorginator said:
Thanks to all you hard workers
I love this mod

it should b very edificating to recieve these kind of comments :D

auch, i thought hoi shade flags would b in this pre-release :(

but i can wait :)

Last edited:
Das Kapitalist said:
Evans, is that you???

Aye I'm back after a bit of a break from all things internet and HoI, I might even start posting on the old forum again... But I'm waiting to have a proper version I can give feedback on before I dive back in...

Long time no see. At the moment of writing Plato, Hawking and Bulgakov.

Aye it has been mate, sorry to hear about the summer. You should definitely add Nietzsche to your list (the real one, not the fellow asking about the Japanese war events - to that fellow, if you check the forum (and then the appropriate Asian/Japan subforum) and you could probably find out :D - it's listed in many sigs in this thread, including mine) and I'd recommend Milan Kundera (the Unbearable Lightness of Being is quite a famous work of his) and Naive, Super! by Erland Loe (less heavyweight philosophical material, but good imho). I'll try and find something by this Bulgakov when I'm back in Exeter, and Hawking's been on my list a while (but Mr Orwell's less known material has taken my reading time for now). Maybe we should start some kind of discussion group or something - any chance for me to write masses of stuff really... :rolleyes:

You should definitely add Nietzsche ... Milan Kundera ... and Erland Loe
Nietzsche, yes, I have him. Kundera I have seen in bookshops, perhaps I might actually get a copy. And as for Erland Loe - never heard of him.
My current list goes like this :
Plato, Aristotle, Marcus Aurelius, Tertullian, Spinoza, Montegne, Schopenhauer, Herbert Spencer, Kant, Hegel, Nietzsche, Haidegger, Toffler, Huntington, Fukuyama + my favourite author Stanislaw Lem.

I'll try and find something by this Bulgakov

Bulgakov is a well known Russian novelist. I am reading his book called The Master and Margarita. It seems that everyone, except for myself has read it (well, everyone who reads anything) and I simply got tired of it :)

Maybe we should start some kind of discussion group
Perhaps.

Sounds like real world philosophy. Lets develop a new philosophy based on the alt-history of kaiserreich.

Alright, expect the real 1.0 sometime this week. I want to keep it vague so nobody stays up all night on the supposed day of the release. A lot more content will be integrated and made. Less than a week no doubt.

Thanks for all the encouragement by the way, everybody.